funny why those scammer can scam people CPF money?

Here is a good summary of ways scammers/hackers gain access to transfer money out of your bank accounts. Never install 3rd party apps outside official playstore 

OTP that depends on SMS is particularly weak as during installation of the malware the users grant the app.abiloty to read sms.

Some trojans pop up as your DBS bank app when it detect you click on the dbs app. It then logs your key stroke when you use your userid and password...it sends these to the hacker.then uses it because the malware can read your SMS the 2FA that depends on SMS is useless.

How do they take all the money out from CPF is to use the above method to get into your CPF account transfer the money using paynow to your DBS account then use paynow to transfer out to their accounts.

How to overcome fingerprint protection?..There are 2 recent vulnerabilities that can by pass the fingerprint authorisation...you need to upgrade your Android with latest security patch and stop.using older phones that have stopped their security updates.

To lower the risk to minimal use a separate phone for banking and financial....and another phone for everything else.

Always stick with major brand phones so that you get security patches fast and for longer duration. For example Samsung has security support for 5 years whereas Oppo or Vivio have it for only 2 yrs for some.model.

Stop using the phones once security support ends. Always check for this date so you can move everything to a new phones

Remember if you money is stolen from bank or CPF nobody is going to compensate you a single cent and your.life is ruined because of this.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

I think you ppl have never encountered bank itself block your own transaction of money transferring.

The bank staff called me to authenticate my bank transfer was legit.  Rotfl

I gave that bank staff, my thumb up.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

For those into technical details.

Here is a full account of how it is done
Basically once the scammer managed to persuade the victim to install the app on his phone, it is "game over".

In this video the security expert shows you exactly what he can control remotely once the app is installed.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

No matter how still very scary, as if money got legs or wings.

Why not convert it to something solid, bricks and mortar, won't run or fly away, gives you regular passive income, highly possible appreciation, and most importantly, a gd hedge against inflation?
[+] 1 user Likes WhatDoYouThink!'s post

(20-06-2023, 09:03 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  For those into technical details.

Here is a full account of how it is done
Basically once the scammer managed to persuade the victim to install the app on his phone, it is "game over".

In this video the security expert shows you exactly what he can control remotely once the app is installed.

Does this even say anything about OTP?

I will admit to your wild hallucinations if you can just show me proof that OTP can be compromised remotely by a hacker taking full control over your phone

Do you even know that OTP generated if specifically binded to your physical phone where you installed the Banking app?

So I would appreciate if you can show me proof that this Youtube video explains how it took over control of the OTP?

Really..

To be safe; OTP I designated to my another phone number in my company mobile phone.

(17-06-2023, 09:20 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  also come money in the bank.

I know recently people got scam download the app.

even they record down your pass word login in also no use partly
when you log in your bank account still need to input OTP number to access.

SO tactically speaking the scammer is managed to ask the victim key in the OTP to do the transfer.

There is No way scammer can literally log in your account withdraw money partly need OTP every time whenever you log in your bank account.

Any Experts can clarify?

Better check your CPF account lah! Big Grin Your OA, SA, RA, Medisave, etc...

Plse do some.basic precautions.lile do a scan on your phone for possible malware.

AVG offers free scans and can be downloaded from.playstore
[Image: GlcsgxB.jpg]

(21-06-2023, 06:33 AM)cheekopekman Wrote:  Better check your CPF account lah! Big Grin Your OA, SA, RA, Medisave, etc...

[Image: Screenshot-20230621-073037-Chrome.jpg]

Waleneh, you check daily or weekly?
[+] 1 user Likes WhatDoYouThink!'s post

(21-06-2023, 07:33 AM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  [Image: Screenshot-20230621-073037-Chrome.jpg]

Waleneh, you check daily or weekly?

Not yet lah! Big Grin

(21-06-2023, 07:16 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Plse do some.basic precautions.lile do a scan on your phone for possible malware.

AVG offers free scans and can be downloaded from.playstore
[Image: GlcsgxB.jpg]

Why you so retarded ah? 

No virus, install the scan end up having virus

You dun believe, try a few anti-virus apps, Trend Micro, AVAST, Kaspersky, etc

Then come back here to report your findings!!

(21-06-2023, 03:04 AM)Sentinel Wrote:  Does this even say anything about OTP?

I will admit to your wild hallucinations if you can just show me proof that OTP can be compromised remotely by a hacker taking full control over your phone

Do you even know that OTP generated if specifically binded to your physical phone where you installed the Banking app?

So I would appreciate if you can show me proof that this Youtube video explains how it took over control of the OTP?

Really..

Also, dare not comment on this post, right? But you should comment and you know why..

(21-06-2023, 02:33 PM)Sentinel Wrote:  Also, dare not comment on this post, right? But you should comment and you know why..

Watch the earlier video it shows you how sms are motels read by hackers.

(21-06-2023, 02:39 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Watch the earlier video it shows you how sms are motels read by hackers.

Many authentic apps are also given permissions to read sms

But IAM talking about OTP, and no one should use sms OTP, for obvious reasons

Use the OTP token generated by the banking app

So, what is your point now? Can a hacker listen to such token generated OTP? The video says nothing about that, because it can't

Yes without otp number cannot open your account lah less steal our CPF hard earn money...

(20-06-2023, 04:11 PM)Tee tiong huat Wrote:  Jail them arhh... Clapping

[Image: Screenshot-20230623-203719-Whats-App.jpg]