Pritam Singh in front of the COP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbMtG3p4SrU

Next will be the lau char bor, she famous for using lipsticks during break time to red her lips

This ET always tells people not to 'jump ahead' of him but then he went on to interrupt people whenever he can. No manners!
[+] 3 users Like Blasterlord2's post

The way he sits on lower eye level than the upper desk of the rest of the panel already give you a disadvantage..its like they are on upper hand n power. Like a king sits high on top.
[+] 2 users Like Sharexchange's post

ET even got the audacity to tell people not to play with words, but he's the one who's doing that. How come I feel like this is an interrogation when the Faisal, PS and Sylvia are there only to assist? This is a rubbish COP.
[+] 5 users Like Blasterlord2's post

(12-12-2021, 06:13 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  This ET always tells people not to 'jump ahead' of him but then he went on to interrupt people whenever he can. No manners!
That’s exactly what I said earlier, this ET is very unprofessional, arrogant and lacks proper manners. ET hv to brush up more on these areas and needs to learn how to behave properly.
[+] 2 users Like Gemstar's post

ET said, I put it to you these 3 options

Replied: There could be many more options

Rotfl

ET assume that this and that.

Replied: Dont assume, it never happen

Rotfl

8Umbrella Umbrella

ET go home

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes p1acebo's post

What happened ah? Like haggling at a wet mkt over price leh

Really waste of taxpayer's money

We want more discussion abt bread n butter issues lah

This is super childish and not germaine to our livelihood ok, jokers!!

I like Sham better.

I almost finished the whole video and I changed my mind. There's indeed something suspicious about PS's handling of the whole situation.

For example, after he realised that RK was not telling the truth in the parliamentary sitting, why didn't he ask her about it when he next met her? How can he just leave it to her to clarify at her own convenience? Doesn't make sense. Although ET's way of questioning is rude, he did bring up some valid points.

Its unfair to have the COP all are dirty despicable whites. Oppositions should be there, even thou NMP

KTV妹妹说,香港人无义,台湾人无情,新加坂人无智 Big Grin
[+] 2 users Like Tangsen's post

It is like the whole gang of PnP versus a lone Oppo

Very wasting time and money

(12-12-2021, 10:59 PM)Stoki Wrote:  It is like the whole gang of PnP versus a lone Oppo

Very wasting time and money

If these was and independence, a high court judge and an opposition should make up the COP … but then …..

KTV妹妹说,香港人无义,台湾人无情,新加坂人无智 Big Grin

(12-12-2021, 06:39 PM)p1acebo Wrote:  ET go home

Pritam completely blew spongebob out of the water. Puts up a beri convincing argument and completely frustrated spongebob who couldn't control the direction of the proceedings and the narrative.
[+] 5 users Like luncheonmeat's post

(12-12-2021, 11:15 PM)luncheonmeat Wrote:  Pritam completely blew spongebob out of the water. Puts up a beri convincing argument and completely frustrated spongebob who couldn't control the direction of the proceedings and the narrative.
Is a blessing that PS attended the COP hearing and he outwitted that spongebob until it got blur and lost directions.  So, that spongebob thought that PS can be easily bullied.  This one better go and learn some trainings before getting to deal with PS.  I am happy to see this scenario and is a totally blew on it's face.  PS deserved my support and praise for his sharp wits and eloquence.
[+] 5 users Like Gemstar's post

Who is the judge to deliver the verdict and sentence upon completion?

PS 1: ET 0

nudie
[+] 2 users Like happyharvest's post

(12-12-2021, 11:57 PM)Gemstar Wrote:  Is a blessing that PS attended the COP hearing and he outwitted that spongebob until it got blur and lost directions.  So, that spongebob thought that PS can be easily bullied.  This one better go and learn some trainings before getting to deal with PS.  I am happy to see this scenario and is a totally blew on it's face.  PS deserved my support and praise for his sharp wits and eloquence.

It is ridiculous he was questioned for hours go try to fish out aomwghjng...but they got nothing

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Is Tan Chuan Jin supposed be neutral? Doesn’t seem so to me.

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

(12-12-2021, 11:15 PM)luncheonmeat Wrote:  Pritam completely blew spongebob out of the water. Puts up a beri convincing argument and completely frustrated spongebob who couldn't control the direction of the proceedings and the narrative.

Lesson learnt…. Beware of smelly khans Laughing

Hardcock oops, hardtalk.

Quickly call back old general low to save the faltering party...otherwise, next erection will b cliffhanger, touch go...credibility as an honest , transparent , forward looking party all lost.

N without the wise chinatown , how to draw new blood ? Nobody wants it to die a slow unceremonial death.

Now, only the old clever hags here everywhere wagging its tail n telling the world proudly ' we live like, love liars n accomolices of liars!' N their kids , descendents will emulate their oldies n life goes on n on like moron trumpet.

(12-12-2021, 06:33 PM)Gemstar Wrote:  That’s exactly what I said earlier, this ET is very unprofessional, arrogant and lacks proper manners. ET hv to brush up more on these areas and needs to learn how to behave properly.

This bloody Evil Tong is a big bully but he kena from PS at some points. It is a shit show from pappies.
[+] 1 user Likes RichDad's post

(13-12-2021, 08:09 AM)Yin yang Wrote:  Hardcock oops, hardtalk.

Quickly call back old general low to save the faltering party...otherwise, next erection will b cliffhanger, touch go...credibility as an honest , transparent , forward looking party all lost.

N without the wise chinatown , how to draw new blood ? Nobody wants it to die a slow unceremonial death.

Now, only the old clever hags here everywhere wagging its tail n telling the world proudly ' we live like, love liars n accomolices of liars!' N their kids , descendents will emulate their oldies n life goes on n on like moron trumpet.

You will be surprised. Voters are not so daft anymore, with better education, awareness and social media. Papayas can't con so many people anymore lah.

Times have changed. Big bullies will get karma. Wake up!
[+] 2 users Like RichDad's post

(12-12-2021, 11:57 PM)Gemstar Wrote:  Is a blessing that PS attended the COP hearing and he outwitted that spongebob until it got blur and lost directions.  So, that spongebob thought that PS can be easily bullied.  This one better go and learn some trainings before getting to deal with PS.  I am happy to see this scenario and is a totally blew on it's face.  PS deserved my support and praise for his sharp wits and eloquence.

People got eyes to see and ears to hear.

PS and WP will come out stronger than ever.
[+] 1 user Likes RichDad's post

Joseph Nathan

Decemtb0Sep5o5r05 1l1u sat1 5o:656re 5A7fM  ·

IS THE COMMITTEE OF PRIVILEGES (COP) AN INQUIRY, A WITCH-HUNT OR A CALCULATED-DISTRACTION?

The COP’s inquiry into Raeesah Khan’s alleged lying in parliament is turning out to be more of a witch-hunt, and its endless twists and turns have evolved into a nightmare for the PAP rather than the WP.

As Khan has already admitted to lying, and has resigned as an MP prior to the COP, is there even a need to commence with the inquiry?

What can the COP really do to Khan or WP except to strip her of her parliamentary privileges, penalize her or demand for her to step down?

But with each new revelation, more questions are being asked about their relevance and the objectivity of the COP’s inquiry, and whether the COP is being politicalized. 

Simply put, the PAP has again shot itself mindlessly.

Was The Basis Of A Fair Inquiry Undermined?

The real trouble started when Edwin Tong, a lawyer, was allowed to “lead” Khan and the witnesses without any objection or restraint by Tan Chuan Jin, the COP Chairman who is also the Speaker of Parliament.

As there is no defence lawyer or a judge in attendance to counter Edwin’s attempt to “lead”, the inquiry can very easily be turned into a political attack.

To make matters worse, when Khan was allowed to be “led” into making further allegations against her party members and leaders, why didn’t the committee or its chairman make any conscientious attempt to call the WP and see if they would like to rebut these allegations before publicizing its findings by issuing a special report?

Why was a special report issued and will this be a new precedence in future COP inquiry?
In so doing, the whole inquiry became something like a political witch-hunt that needlessly strokes the tension between the pro-PAP and the pro-WP supporters. 

Past “scandals” of both parties were recollected and thrown into the open, making the issue into an open mud-throwing battle between the supporters of the PAP and the WP.

The WP’s Bag Of Scandals:

Khan has notoriously earned her way into becoming one of WP’s top scandals.
Then there was Yaw Shin Leong, who was expelled from WP for having an extramarital affair with a married woman in 2012 that triggers a by-election in 2012 which WP still managed to win convincingly.

Interestingly, Yaw somehow managed to crawl himself back into the current dispute by making new allegations that he was told to stay “silent”. 

And there was a public bickering between Pritam Singh and Indranee Rajah, where she alleged that “WP will have no moral authority in the future” after the AHTC scandal.

Yes, there was the AHTC trial where Pritam Singh, Sylvia Lim and Low Thia Kheng were charged with breaching their fiduciary duties to the AHTC, and where several ministers from the PAP turned it into an election issue against the WP in GE2020.

If the AHTC case was so serious, why wasn’t the PAP pursuing it as vigorously after GE2020?
Why did the PAP appoint Pritam as the LOTO after GE2020 when Indranee had openly alleged that the WP has no moral authority?

Something is just not adding up here.

Is there more than meets the eye?

The PAP’s Bag Of Scandals:

Who can forget about Michael Palmer, the PAP’s MP and former Speaker of Parliament who admitted to having a year-long affair with a constituency director of Pasir Ris West Constituency, which led to the PAP’s loss of that SMC to the WP in the by-election in 2013.
Then there was David Ong, who resigned in 2016 over his affair with a married grassroots activist at Bukit Batok.

Yes, there was another PAP’s MP, Zainudin Nordin, who was also a mayor and the former president of FAS, who was arrested for alleged misuse of public funds in 2017 and put on police bail but yet all the charges were dropped in September 2021.

Our SPF could not have arrested him for frivolous allegations, can they?
So can you imagine the amount of savings we could save should his MP’s and mayor’s pension & benefits be withdrawn for corruption, even on a lesser charge?

And there was Phey Yew Kok, a former PAP’s MP and former president and chairman of the NTUC who fled the country in 1979 but was finally charged and jailed for 5-years in 2016 for corruption after 27 years on the run.

Then there was Teh Cheang Wan, the former Minister for National Development (MND) and who headed the HDB when he was investigated in 1986 for corruption but was found dead in an apparent suicide a month later.

The findings of that COP were presented to the President only a year later and there was no special report despite the seriousness of his conduct.

Restoring Public Trust:

Teh left behind a suicide note which stated “I feel it is only right that I should pay the highest penalty for my mistake.”

In his book “The Man and His Ideas”, Lee Kuan Yew reiterated the importance of having a system where people act in accordance with certain principles: The purpose is not just to be righteous. The purpose is to create a system which will carry on because it has not been compromised. I didn’t do that just to be righteous about Teh Cheang Wan. But if I had compromised, that is the end of the system”. 

LKY’s consistency in adopting zero tolerance for corruption and Teh’s final acknowledgement of the need to take accountability for his failure to act in good faith while in public office are reflective of the cornerstones that galvanizes older Singaporeans to keep faith in the old PAP of yester-years.

Parliamentarians must not forget LKY’s advice and should act in good faith if we want to preserve the integrity of our parliamentary system.
Isn’t this the key thrust of PM Lee’s message at the close the PAP Convention - winning back the trust of the people?

Hope Lee or some of his parliamentarians will heed the advice of LKY by raising the importance of re-opening some of the corruption cases involving politicians that were dropped so that the public can have greater trust in our system.
Why not start with the FAS scandal and where was the COP's inquiry report on the former mayor to behin with?

Is The COP A Distraction?

As the COP is turning out to be a mud-throwing game between the supporters of the PAP and WP, isn’t it time to put a stop to this distraction as Singapore is still struggling with a pandemic which Lee has termed as a “crisis of a generation”?

With endless announcements of increase in basic essentials like the increase in utility charges, increase in petrol prices, increase in cost of public transport, increase in COE, upcoming increase in property tax for public housing (HDB), why aren’t parliamentarians raising these issues up in parliament or their social media platform to help address the financial stress on fellow Singaporeans?

Are our parliamentarians not aware that a large segment of our working Singaporeans are very concerned about their employment, security of jobs, struggling with under-employment, facing challenges finding a job, and that many of our entrepreneurs, enterprise owners, hawkers, taxi-drivers and gig-workers are facing severe challenges just to stay alive for just another day?

So what is our government’s response to these socio-economic challenges facing Singaporeans?
If it is so easy to increase property tax on public housing, how hard can it be in implementing wealth taxes like estate duty or inheritance taxes to help relieve the financial burden on our Working Class?

Why not start looking into increasing the GST for luxury goods & services? 
Instead of wasting time and resources in bickering over the Khan-saga like some spoilt children, shouldn’t their priority be in addressing these pressing socio-economic issues?
Do parliamentarians these days still believe that Singaporeans deserve better?

Source: https://www.facebook.com/groups/59226004...958109698/
[+] 2 users Like RichDad's post

(13-12-2021, 08:55 AM)RichDad Wrote:  Joseph Nathan

Decemtb0Sep5o5r05 1l1u sat1 5o:656re 5A7fM  ·

IS THE COMMITTEE OF PRIVILEGES (COP) AN INQUIRY, A WITCH-HUNT OR A CALCULATED-DISTRACTION?

The COP’s inquiry into Raeesah Khan’s alleged lying in parliament is turning out to be more of a witch-hunt, and its endless twists and turns have evolved into a nightmare for the PAP rather than the WP.

As Khan has already admitted to lying, and has resigned as an MP prior to the COP, is there even a need to commence with the inquiry?

What can the COP really do to Khan or WP except to strip her of her parliamentary privileges, penalize her or demand for her to step down?

But with each new revelation, more questions are being asked about their relevance and the objectivity of the COP’s inquiry, and whether the COP is being politicalized. 

Simply put, the PAP has again shot itself mindlessly.

Was The Basis Of A Fair Inquiry Undermined?

The real trouble started when Edwin Tong, a lawyer, was allowed to “lead” Khan and the witnesses without any objection or restraint by Tan Chuan Jin, the COP Chairman who is also the Speaker of Parliament.

As there is no defence lawyer or a judge in attendance to counter Edwin’s attempt to “lead”, the inquiry can very easily be turned into a political attack.

To make matters worse, when Khan was allowed to be “led” into making further allegations against her party members and leaders, why didn’t the committee or its chairman make any conscientious attempt to call the WP and see if they would like to rebut these allegations before publicizing its findings by issuing a special report?

Why was a special report issued and will this be a new precedence in future COP inquiry?
In so doing, the whole inquiry became something like a political witch-hunt that needlessly strokes the tension between the pro-PAP and the pro-WP supporters. 

Past “scandals” of both parties were recollected and thrown into the open, making the issue into an open mud-throwing battle between the supporters of the PAP and the WP.

The WP’s Bag Of Scandals:

Khan has notoriously earned her way into becoming one of WP’s top scandals.
Then there was Yaw Shin Leong, who was expelled from WP for having an extramarital affair with a married woman in 2012 that triggers a by-election in 2012 which WP still managed to win convincingly.

Interestingly, Yaw somehow managed to crawl himself back into the current dispute by making new allegations that he was told to stay “silent”. 

And there was a public bickering between Pritam Singh and Indranee Rajah, where she alleged that “WP will have no moral authority in the future” after the AHTC scandal.

Yes, there was the AHTC trial where Pritam Singh, Sylvia Lim and Low Thia Kheng were charged with breaching their fiduciary duties to the AHTC, and where several ministers from the PAP turned it into an election issue against the WP in GE2020.

If the AHTC case was so serious, why wasn’t the PAP pursuing it as vigorously after GE2020?
Why did the PAP appoint Pritam as the LOTO after GE2020 when Indranee had openly alleged that the WP has no moral authority?

Something is just not adding up here.

Is there more than meets the eye?

The PAP’s Bag Of Scandals:

Who can forget about Michael Palmer, the PAP’s MP and former Speaker of Parliament who admitted to having a year-long affair with a constituency director of Pasir Ris West Constituency, which led to the PAP’s loss of that SMC to the WP in the by-election in 2013.
Then there was David Ong, who resigned in 2016 over his affair with a married grassroots activist at Bukit Batok.

Yes, there was another PAP’s MP, Zainudin Nordin, who was also a mayor and the former president of FAS, who was arrested for alleged misuse of public funds in 2017 and put on police bail but yet all the charges were dropped in September 2021.

Our SPF could not have arrested him for frivolous allegations, can they?
So can you imagine the amount of savings we could save should his MP’s and mayor’s pension & benefits be withdrawn for corruption, even on a lesser charge?

And there was Phey Yew Kok, a former PAP’s MP and former president and chairman of the NTUC who fled the country in 1979 but was finally charged and jailed for 5-years in 2016 for corruption after 27 years on the run.

Then there was Teh Cheang Wan, the former Minister for National Development (MND) and who headed the HDB when he was investigated in 1986 for corruption but was found dead in an apparent suicide a month later.

The findings of that COP were presented to the President only a year later and there was no special report despite the seriousness of his conduct.

Restoring Public Trust:

Teh left behind a suicide note which stated “I feel it is only right that I should pay the highest penalty for my mistake.”

In his book “The Man and His Ideas”, Lee Kuan Yew reiterated the importance of having a system where people act in accordance with certain principles: The purpose is not just to be righteous. The purpose is to create a system which will carry on because it has not been compromised. I didn’t do that just to be righteous about Teh Cheang Wan. But if I had compromised, that is the end of the system”. 

LKY’s consistency in adopting zero tolerance for corruption and Teh’s final acknowledgement of the need to take accountability for his failure to act in good faith while in public office are reflective of the cornerstones that galvanizes older Singaporeans to keep faith in the old PAP of yester-years.

Parliamentarians must not forget LKY’s advice and should act in good faith if we want to preserve the integrity of our parliamentary system.
Isn’t this the key thrust of PM Lee’s message at the close the PAP Convention - winning back the trust of the people?

Hope Lee or some of his parliamentarians will heed the advice of LKY by raising the importance of re-opening some of the corruption cases involving politicians that were dropped so that the public can have greater trust in our system.
Why not start with the FAS scandal and where was the COP's inquiry report on the former mayor to behin with?

Is The COP A Distraction?

As the COP is turning out to be a mud-throwing game between the supporters of the PAP and WP, isn’t it time to put a stop to this distraction as Singapore is still struggling with a pandemic which Lee has termed as a “crisis of a generation”?

With endless announcements of increase in basic essentials like the increase in utility charges, increase in petrol prices, increase in cost of public transport, increase in COE, upcoming increase in property tax for public housing (HDB), why aren’t parliamentarians raising these issues up in parliament or their social media platform to help address the financial stress on fellow Singaporeans?

Are our parliamentarians not aware that a large segment of our working Singaporeans are very concerned about their employment, security of jobs, struggling with under-employment, facing challenges finding a job, and that many of our entrepreneurs, enterprise owners, hawkers, taxi-drivers and gig-workers are facing severe challenges just to stay alive for just another day?

So what is our government’s response to these socio-economic challenges facing Singaporeans?
If it is so easy to increase property tax on public housing, how hard can it be in implementing wealth taxes like estate duty or inheritance taxes to help relieve the financial burden on our Working Class?

Why not start looking into increasing the GST for luxury goods & services? 
Instead of wasting time and resources in bickering over the Khan-saga like some spoilt children, shouldn’t their priority be in addressing these pressing socio-economic issues?
Do parliamentarians these days still believe that Singaporeans deserve better?

Source: https://www.facebook.com/groups/59226004...958109698/

Very dark you know this COP. Up to now, I don’t know the objective of this enquiry. Now I know. Very, very dark. Wasting taxpayers money. Maybe surplus manpower so they need to appear to do some work.

(13-12-2021, 05:12 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  It is ridiculous he was questioned for hours go try to fish out aomwghjng...but they got nothing
It is clear cut that PS or even Faisal doesn’t needs to report to COP on what is discussed within them on closed doors. This is irrelevant and nonsense. To pass judgement on this as contempt, in my opinion, is bias and unfair. Faisal rebutted this ET very rightly on this point.  If they want this way, can we also request their party to tell us what are their strategies discussed in their closed door too?

(12-12-2021, 10:47 PM)Tangsen Wrote:  Its unfair to have the COP all are dirty despicable whites. Oppositions should be there, even thou NMP

Must be a joke to put PAP member in the COP. No conflict of interest? Rotfl

Next time similiar case happen to current team. Make sure appoint more oppy to question the bugger like criminal.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"
[+] 1 user Likes RiseofAsia's post

Why VB tell falsehood in parliament regarding TT, no COP ? Should have COP so that we know the full picture, not hide.

Fair and square.