Question :Did life improve for Singaporeans after 20yrs of PM Lee?

The MIW cannot wait to react only when SG becomes even more overcrowded than it is today

[Image: 56d08e6b2e5265b6008b9dda?width=600&forma...&auto=webp]

PAP improve new citizen life and new citizen so grateful of PAP and forever support them
it's a smart strategy they just need to improve lots of lots of new citizen life will do. they stay in power forever

local.... hmmm their own misery lor

I am just a tiny plankton in the ocean.
[+] 1 user Likes Rainforest's post

(18-04-2024, 09:39 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Let's look at the key issues that impact our lives

1. Is housing cost more affordable? 
2. Is the cost of living more affordable?
3. Is there better job security?
4. Is medical care more affordable and access to medical improved?
5. For those who need a car it is easier to get one today than 20yrs ago?
6. It is easier to achieve retirement adequacy today vs 20yrs ago?
7. Is it easier to get a jobs that pays for the cost of living today vs 20yrs ago? Is it easier now for 50yo to get jobs?
8. Do you feel more unhappy and stressed out today than 20ys ago?

For me it's hard to say that PM Lee's govt is good when the most important things the govts does for the people did not improve.

majority of Sinkies don't care about all this one............... Cool

(18-04-2024, 09:39 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  1. Is housing cost more affordable? 
7. Is it easier to get a jobs that pays for the cost of living today vs 20yrs ago? Is it easier now for 50yo to get jobs?
For me it's hard to say that PM Lee's govt is good when the most important things the govts does for the people did not improve.

S'pore's exports are down 21% year on year, our export of ships are down a shocking almost 100% and pharmaceuticals have dropped by 70%. What value are taxpayers getting for paying this PM $2.5 million annually? Add to that the alarm
ing no. of retrenchments for S'poreans! 

Some people over here driving continental car, living in Condo.  🤣

(19-04-2024, 09:29 AM)moonrab Wrote:  Some people over here driving continental car, living in Condo.  🤣

Don't begrudge such S'poreans who came from humble beginnings, but worked hard to upgrade from the HDB heartlands and reliance on public transport to give their loved ones a better quality of life. They didn't ask for handouts. 

(19-04-2024, 09:15 AM)Napoleon Porlumpar Wrote:  majority of Sinkies don't care about all this one...............

It is not that they don't want it. They simply cannot afford it.

(19-04-2024, 09:14 AM)Rainforest Wrote:  PAP improve new citizen life and new citizen so grateful of PAP and forever support them it's a smart strategy they just need to improve lots of lots of new citizen life will do. they stay in power forever local.... hmmm their own misery lor

In a word, that is treason.
[+] 1 user Likes EvertonDiehard's post

(18-04-2024, 09:39 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Let's look at the key issues that impact our lives

1. Is housing cost more affordable? 

Compared to millions in third world countries like china and india, you're doing very well already. No housing and food shortage problems, what more do you want?

Life is up to you to make it.
Our conditions are good here. 
Some youngsters speak out like everything is their entitlement. 
Get real, start with the right attitude and right vision. 
We Singaporeans are the lucky lot. Most important, free from natural disaster.
[+] 1 user Likes Migrant's post

(19-04-2024, 09:53 AM)Migrant Wrote:  Life is up to you to make. Our conditions are good here. Some youngsters speak out like everything is their entitlement. Get real, start with the right attitude and right vision. We Singaporeans are the lucky lot. Most important, free from natural disaster.

I managed to upgrade out of the HDB heartlands and public transport over 20 years ago by the age of 30. I guess it is far more difficult to achieve upward mobility nowadays for the youngsters. That is why they are griping.

(19-04-2024, 09:42 AM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  Compared to millions in third world countries like china and india, you're doing very well already. No housing and food shortage problems, what more do you want?

I guess many Sinkies believe that paying $1 million for the remaining lease on a pigeon hole that doesn't belong to the buyer is not truly a home, and overpriced food which is an essential item are not palatable.

(19-04-2024, 09:56 AM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:  I managed to upgrade out of the HDB heartlands and public transport over 20 years ago by the age of 30. I guess it is far more difficult to achieve upward mobility nowadays for the youngsters. That is why they are griping.

You upgraded not because of necessities, but as you'd said because many ppl looked down on you. Is that true?

(19-04-2024, 09:56 AM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:  I managed to upgrade out of the HDB heartlands and public transport over 20 years ago by the age of 30. I guess it is far more difficult to achieve upward mobility nowadays for the youngsters. That is why they are griping.

How many times you want to share this????

Ignore List: Oyk

(19-04-2024, 09:34 AM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:  Don't begrudge such S'poreans who came from humble beginnings, but worked hard to upgrade from the HDB heartlands and reliance on public transport to give their loved ones a better quality of life. They didn't ask for handouts. 

No begrudge la...
Life improvement in Singapore mah..👏
Living example.

On Jan 18, real estate agency ERA Realty released a White Paper on the private property market that revealed a rising proportion of young Singaporeans are buying new private homes and that, in general, the profile of new private home buyers is “skewing younger”.

The report studied a sample size of 37,000 Singaporean new home buyers and is based on proprietary industry data from ERA Singapore.

Over the span of the past nine years, the share of new private-home buyers aged 26 to 35 surged from 9 per cent of all new private-home sales in the country in 2015 to 35 per cent in 2023.

That fellow 未见过大蛇疴尿

more jialat than good i would say.

(19-04-2024, 10:04 AM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  You upgraded not because of necessities, but as you'd said because many ppl looked down on you. Is that true?

You put words in my mouth, so it is untrue.

(19-04-2024, 12:06 PM)moonrab Wrote:  On Jan 18, real estate agency ERA Realty released a White Paper on the private property market that revealed a rising proportion of young Singaporeans are buying new private homes and that, in general, the profile of new private home buyers is “skewing younger”. The report studied a sample size of 37,000 Singaporean new home buyers and is based on proprietary industry data from ERA Singapore. Over the span of the past nine years, the share of new private-home buyers aged 26 to 35 surged from 9 per cent of all new private-home sales in the country in 2015 to 35 per cent in 2023.

My son and his fiance are among the young S'poreans buying private homes with massive financial assistance from their parents.

(19-04-2024, 12:00 PM)moonrab Wrote:  No begrudge la...Life improvement in Singapore mah..Living example.

I am against S'poreans expecting the govt to subsidise private housing and cars so they are able to join the upper crust of society. 

Smile this question should ask those pioneers gen lah is them always vote PAP

End up see elderly happy working cannot retire in RICH only PM , HC etc minister they are getting more rich.

(19-04-2024, 07:41 AM)RiseofAsia Wrote:  Do you have kids? Car is a necessity for young parents with children. It is very stressful to take public transport when you have a crying baby on board.

Have you been taking public transport during peak hour to work?
Not only for young parents. For people who have family member/s who suffer serious illness, who need support to move about, they definitely need a car to transport them to and from the hospital/rehab centres!

Before: At your service; After: Serves you right!

(19-04-2024, 07:41 AM)RiseofAsia Wrote:  Do you have kids? Car is a necessity for young parents with children. It is very stressful to take public transport when you have a crying baby on board.

Have you been taking public transport during peak hour to work?

I've been taking public transport to work my whole working life. I'm definitely more down to earth than u.

(19-04-2024, 09:34 AM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:  Don't begrudge such S'poreans who came from humble beginnings, but worked hard to upgrade from the HDB heartlands and reliance on public transport to give their loved ones a better quality of life. They didn't ask for handouts. 
These group of people deserved it becos they worked for it. Unlike others who are paid millions, and yet, do nothing beneficial.

(19-04-2024, 08:07 AM)p1acebo Wrote:  Since it is a Friday morning, let me tell a joke.  No intention to blaspheme any faith.

Buddha and Prophet Mohammad were hard at it during the game of marbles.  Whoever lost the round will get a “kuti” to his testicles. 

Buddha lost and lost again, and Prophet Mohammed had a field day kuti-ing his balls. It was said that the several flicks aimed at Buddha’s balls must have caused considerable pain and discomfort and Buddha was readying for his revenge Big Grin

Then during the final round for the day, Prophet Mohammed really lost! So Buddha was waiting to have his turn to inflict maximum pain by using his fingers to flick Prophet Mohammed’s balls in revenge!

But Prophet Mohammed quickly ran away… so to this day, Buddha is ever ready to claim his revenge.

That’s why Buddha sits and always poses with his  fingers outstretched and poised, always vigilant and ready Big Grin

[Image: vitarka-2.png]

I heard this joke 30 years ago..

But it was Buddha and Jesus..
Same story..the ending is Jesus lost and he went to hide behind a door and he spreads his arms like his crucifixion

Life improved for foreigners who came from 3rd World and now living like 1st World here. So they are the ones voting for PM Lee. Those days will be gone as the divide is wider.

he is the apple of the eye to most if not all ceca pinoy tiong jhk indon amdk amdl

he will continue to warm the cockles of the heart of ceca pinoy tiong jhk indon amdk amdl

he is indeed the greatest prime minister ever who will put citizens down and bring any foreigners up unlike the first prime minister of singapur

he is the great spokesman for "india on our minds"
so as to achieve happiness, prosperity and progress for entire ceca living in singapur

singapur belongs to all

not forgetting

singaporeans commit more crimes

thank you for building a singapur for the rest of the world isolating singaporeans

LOL just now ch 8 program show interview those “ pre choosen one claim “ all say he good blah blah one aunty claim got house car over the years good under LHL.

(19-04-2024, 11:26 AM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  How many times you want to share this????

You don't have to read it if you are jealous. Go upgrade yourself.