Retirement and re-employment ages in Singapore will be raised to 65 and 70

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/p...-65-and-70
[+] 1 user Likes forum456's post

(01-11-2021, 09:16 PM)forum456 Wrote:  https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/p...-65-and-70

To increase re-employment age to 70 will mean that many may not enjoy the fruits of their labour... crying
[+] 1 user Likes debono's post

PAP got no shame!

Only a farkup gov force their citizens to work beyond 50yo.
[+] 3 users Like Notdumb's post

sustainable? good lucky to Gen Z Rotfl

that mean the young one cannot join the workforce too since the oldies not giving up their position. more unemployed young

Many will work till death. I hope MOM provide some data how many 50 years old get re-hired as PMETs? Even in the Public sector.

(01-11-2021, 09:24 PM)wulala Wrote:  sustainable? good lucky to Gen Z Rotfl

When they raised the retirement and re-employment age to 65 and 70 respectively, the Gen Z may find it difficult to find a good job.  There must be a change of new blood for our strawberry generation... crying

70% will have die by then

I don't mind working till 70, but I believe once you're old, the company will try to get rid of you, regardless of your knowledge and experience.
[+] 1 user Likes Blasterlord2's post

Can ensure there are jobs available or not?

cannot above 65years old to work as long as young.
Especial this pandemic, high risk for those above 70.

if so, then SIA and SAF also must set example, do you think possible. sure cannot, who want a 70 air stewardess to served you or a aged soldier to protect our country. kidding me

good lord, I hope many dont have to

I mean this is really nuts...everyone plan to retire around 50 but work till 70 ... its crazy

looking at old people working is stressful. have to slog till so long and cant enjoys life till death. 
NO RETIREMENT . Then what the purpose, might as well dont come to earth and be a human in sg. after spending so long in working and cannot let go is a joke that sg can provide.

(01-11-2021, 09:43 PM)keys Wrote:  good lord, I hope many dont have to

I mean this is really nuts...everyone plan to retire around 50 but work till 70 ... its crazy

To retire at 50 is too early, that could be the peak of their career. I think the current retire age of 62 is about right. Having said that there must not be retire at 65, cos that is the time to take it easy and go for holidays in the twilight years...... Laughing

(01-11-2021, 09:49 PM)debono Wrote:  To retire at 50 is too early, that could be the peak of their career. I think the current retire age of 62 is about right. Having said that there must not be retire at 65, cos that is the time to take it easy and go for holidays in the twilight years...... Laughing

Plan to retire ...not must retire !!!

but I hope to retire at 50 but do community work from 50 onwards ..no pay is fine

(01-11-2021, 10:11 PM)keys Wrote:  Plan to retire ...not must retire !!!

but I hope to retire at 50 but do community work from 50 onwards ..no pay is fine

You must have lots of $$$$$ in your CPF/banks...... Clapping

(01-11-2021, 09:20 PM)debono Wrote:  To increase re-employment age to 70 will mean that many may not enjoy the fruits of their labour... crying
If u have enough, u can retire early.

(01-11-2021, 09:42 PM)jus4lucky Wrote:  if so, then SIA and SAF also must set example, do you think possible. sure cannot, who want a 70 air stewardess to served you or a aged soldier to protect our country. kidding me

I believe that SIA air stewardess have to be grounded at age 35 and above, they can opt to work as ground stewardess or do office work...... Laughing

Is this a prelude of govt going to lock up your money until 70 years old?

1. I have served the nation in a combat unit for 2.5 + 10 years. I had fulfilled my duty as a citizen, but has the country do it's part for me?
2. I don't know where the threat of CCP is, but I know the threat of CECA is already at my doorsteps
3. I had been called a CCP, JHK, Pinoy, but they never called me a CECA..

Song Boh!

[Image: giphy-8.gif]

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

(01-11-2021, 10:33 PM)ArielCasper Wrote:  Is this a prelude of govt going to lock up your money until 70 years old?

If one were to be employed till 65 and re-employed at 70, chances are they will revamp the age of retirement  account.. Laughing

(01-11-2021, 10:15 PM)debono Wrote:  You must have lots of $$$$$ in your CPF/banks...... Clapping

Not really , I just being scrouge mcduck all the time ..so got a bit of savings and dabble in some investments 

but as you age ... you are no longer as sharp as before ..and as you push in these work environments ..the body may not be able to take it and soon all the money earn just end up with doctors etc 

So better to take off early and do the stuff at your pace and makes you contented plus happpy in life

really work until die Laughing

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

(01-11-2021, 11:16 PM)keys Wrote:  Not really , I just being scrouge mcduck all the time ..so got a bit of savings and dabble in some investments 

but as you age ... you are no longer as sharp as before ..and as you push in these work environments ..the body may not be able to take it and soon all the money earn just end up with doctors etc 

So better to take off early and do the stuff at your pace and makes you contented plus happpy in life

Hmm.... interesting and sound advice.....

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

Don’t have to wait till I think before 60 many companies will ask you to go. What jobs for 70 cleaners?

Its damn funny those who condemn China as a Poor country becos majority earns very little yet they can retire at age 50.

If u hv visited China u would hv seen most tourist attractions has a lot of old prcs on holidays. And its impossible to even see an oldman clearing tables unlike evil PAP making citizens life miserable for aged.