Higher fish prices in Malaysia due to lower fish stock in country's waters

Higher fish prices in Malaysia due to lower fish stock in country's waters: Fishermen's Association

Fishermen estimate a decline of up to 70 per cent in fishes sighted at sea, especially in the northern part of peninsular Malaysia.

🐟 https://tdy.sg/3wKx2ed

70% drop in fish sighted at sea is a red flag to me... Where did the fishes escape to??
[+] 1 user Likes Sticw's post

The world is facing famine

Food shortage

Gold or money can’t stop it

No weapons that forms against me shall prosper
No tongue that rises against me I shall condemn 
☝️

(26-05-2022, 08:19 AM)Sticw Wrote:  70% drop in fish sighted at sea is a red flag to me... Where did the fishes escape to??

Singapore.

The fish feel safe being here. Npark ban fishing in many rivers and cannel.

(26-05-2022, 08:19 AM)Sticw Wrote:  70% drop in fish sighted at sea is a red flag to me... Where did the fishes escape to??

Either dying or no more breeding

☝️

No chicken eat fish quote from our President

.....Seriously REALLY lost in touch these people still can claim talk so much on " community stuffs " ??
[+] 1 user Likes [[ForeverAlone]]'s post

Overfishing . Even the tiny fishes were not spared.

tomorrow will be a better day

(26-05-2022, 10:27 AM)surfer Wrote:  Overfishing . Even the tiny fishes were not spared.

Overfishing takes time too. If they can occur suddenly then it's a major red flag... Also, the covid period was a recovery for all natural resources so it's strange to see a comment saying 70% of fishes missing...

(26-05-2022, 10:35 AM)Sticw Wrote:  Overfishing takes time too. If they can occur suddenly then it's a major red flag... Also, the covid period was a recovery for all natural resources so it's strange to see a comment saying 70% of fishes missing...

Don't think it occurred suddenly. Population increase, consumption increased accordingly by fishes not replenished in the ocean. Thinking

tomorrow will be a better day

(26-05-2022, 10:38 AM)surfer Wrote:  Don't think it occurred suddenly. Population increase, consumption increased accordingly by fishes not replenished in the ocean. Thinking

I bet soon they will start marketing for farmed fish as the alternative. It's still all about profit... Lol

Yes, all cuntries must go for farmed fish .. easy job for fishermen, no need to risk their lives in open choppy seas oceans

Dont worry lah. Grow your own vegetables and become half vegetarian lah

(26-05-2022, 10:40 AM)Sticw Wrote:  I bet soon they will start marketing for farmed fish as the alternative. It's still all about profit... Lol

The diet of farm fishes may not be healthy. Many years ago, visited the Lim Chu Kang jetty and saw workers shifting packs of "maggie mee" (I presume expired ones) onto boats to head back to their kelong. Otherwise fish farming is still not sustainable as they still need to be fed with (trash) fishes that are caught from the oceans.

(26-05-2022, 12:42 PM)sgxin Wrote:  The diet of farm fishes may not be healthy. Many years ago, visited the Lim Chu Kang jetty and saw workers shifting packs of "maggie mee" (I presume expired ones) onto boats to head back to their kelong. Otherwise fish farming is still not sustainable as they still need to be fed with (trash) fishes that are caught from the oceans.

Wanna eat FRESH FISH meat, taste tender etc you really can't beat from those go to the sea live catch it

Instead from those farming types , which they breed within their kelong at the sea.

Nowadays, with this fukushima nuclear matrrials all flow to the seas, oceans, where got safe to eat ocean fishes .
All.die faster
[+] 1 user Likes Yin yang's post

(26-05-2022, 10:38 AM)surfer Wrote:  Don't think it occurred suddenly. Population increase, consumption increased accordingly by fishes not replenished in the ocean. Thinking

Less populated coastal cities and towns should still be fine as the seas around them are rich in fish resources.
Eg For Spore retirees, moving into towns in Northwest Malaysia, Southern Thailand or China will be quite attractive when Covid is no longer an issue.
Western coast Thailand is also better as water in the Andaman sea should be less radioactive than South China Sea.

Thailand Satun:

Fish in Hainan is still cheap. Pork too as 1 kg is only S$8 unlike the $15 here.
Mar 2022 video of a market in Hainan Boao:

[+] 1 user Likes sgxin's post

(26-05-2022, 12:50 PM)sgxin Wrote:  Less populated coastal cities and towns should still be fine as the seas around them are rich in fish resources.
Eg For Spore retirees, moving into towns in Northwest Malaysia, Southern Thailand or China will be quite attractive when Covid is no longer an issue.
Western coast Thailand is also better as water in the Andaman sea should be less radioactive than South China Sea.

Thailand Satun:

Fish in Hainan is still cheap. Pork too as 1 kg is only S$8 unlike the $15 here.
Mar 2022 video of a market in Hainan Boao:

Hainan seafoods is cheap and lots of Fresh fish etc but if you are foreigner go there you don't " anyhow point here and there " they will treat it oh you want this and that.

Farm fishes not chewy n taste like cardboard

☝️
[+] 1 user Likes Lukongsimi's post