S$4 fish ball noodles at hawkers only cost less than S$1 at home

Man says eating at hawkers now ‘ridiculous,’ S$4 fish ball noodles only cost less than S$1 at home

He noted having paid S$4 for a bowl of fish ball noodles, whereas doing it at home only cost him less than a dollar and the preparation time took only 10 minutes.

https://theindependent.sg/man-says-eatin...1-at-home/

For those working

prepare own meal the night before

and microwave it for lunch

is also cheaper

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 

He didn't add manpower cost and rental for stall mah!

So called fish balls in Spore are all fake, in Thailand they serve authentic fish balls

Eat at home as much as possible.
Cook home food.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(16-08-2022, 09:43 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Eat at home as much as possible.
Cook home food.

And sell knick knacks and idolise handbag and crypto scam masters Big Grin

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes p1acebo's post

Lj la what fishballs...all are Starch and flour balls...consumers are very Stupid.
[+] 2 users Like Sharexchange's post

saved, if u hv already stuffed fishballs n noodles in fridge.
if u need to walk take bus to n fro, pls calculate incl cooking gas etc
savings is subjective

(16-08-2022, 09:55 AM)p1acebo Wrote:  And sell knick knacks and idolise handbag and crypto scam masters Big Grin

555 sardines from Value Shop ish da best, good and cheap.....according to the one chiu are tokking about.

then dont eat lo

they have to pay rental, and make a living

nothing is for free ..wake up your idea

Never found cooking at home to be cheap. Maybe I don’t know where to get the super cheap ingredients like the writer to be able to cook fishball noodles for less than a dollar.

Fish balls in Spore contain 90% flour, hard to chew….real fish balls are soft and tasty
[+] 2 users Like lvlrsSTI's post

(16-08-2022, 12:58 PM)Ichigo Wrote:  Never found cooking at home to be cheap. Maybe I don’t know where to get the super cheap ingredients like the writer to be able to cook fishball noodles for less than a dollar.

Can lah. One fish ball cost 25 cents in fresh market. Hokkien noodle can get a small package for 50 cents. So if cook just one fish ball noodle can consider one dollar where gas, water, cooking oil, salt and some tauge added.

If 4 fish balls noodle is around $2....... Big Grin

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung

(16-08-2022, 12:43 PM)Ichigo Wrote:  555 sardines from Value Shop ish da best, good and cheap.....according to the one chiu are tokking about.

Rotfl

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

(16-08-2022, 01:08 PM)Huliwang Wrote:  Can lah. One fish ball cost 25 cents in fresh market. Hokkien noodle can get a small package for 50 cents. So if cook just one fish ball noodle can consider one dollar where gas, water, cooking oil, salt and some tauge added.

If 4 fish balls noodle is around $2....... Big Grin

Where got people eat fish ball noodles with a single fish ball nia? 
I eat mee kia or mee pok, few years ago bought from Chinatown market 5 lumps of mee kia $2.00. Fish cakes 5 small pieces $2.00. If eat 1 lump of noodles 40 cents, 2 small fish cakes 80 cents, plus 4 to 5 fishballs, minced pork, oil, gas, water, transportation cost to market, easily above $2.00. Not forgetting the prices quoted were a few years ago, now could cost more.

(16-08-2022, 03:16 PM)Ichigo Wrote:  Where got people eat fish ball noodles with a single fish ball nia? 
I eat mee kia or mee pok, few years ago bought from Chinatown market 5 lumps of mee kia $2.00. Fish cakes 5 small pieces $2.00. If eat 1 lump of noodles 40 cents, 2 small fish cakes 80 cents, plus 4 to 5 fishballs, minced pork, oil, gas, water, transportation cost to market, easily above $2.00. Not forgetting the prices quoted were a few years ago, now could cost more.
Agree lah and that's why I find one dollar fish ball noodle a bit unbelievable and I am stunt like vegetable...... Big Grin

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung

preparing cook food at home is a way to save money. the difference is the labour cost, greedy landlord rent and small profit for the hawkers. my zai chai png with same ingredient has gone from $5 to 7$ leow. what to do.
inflation is here and going up. labour price increased is an input to it.

(16-08-2022, 03:23 PM)Huliwang Wrote:  Agree lah and that's why I find one dollar fish ball noodle a bit unbelievable and I am stunt like vegetable...... Big Grin

Thank you for mentioning vegetable, forgot to add in the cost of spring onions! Another 10-20 cents, spring onions not that cheap too.
Aiyah cannot liddat say lah, maybe we eat one lump noodles he takes half lump, we eat one fish ball he eats half ball nia.
[+] 1 user Likes Ichigo's post

(16-08-2022, 01:04 PM)lvlrsSTI Wrote:  Fish balls in Spore contain 90% flour, hard to chew….real fish balls are soft and tasty

Real fish balls should have less than 5% flour or starch.

Like this one that I feel has less than 2% :
[+] 1 user Likes sgxin's post

(16-08-2022, 09:12 PM)sgxin Wrote:  Real fish balls should have less than 5% flour or starch.

Like this one that I feel has less than 2% :

That’s exactly what I meant…when you travel to other countries like Malaysia and Thailand, you will notice their fish balls are very tender and soft, because 90% are fish meat.

(16-08-2022, 09:16 PM)lvlrsSTI Wrote:  That’s exactly what I meant…when you travel to other countries like Malaysia and Thailand, you will notice their fish balls are very tender and soft, because 90% are fish meat.

In Spore the hawkers add water to sugarcane juice and use fake fishballs to maximise their profits.

Singapore is well known a rich country and Singaporeans are wealthy yet kpkb about $4..fish ball noodles.

Pay $10 and just tell seller to keep the change.

In Melbourne, hawker food PapaRich is selling fish ball noodles $18

Laksa $20

(16-08-2022, 09:29 AM)Stoki Wrote:  Man says eating at hawkers now ‘ridiculous,’ S$4 fish ball noodles only cost less than S$1 at home

He noted having paid S$4 for a bowl of fish ball noodles, whereas doing it at home only cost him less than a dollar and the preparation time took only 10 minutes.

https://theindependent.sg/man-says-eatin...1-at-home/

This kind of people better follow the "good brother" back after 7mth.
Hawker no need to pay rent, no need to pay salary, no need to make money …. lose money to sell you $1
Cannot afford dun kow peh expensive. 
Some fuggs willing to pay $18 for a bowl of ramen but kow peh bak char mee $5 expensive ….. same effort

KTV妹妹说,香港人无义,台湾人无情,新加坂人无智 Big Grin