S'pore inks deal with Pfizer for its vaccines for kids aged 5 to 11

The Republic has signed a new supply agreement with Pfizer for its paediatric Covid-19 vaccines for children aged five to 11,said Health Minister Ong Ye Kung yesterday.

The agreement also includes the delivery of these vaccines, and the Ministry of Health is in "constant  contact" with Pfizer to fulfil these deliveries as soon as possible, said Mr Ong.

Singapore's director of medical services Kenneth Mak said last week that the paediatric doses but a different buffer solution, so that they can be stored under more conventional cold chain requirements. 

This will also make it easier to draw the required amount of  vaccine from the vial...

Part of an article found in todays' The New Paper.

Will you guys go for Pfizer, moderna or the China vaccines for your booster shot? Big Grin

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

(16-11-2021, 10:09 AM)p1acebo Wrote:  Will you guys go for Pfizer, moderna or the China vaccines for your booster shot? Big Grin

For my wife and I we have no choice, cos the Sinovac and Sinopharm is not available at that point in time.. crying

(16-11-2021, 10:47 AM)debono Wrote:  For my wife and I we have no choice, cos the Sinovac and Sinopharm is not available at that point in time.. crying

Okie, no worries, at least you are still alive and kicking Big Grin

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

(16-11-2021, 10:09 AM)p1acebo Wrote:  Will you guys go for Pfizer, moderna or the China vaccines for your booster shot? Big Grin
We hv been analysing so much info and news around us globally, Pfizer and moderne are definitely out of my choice.  Just look at those infections and death cases tells the whole story and I believed, most of them are vaccinated with Pfizer or moderna.  I got my Sinopharm booster on 15 Oct.

(16-11-2021, 11:07 AM)Gemstar Wrote:  We hv been analysing so much info and news around us globally, Pfizer and moderne are definitely out of my choice.  Just look at those infections and death cases tells the whole story and I believed, most of them are vaccinated with Pfizer or moderna.  I got my Sinopharm booster on 15 Oct.

Don't scare me lah...... crying

(16-11-2021, 11:09 AM)debono Wrote:  Don't scare me lah...... crying
No lah. I meant if I had a choice, I wud take non mRNA vaccine. Traditional vaccine hv been in use since 1930, whilst Pfizer and moderne only been researched in 2019. Having said this, looking at the rates of deaths and infections even on those vaccinated with American vaccines, I really hv doubts on their efficacy. Body is ours, we decides ourselves.

From emergency use to constant contract... If mandating you to bring bleach is OK, I think they will get Singaporeans to all drink bleach and can free up the land for beloved foreigners.

(16-11-2021, 10:47 AM)debono Wrote:  For my wife and I we have no choice, cos the Sinovac and Sinopharm is not available at that point in time.. crying
No worries. As long as you eat well, sleep well and exercise regularly, your powerful immune system can fight the virus. 👍😀

(16-11-2021, 11:07 AM)Gemstar Wrote:  We hv been analysing so much info and news around us globally, Pfizer and moderne are definitely out of my choice.  Just look at those infections and death cases tells the whole story and I believed, most of them are vaccinated with Pfizer or moderna.  I got my Sinopharm booster on 15 Oct.

Hurray! Big Grin

Now. Now have Sinovac n Sinofarm..... many first n 2nd time jab by Pfizer. Got many side-effect.

(16-11-2021, 12:58 PM)Teeth53 Wrote:  Now. Now have Sinovac n Sinofarm..... many first n 2nd time jab by Pfizer. Got many side-effect.
Now they saying Pfizer no problem for children. Is 100% same as telling the adult n even seniors...

NO PROBLEM. When problem come. They said not related to vaccine. All having underlying problems.
[+] 2 users Like Teeth53's post

Now. SG govt said, children must jab by Pfizer. See so many death and still counting...

(16-11-2021, 12:58 PM)Teeth53 Wrote:  Now. Now have Sinovac n Sinofarm..... many first n 2nd time jab by Pfizer. Got many side-effect.
Parents hv every right not to hv their children vaccinate with Pfizer or Moderna.  If govt insist that it is mandatory, they can reject it by not bringing their children to the vaccination ctr.  Otherwise, provide them with Sinovac or Sinopfarm and they will go ahead with it. They shd be given a choice which is reasonable.

That’s what old people always said “ang mo straight” in Hoikken, our leader now lack flexibility.
[+] 1 user Likes Ken's post

(16-11-2021, 01:05 PM)Teeth53 Wrote:  Now they saying Pfizer no problem for children. Is 100% same as telling the adult n even seniors...

NO PROBLEM. When problem come. They said not related to vaccine. All having underlying problems.

when someone tells you no problem, he means no problem for him.
[+] 1 user Likes WhatDoYouThink?'s post

(16-11-2021, 11:38 AM)Gemstar Wrote:  No worries. As long as you eat well, sleep well and exercise regularly, your powerful immune system can fight the virus. 👍😀

Thank you for your consolation, bro. it is much appreciated.... Clapping
[+] 1 user Likes debono's post

Those Bananas and Rojaks in govt are sell out our pioneers and kids to evil Angmoh this round
[+] 1 user Likes CHAOS's post

(16-11-2021, 01:30 PM)Gemstar Wrote:  Parents hv every right not to hv their children vaccinate with Pfizer or Moderna.  If govt insist that it is mandatory, they can reject it by not bringing their children to the vaccination ctr.  Otherwise, provide them with Sinovac or Sinopfarm and they will go ahead with it. They shd be given a choice which is reasonable.

What you said is true, govt. cannot insist that the child be vaccinated with Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, they must be allowed to choose. Perhaps Sinovac and Sinopharm are safer alternatives.... Clapping
[+] 2 users Like debono's post

I urge SG govt to allow a choice of mRNA or inactivated vaccine for the young. For elderlies, they may not live very long to bear any consequences with mRNA. But for young kids, the unknown effects of mRNA may affect them for the rest of their lives. In comparison, inactivated vaccine has been a proven approach for century and while it is not perfect, it is still safer or more known than mRNA.

Please provide parents the option of choice of vaccine for the young kids.
[+] 3 users Like Sticw's post

(16-11-2021, 07:23 PM)Sticw Wrote:  I urge SG govt to allow a choice of mRNA or inactivated vaccine for the young. For elderlies, they may not live very long to bear any consequences with mRNA. But for young kids, the unknown effects of mRNA may affect them for the rest of their lives. In comparison, inactivated vaccine has been a proven approach for century and while it is not perfect, it is still safer or more known than mRNA.

Yes., spare the parents choice of vaccine to be used on their children, and they are prepared to face the consequences of their decisions.. Smile

It's just like hearing test for infant. The doc and nurse will ask parents for permission to do so. I refused it cos there were many instances where the hearing test actual cause deafness in kids.

Instead my boy only had such test done when he was much older. I hope the govt can respect us as individuals and not mere figures. And please do not give empty promises of the country taking care of the people on mRNA cos promises of man can never stand the test of time. Effects of mRNA is not fully understood so why test it on kids? Push ahead without giving people choices and I hope your children and grandchildren will die before you do. Sorry but I have to resort to casting a curse. God be with me on this. Amen.

Pl go to ong y k Facebook to highlight to him, the more the merrier, I will definitely be one of them as many of my grand child fall in this category.

(16-11-2021, 08:07 PM)Ken Wrote:  Pl go to ong y k Facebook to highlight to him, the more the merrier, I will definitely be one of them as many of my grand child fall in this category.

I hope more protest to OYK will make him decide on the right use of vaccines.... Laughing

U can choose to defer until Sinovac or sinopharm is available. But u kan cheong, kia boh. Don't say no choice. Laughing
[+] 2 users Like winbig's post

(16-11-2021, 01:30 PM)Gemstar Wrote:  Parents hv every right not to hv their children vaccinate with Pfizer or Moderna.  If govt insist that it is mandatory, they can reject it by not bringing their children to the vaccination ctr.  Otherwise, provide them with Sinovac or Sinopfarm and they will go ahead with it. They shd be given a choice which is reasonable.

The only choice the govt will give u is to impose more restrictions on the unvaccinated so that u lan lan have to jab your child.
[+] 1 user Likes winbig's post

(16-11-2021, 08:43 PM)winbig Wrote:  The only choice the govt will give u is to impose more restrictions on the unvaccinated so that u lan lan have to jab your child.

The garment will not want to be seen as being unreasonable and force children to be vaccinated with Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, but they could make life difficult by making all sorts of restrictions for those who refuse to jab..... Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes debono's post

(16-11-2021, 07:33 PM)debono Wrote:  Yes., spare the parents choice of vaccine to be used on their children, and they are prepared to face the consequences of their decisions.. Smile
Including refuse to get any jab?

(16-11-2021, 07:23 PM)Sticw Wrote:  I urge SG govt to allow a choice of mRNA or inactivated vaccine for the young. For elderlies, they may not live very long to bear any consequences with mRNA. But for young kids, the unknown effects of mRNA may affect them for the rest of their lives. In comparison, inactivated vaccine has been a proven approach for century and while it is not perfect, it is still safer or more known than mRNA.

That's very correct.  Those young kids are our future generations of hope and talents.  It wud be a heartache to see them injured by serious side-effects from mRNA vaccines.
[+] 2 users Like Gemstar's post

The choice for the vaccines should be given to the parents for the children. The latter bodies are still developing at a young age. Why the dosage is reduced? Why are there hesitancy in many countries on mRNA vaccines for young children?

=
Novavax is the preferred choice but mRNA vaccine is chosen because of the speed of getting it out to the public.