S'porean couple denied entry to M'sia after questioning officer's passport chopping

I think they should just stop going to Malaysia.

https://mothership.sg/2023/05/singaporea...ied-entry/
[+] 2 users Like Levin's post

Never go there during their new year.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

low ses

It was a small matter over chopping of passport.
The couple turned ut into a full blown dispute by waiting to complain against the jmmigration officer jnstead of letting the matter rest

They forget these officers have authority to deny entry.

Learn not to be petty and bring trouble onto yourself

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
[+] 2 users Like sgbuffett's post

No need to bring yourself down to their low level. Ignore them and dont deal with them

8Umbrella Umbrella

Did not remove the plastic cover from the passport before giving it to the immigration officer.

Supposing it was that time of the month, and the officer was not in a very good mood, I don't sexpert her to like being made to remove it for the visitor.  She may even feel like she was being treated as a lowly servant to have to do this.

Not happy when officer asked you to remove the cover?

Chopped and voided a stamp...maybe the officer wanted to annoy you but suck it up lar.  Want to complain? That would be like me complaining about RK in edmw where 99% of the members there belong to the 39%.

In the end, refusal of entry for six months.  nudie

This is not Singapore where you can bully the MIW, threaten with your votes, and shout down their supporters like me just because you are the majority in edmw and SgTalk.  This is Malaysia and the officer showed you who's the boss there. Rolleyes

Obitgoot.
[+] 1 user Likes Oyk's post

(22-05-2023, 09:46 AM)RiseofAsia Wrote:  Never go there during their new year.

We have our CNY and many Han Singaporeans are on duty, at horsepeters, police stations, immigrations...

Malays are no different.  

All understand that as uniformed personnel, the call of duty sometimes takes precedence over personal celeberations.

So your comment is rather biased and insulting.

I am not sure if it is an offence to give ang pows to staff who have to work on their festive...I would not mind, and I hope all visitors would do what I would do....give the officer who chops passport a ten ringgit ang pow. It can add up to a lot of money for a shift of say 8 hours, but it's OK.
[+] 1 user Likes Oyk's post

Never be rude, challenge or ask stewpig questions at the customs. Your priority is to clear the immigration asap.
[+] 3 users Like WhatDoYouThink!'s post

The rule of thumb
Never argue or question ANY law enforcement officer when you are in another country
Never
When I encounter any bad attitude immigration officer
I always say thank you to them when they done they job

LMW (PSP) to PAPigs: DO NOT TAKE EVERY OPPOSITION IDEA AS A SOURCE OF DIVISION!!!
[+] 1 user Likes Bluebull's post

(22-05-2023, 09:46 AM)RiseofAsia Wrote:  Never go there during their new year.

Okay if passport laden with gratifications  Thinking

(22-05-2023, 10:06 AM)Oyk Wrote:  Did not remove the plastic cover from the passport before giving it to the immigration officer.

Supposing it was that time of the month, and the officer was not in a very good mood, I don't sexpert her to like being made to remove it for the visitor.  She may even feel like she was being treated as a lowly servant to have to do this.

Not happy when officer asked you to remove the cover?

You got read the article properly or not? Nobody asked the immigration officer to remove the cover. And the issue is not even about the cover!
[+] 1 user Likes Blasterlord2's post

One sided story... they must have said something ugly to the officer. Deserve it. Should be banned entry for 2-3 years.

no "you help me, I help you" ?

No matter how unreasonable or rude or corrupt the customs officers in any country, never argue with them. You will not win. Take photo or record the convo secretly if possible.

(22-05-2023, 09:39 AM)Levin Wrote:  I think they should just stop going to Malaysia.

https://mothership.sg/2023/05/singaporea...ied-entry/

忍一时风平浪静,退一步海阔天空

小问题大麻烦...Life is too short to wast your time in long jams and taking toll w mental stress.....So what when we have S$1 = 3.35 MYR ?

Big Grin

You've got friendly neighbours? Grow Up! 李光耀 2013

(22-05-2023, 11:19 AM)Manthink Wrote:  忍一时风平浪静,退一步海阔天空

小问题大麻烦...Life is too short to wast your time in long jams and taking toll w mental stress.....So what when we have S$1 = 3.35 MYR ?

Big Grin

That's what I thought. Not happy, don't go lor. 

I guess one can post about it LATER to warn others but no point making a hassle there. They will stick together and make your life difficult.

(22-05-2023, 11:24 AM)Levin Wrote:  That's what I thought. Not happy, don't go lor. 

I guess one can post about it LATER to warn others but no point making a hassle there. They will stick together and make your life difficult.

aiyoh, just "help them" and everything can be settled.

If you are asked to go to the office, it means they expect something to be given under-the-table.

Dont give means jialat

8Umbrella Umbrella

Own ppll fight own ppl
[+] 1 user Likes SeewhatLook's post

(22-05-2023, 09:48 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  It was a small matter over chopping of passport.
The couple turned ut into a full blown dispute by waiting to complain against the jmmigration officer jnstead of letting the matter rest

They forget these officers have authority to deny entry.

Learn not to be petty and bring trouble onto yourself

In Rome, do what the Romans do lah! Big Grin Don't like don't go lah!

(22-05-2023, 12:31 PM)SeewhatLook Wrote:  Own ppll fight own ppl

Singapore Malays are NOT Malaysia Malays lah! Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes cheekopekman's post

some sillyporeans are too  self centred,
cant bring the complaint culture to other countries.
y are at their mercy to deal w u!!

(22-05-2023, 12:01 PM)klat Wrote:  If you are asked to go to the office, it means they expect something to be given under-the-table.

Dont give means jialat

best answer gor this thread

Sg malays and msia malays despise each other..msia malays very lay back, sg malays maybe think with the backing of the sg currency can ya ya papaya in Bolehland

(22-05-2023, 11:26 AM)K88 shu shu Wrote:  aiyoh, just "help them" and everything can be settled.

You use the wrong word - You intend to write "Bribe" instead of "help"... Big Grin

[+] 1 user Likes Manthink's post

(22-05-2023, 12:01 PM)klat Wrote:  If you are asked to go to the office, it means they expect something to be given under-the-table.

Dont give means jialat

M'sian custom is practicing "Truly Asia" - Najib Mathahir or Anwar, Bolehland will always be Bolehland  Big Grin

Last time their practice is to damage your SG passport to get special goodies from you.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/s...checkpoint

(22-05-2023, 03:22 PM)Manthink Wrote:  You use the wrong word - You intend to write "Bribe" instead of "help"... Big Grin

me fully believe "saya tolong awak, siapa tolong saya ?".  Laughing

Small matter, they blew until so big!

Deserved to be banned!

(22-05-2023, 02:46 PM)pinkpanther Wrote:  Sg malays and msia malays despise each other..msia malays very lay back, sg malays maybe think with the backing of the sg currency can ya ya papaya in Bolehland

M'sian Custom officers Pledge -

We the corrupted officers of Malaysia
Pledge ourselves as one United gang in uniform
Regardless of race language or religion,
to bribe and bully all SGreans at CIQs
so as to achieve happiness, prosperity and pride for our Nation."

Big Grin

[+] 1 user Likes Manthink's post

When I read the news thot is Chinese argue with Malay when in actual fact is own skin color argue with each other haha. Go other ppl land be humble lar. They can do what they want you also LL. Not happy don't go in lor so simple. Now they say you don't go in for 6 months. As for give monies need to be tactful as now so many camera around in their place but whether camera is working is another story.

How car owners give is cannot kiap inside passport anymore they will ask you "drop" the notes onto the floor besides the car. Then they pretend walk and step on the notes see around no camera pretend bend down and then scoop up the notes. This is not a fabrication I can say.