SG got aging population why need to build so many BTO HDB flat?

Need to chop so many trees to build news flat why har?

(02-09-2024, 02:58 PM)Bigiron Wrote:  Need to chop so many trees to build news flat why har?

Many Newly marry couples complain waited for too long or cannot get a slot in the queue for BTO le..
How?

Bring back MBT

(02-09-2024, 03:01 PM)moonrab Wrote:  Many Newly marry couples complain waited for too long or cannot get a slot in the queue for BTO le..
How?

Is seem not tally. Govt latest data show Marriage and baby always on the low. The number of BTO flats build so far actually quite a lot.
Is more likely also include some HDB owners too obviously , after sell high at resale market they get BTO flat. Aka old HDB change to new HDB flat. Whereas another group are from Private property owners. Some already old kids already move out etc so they sell off their private property and buy BTO flat or resale flat.
[+] 1 user Likes [[ForeverAlone]]'s post

(02-09-2024, 03:01 PM)moonrab Wrote:  Many Newly marry couples complain waited for too long or cannot get a slot in the queue for BTO le..
How?

Where does these couple come from ?
New citizen?

Plus birth rate drop why still got couple getting married leh?

Aging population 
[+] 1 user Likes Bigiron's post

new citizens and PR roh... Tongue

even found in grassloots nao lololololol... Tongue

“Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth” – Buddha.
[Image: https://i.ibb.co/0hWSqby/wednesday-quote.jpg]

(02-09-2024, 03:03 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  Is seem not tally. Govt latest data show Marriage and baby always on the low. The number of BTO flats build so far actually quite a lot.
Is more likely also include some HDB owners too obviously , after sell high at resale market they get BTO flat. Aka old HDB change to new HDB flat. Whereas another group are from Private property owners. Some already old kids already move out etc so they sell off their private property and buy BTO flat or resale flat.

Does this push up the price of HDB flat?
Plus need to give grant since land price is inclusive

(02-09-2024, 03:03 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  Is seem not tally. Govt latest data show Marriage and baby always on the low. The number of BTO flats build so far actually quite a lot.

It has been a long time BTO waiting period is 4 to 5 years. 
HDB never build to sell, but build according to order. That is the reality in Singapore. 

Try to book one for yourself, you will know the real situation. Getting a slot in the queue to select a bto is very challenging.

(02-09-2024, 03:05 PM)Bigiron Wrote:  Where does these couple come from ?
New citizen?

Plus birth rate drop why still got couple getting married leh?

Aging population 

Aging but still alive..occupying a hdb flat..🤣
[+] 1 user Likes moonrab's post

(02-09-2024, 03:15 PM)moonrab Wrote:  Aging but still alive..occupying a hdb flat..🤣

If so why need to build so many HDB flat for bto leh

(02-09-2024, 03:20 PM)Bigiron Wrote:  If so why need to build so many HDB flat for bto leh

Catering to the young lo...
Each children will own a new flat, similar to the Malaysian each children will own a car. 

See the Math..

(02-09-2024, 03:20 PM)Bigiron Wrote:  If so why need to build so many HDB flat for bto leh

because they need to provide BTO flats to become resale flats for increasing foreigners who will become PRs

Without BTO flats, there will be no resale flats.

Now is 6 millions, next target is 7 millions in which 4 millions are foreigners
[+] 1 user Likes forum456's post

(02-09-2024, 03:08 PM)Bigiron Wrote:  Does this push up the price of HDB flat?
Plus need to give grant since land price is inclusive

(02-09-2024, 03:14 PM)moonrab Wrote:  I forget to mention PRs. They can buy HDB resale flat from resale market. They also contribute on pushing the price of the resale HDB flat.

It has been a long time BTO waiting period is 4 to 5 years. 
HDB never build to sell, but build according to order. That is the reality in Singapore. 

Try to book one for yourself, you will know the real situation. Getting a slot in the queue to select a bto is very challenging.

I actually tried before " play play " ballot for BTO flat. Last time I got it, a Punggol near the shopping mall. HDB even send me that nice nice thick pamplets.

Also give me the Q number. Before my turn they sent sms tell me no need come to HDB hub as all units fully taken.

I see how the system go kinda HDB play " scam " like LTA ERP ..... You pay 10 dollars to ballot than I got it. You even send those thick nice nice pamplets of that BTO flat unit let me choose, see. Later tell me no need come as fully taken. Is like the way how they plan and ballot is kinda " scam " Just like LTA ERP they claim you pay ERP enjoy smooth ride but end up you pay and get stuck in the traffic jam ????

(02-09-2024, 03:26 PM)moonrab Wrote:  Catering to the young lo...
Each children will own a new flat, similar to the Malaysian each children will own a car. 

See the Math..

Aging population where does the young come from?
Is it like sun wukong jump out the rock?
These benefits who?
Pap gov or ageing population?

(02-09-2024, 03:31 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  I actually tried before " play play " ballot for BTO flat. Last time I got it, a Punggol near the shopping mall. HDB even send me that nice nice thick pamplets.

Also give me the Q number. Before my turn they sent sms tell me no need come to HDB hub as all units fully taken.

I see how the system go kinda HDB play " scam " like LTA ERP .....  You pay 10 dollars to ballot than I got it. You even send those thick nice nice pamplets of that BTO flat unit let me choose, see. Later tell me no need come as fully taken. Is like the way how they plan and ballot is kinda " scam "  Just like LTA ERP they claim you pay ERP enjoy smooth ride but end up you pay and get stuck in the traffic jam ????

It was because your queue number at the lower end.
Normally they issue queue numbers more than the available units. Expecting rejection or never show up cases...😊

(02-09-2024, 03:32 PM)Bigiron Wrote:  Aging population where does the young come from?
Is it like sun wukong jump out the rock?
These benefits who?
Pap gov or ageing population?

Aging is the second generation whom have children la...
I am aging doesn't mean I got no kids hor..🤣

Oei, Singapore is only 59 years old le...
Many went through the 1965 are still around hor🤭

How?

Allow below 35 singles to buy HDB flats?. Below 35  Singaporean ⁷and PR are competing with newly married couples to buy new flats.  Building too many 2 room flats will result in over supply in the not too distant future.  New 3 - 4 rooms flat are getting smaller. When these newly married have children they will be looking for bigger flats not 3 rms but 4 rm or 5 rm. 2 rm will be in over supply.

(02-09-2024, 03:31 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  I actually tried before " play play " ballot for BTO flat. Last time I got it, a Punggol near the shopping mall. HDB even send me that nice nice thick pamplets.

I see how the system go kinda HDB play " scam " like LTA ERP ..... You pay 10 dollars to ballot than I got it. You even send those thick nice nice pamplets of that BTO flat unit let me choose, see. Later tell me no need come as fully taken. Is like the way how they plan and ballot is kinda " scam " Just like LTA ERP they claim you pay ERP enjoy smooth ride but end up you pay and get stuck in the traffic jam ????

Must be very sad when told no need to cum

That’s why those can afford or with parents’ help, die die must get private condo

(02-09-2024, 04:07 PM)Goldmine Wrote:  Allow below 35 singles to buy HDB flats?. Below 35  Singaporean ⁷and PR are competing with newly married couples to buy new flats.  Building too many 2 room flats will result in over supply in the not too distant future.  New 3 - 4 rooms flat are getting smaller. When these newly married have children they will be looking for bigger flats not 3 rms but 4 rm or 5 rm. 2 rm will be in over supply.

Singapore 700 sq km cannot sustain in building old type 4 and 5 room size for everyone. Totally not possible physically and economically. 

35 years old single bto buyers is an evolution in modern society unmarried group.
Opposition have been voicing up for such group. Some even wanted the age limit to be lower, maybe 30 years old? So?

PR is one of the reason for our HDB resale value sustainability. Without this group, many Singaporean will not have the first "pot of gold"..
What do we want?

(02-09-2024, 03:41 PM)moonrab Wrote:  Aging is the second generation whom have children la...
I am aging doesn't mean I got no kids hor..🤣

Oei, Singapore is only 59 years old le...
Many went through the 1965 are still around hor🤭

Why need to bto why can't they buy resale flats?

(02-09-2024, 04:07 PM)Goldmine Wrote:  Allow below 35 singles to buy HDB flats?. Below 35  Singaporean ⁷and PR are competing with newly married couples to buy new flats.  Building too many 2 room flats will result in over supply in the not too distant future.  New 3 - 4 rooms flat are getting smaller. When these newly married have children they will be looking for bigger flats not 3 rms but 4 rm or 5 rm. 2 rm will be in over supply.

Can PR bto HDB flat?🤔🤔

(02-09-2024, 05:38 PM)Bigiron Wrote:  Can PR bto HDB flat?🤔🤔

Only Singaporeans can

No weapons that forms against me shall prosper
No tongue that rises against me I shall condemn 
☝️
[+] 1 user Likes Lukongsimi's post

(02-09-2024, 05:36 PM)Bigiron Wrote:  Why need to bto why can't they buy resale flats?

Resale flats more expensive

No weapons that forms against me shall prosper
No tongue that rises against me I shall condemn 
☝️
[+] 1 user Likes Lukongsimi's post

(02-09-2024, 03:07 PM)Geneco Wrote:  new citizens and PR roh... Tongue

even found in grassloots nao lololololol... Tongue

Many born in Singapore Singaporeans married PR and new citizens from overseas also buy BTO flats lah! Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes cheekopekman's post

(02-09-2024, 05:36 PM)Bigiron Wrote:  Why need to bto why can't they buy resale flats?

Can tell you are not a Singaporean.

Bto is newly built, most buyers love new home. Same for Condo. 
Plus BTO is highly subsidized and lower in price, which commands a high resale value when sold in the market after the 5-year stay period.

What we Singaporean call the first "pot of gold".

To me, that Desmond is over-rated

Let those above 55 years downgrade to 2 or 3 rooms down

They need the money due to bad job market and give the space to young families

My aunt lives in a private house cannot change to a 3 -Room HDB herself

Force them into 1 - Room is too drastic

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 
[+] 1 user Likes Ola's post

(02-09-2024, 05:55 PM)moonrab Wrote:  Can tell you are not a Singaporean.

Plus BTO is highly subsidized and lower in price, which commands a high resale value when sold in the market after the 5-year stay period.

What make you think so leh?
Any claim to back up your allegations I am not Singaporeans?

(02-09-2024, 05:55 PM)moonrab Wrote:  Can tell you are not a Singaporean.

First pot of gold from selling our shelter?
So after selling where we going to stay ?
Buy resale or BTO or migrate out?
What if there is mortgage loan ?
What middle half way divorced?
What happened if one of them tio poke when still need to service the loan?
How?

Don't forget whether BTO or resale there is EIP

Meta AI: The HDB Ethnic Integration Policy (EIP) is a policy that aims to promote racial harmony and integration in Singapore's public housing estates ¹ ² ³ ⁴ ⁵. It was introduced in 1989 to prevent the formation of racial enclaves in HDB neighborhoods and ensure a balanced mix of ethnic groups in each neighborhood and block ¹ ² ³ ⁴ ⁵.

Here's how it works: *EIP limits* are set for each neighborhood and block, and are based on the ethnic make-up of Singapore ¹ ² ³ ⁴ ⁵. For example, the current SPR quota for non-Malaysian households is 5% and 8% at the neighborhood and block levels, respectively ³.

*Household ethnicity* is determined at the time of purchasing an HDB flat, and is classified under the ethnic group of any owner or spouse ¹ ² ³ ⁵. For mixed-race households, you can choose to classify your household ethnicity under the ethnic group of any owner or spouse ¹ ² ³ ⁵.

*EIP affects* both buyers and sellers, as it restricts the pool of potential buyers and sellers ¹ ² ³ ⁵. For example, if the quota for a certain race is hit, someone of the same race cannot buy a flat in the same block or neighborhood ¹ ² ³ ⁵.

*Checking EIP quotas* can be done via the HDB website or by contacting HDB directly ¹ ². It's essential to check the EIP quotas before buying or selling an HDB flat to ensure that you comply with
[02/09, 6:40 pm] Meta AI: The HDB Ethnic Integration Policy (EIP) is a policy that aims to promote racial harmony and integration in Singapore's public housing estates ¹ ² ³ ⁴ ⁵. It was introduced in 1989 to prevent the formation of racial enclaves in HDB neighborhoods and ensure a balanced mix of ethnic groups in each neighborhood and block ¹ ² ³ ⁴ ⁵.

Here's how it works: *EIP limits* are set for each neighborhood and block, and are based on the ethnic make-up of Singapore ¹ ² ³ ⁴ ⁵. For example, the current SPR quota for non-Malaysian households is 5% and 8% at the neighborhood and block levels, respectively ³.

*Household ethnicity* is determined at the time of purchasing an HDB flat, and is classified under the ethnic group of any owner or spouse ¹ ² ³ ⁵. For mixed-race households, you can choose to classify your household ethnicity under the ethnic group of any owner or spouse ¹ ² ³ ⁵.

*EIP affects* both buyers and sellers, as it restricts the pool of potential buyers
[02/09, 6:40 pm] Meta AI: The HDB Ethnic Integration Policy (EIP) is a policy that aims to promote racial harmony and integration in Singapore's public housing estates ¹ ² ³ ⁴ ⁵. It was introduced in 1989 to prevent the formation of racial enclaves in HDB neighborhoods and ensure a balanced mix of ethnic groups in each neighborhood and block ¹ ² ³ ⁴ ⁵.

*EIP affects* both buyers and sellers, as it restricts the pool of potential buyers and sellers ¹ ² ³ ⁵. For example, if the quota for a certain race is hit, someone of the same race cannot buy a flat in the same block or neighborhood ¹ ² ³ ⁵.

*Checking EIP quotas* can be done via the HDB website or by contacting HDB directly ¹ ². It's essential to check the EIP quotas before buying or selling an HDB flat to ensure that you comply with the policy ¹ ².

(02-09-2024, 03:37 PM)moonrab Wrote:  It was because your queue number at the lower end.
Normally they issue queue numbers more than the available units. Expecting rejection or never show up cases...😊

This don't seem reasonable. Reject ? Can't be. Because when is my turn they claim no need come ALL Units booked. Means those crap
units , lowest floor also got people take. Never show up actually is literally zero or less than 1 percent. If you claim they issues MORE
Queue numbers due to these , than ration is how much? They can purposely give lots of people Q numbers but end up no need come ,
end up HDB earn a lot from ballot fee. Don't see 10 dollars is small figure there. Imaging every time when new BTO is up for ballot. The total
ballot amount been collected is quite a lot.

(02-09-2024, 04:25 PM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  Must be very sad when told no need to cum

That’s why those can afford or with parents’ help, die die must get private condo

Those got rich parents rah. BEST is those couple parents stay in Landed house. The couple ballot the BTO flat got it just throw there empty.
Later rent out or sell high lor since parents landed house is big they got the space also future kids also can stay there. When parents RIP is they take over also.