SIA passenger's stressful biz class experience: 'I was mistaken for someone else'

Ong Su Mann
Posted on 09 November 2022
Submitted by Stomper EK

He was looking forward to a relaxing flight back to Singapore. It turned out to be anything but.

A Singapore Airlines (SIA) business class ticket-holder was downgraded at the airport, then re-upgraded at the boarding gate but asked to pay the price difference in cash.

And all that was even before he boarded the plane, after which he was mistaken for another person and given the wrong meal.

More at: https://stomp.straitstimes.com/singapore...meone-else
[+] 1 user Likes Levin's post

Only because he is not their Angmoh master  Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes CHAOS's post

(10-11-2022, 09:13 AM)Levin Wrote:  Ong Su Mann
Posted on 09 November 2022
Submitted by Stomper EK

He was looking forward to a relaxing flight back to Singapore. It turned out to be anything but.

A Singapore Airlines (SIA) business class ticket-holder was downgraded at the airport, then re-upgraded at the boarding gate but asked to pay the price difference in cash.

And all that was even before he boarded the plane, after which he was mistaken for another person and given the wrong meal.

More at: https://stomp.straitstimes.com/singapore...meone-else

He was booted out likely because his business class is upgraded from an economy class ticket using Krisflyer miles. Such passengers are usually the first to be let go in the event of an overbooking.

Not that this excuses SIA for the screw ups, but to me this is nothing new. In the past year or so, I have acquaintances who paid full business class with SQ gone through sub-par services. IMO unless the flight time is really good, there is no point in paying a premium for SIA be it economy or business class.

SQ service has been subpar since travel restrictions lifted. They have not been replying to messages sent through their website. Phone calls will be onhold for ages. Only way to contact Sq via live chat and wait for your turn.