ST: ChatGPT fails PSLE maths and science, scrapes through English

https://www.straitstimes.com/tech/chatgp...gh-english

It wasn't trained with psle past yr papers
[+] 1 user Likes WhatDoYouThink!'s post

How ChatGPT robs students of motivation to write and think for themselves

https://www.domainofexperts.com/2023/01/...ation.html

what is chatGPT ?

me only know wechat can get ATB friends.

For writing term papers with wishy washy types of ideas, or writing standard code, and answering questions with outdated answers available online are easy tasks.

ChatGPT only does well for questions that can already be found on the web, or you can sian with BS.
[+] 1 user Likes starbugs's post

(20-02-2023, 11:00 AM)K88 shu shu Wrote:  what is chatGPT ?

me only know wechat can get ATB friends.

its artifial intelligence
go to open AI
https://openai.com/blog/chatgpt/
and type something into the box

(20-02-2023, 09:57 AM)theold Wrote:  https://www.straitstimes.com/tech/chatgp...gh-english

This means those English-language-only pple are more likely to  become irrelevant and lose their job if they remain Mono-lingual....

Big Grin

so chatGPT fail in the english...or singlish
cannot be fail english

this prove that our exam papers/the examiners has poor enlish...so much so that the AI could not understand

dont think AI can understand this phrase
'you eat wat har?'...................LOL

Editor's job at stake.

Technology will slowly rob us of our skills.

How many of us here can type in Chinese, ask u to write, ko..

1. I have served the nation in a combat unit for 2.5 + 10 years. I had fulfilled my duty as a citizen, but has the country do it's part for me?
2. I don't know where the threat of CCP is, but I know the threat of CECA is already at my doorsteps
3. I had been called a CCP, JHK, Pinoy, but they never called me a CECA..

(20-02-2023, 12:28 PM)ArielCasper Wrote:  Technology will slowly rob us of our skills.

We are only at the beginning of AI wave.
Many jobs will be replaced by AI robots in the future.
Our future human job is to 走马看花 lah.
With AI wave, we need to have a world govt system.
Hope this will happen on one fine day.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

(20-02-2023, 12:28 PM)ArielCasper Wrote:  Technology will slowly rob us of our skills.

I disagree - Technology is just a tool and while language is more than just a tool for employment.
The later is about your identity and values...The key is your attitude and openness to learn and adapt to reality and change.
That is why our Bilngualim  policy exist in 1965....because regardless of technological progress like ChatGPT, it will NOT replace your identity and values, which is the foundation of any country or society...

双语教育为何是新加坡建国基石 - 《李光耀回忆录》

当新加坡在1965年独立时,许多家长把孩子从华校转送到英校,这是非常危险的情况。如果华族学生全部念英校,只学习单一语言,那他们会失去自己的根,所以我下决心要推行双语政策。如果没有华文、没有双语教学,今天新加坡的华人就会很不一样,会丢了根。 作为华人,你英语说得再好,在西方人眼里,你还是华人。要是你没有华文文化和华语,那是很可悲的。当年我们倘若没有改变制度,推行双语政策,那我们的英校生只学英文,就失去了自己的语言和文化。

and EPIC Public sectors claim going to use it " for email blah blah "

(20-02-2023, 12:47 PM)Manthink Wrote:  I disagree - Technology is just a tool and while language is more than just a tool for employment.
The later is about your identity and values...The key is your attitude and openness to learn and adapt to reality and change.
That is why our Bilngualim  policy exist in 1965....because regardless of technological progress like ChatGPT, it will NOT replace your identity and values, which is the foundation of any country or society...

当新加坡在1965年独立时,许多家长把孩子从华校转送到英校,这是非常危险的情况。如果华族学生全部念英校,只学习单一语言,那他们会失去自己的根,所以我下决心要推行双语政策。如果没有华文、没有双语教学,今天新加坡的华人就会很不一样,会丢了根。 作为华人,你英语说得再好,在西方人眼里,你还是华人。要是你没有华文文化和华语,那是很可悲的。当年我们倘若没有改变制度,推行双语政策,那我们的英校生只学英文,就失去了自己的语言和文化。

是咯,没有根很难大,只能当浮萍

(20-02-2023, 12:47 PM)Manthink Wrote:  I disagree - Technology is just a tool and while language is more than just a tool for employment.

Err.. I am talking about writing skills in Chinese, not language or culture.

1. I have served the nation in a combat unit for 2.5 + 10 years. I had fulfilled my duty as a citizen, but has the country do it's part for me?
2. I don't know where the threat of CCP is, but I know the threat of CECA is already at my doorsteps
3. I had been called a CCP, JHK, Pinoy, but they never called me a CECA..

(20-02-2023, 01:08 PM)ArielCasper Wrote:  Err.. I am talking about writing skills in Chinese, not language or culture.

...which will come true, as in any Human Language that carries more than just words and ideas,  when we allow such basic skills be "sub-contracted" out to Machine.

Instead of simply asking "How many of us here can type in Chinese", we should ponder is Humanity going to lose more of his/her ability just because we have become TOO Reliant, (aka lazy) for our own good ?

(20-02-2023, 01:07 PM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  是咯,没有根很难大,只能当浮萍

语言是活的 ...

假如未来人工智能会像人类一样懂得思考, 表达感情....那么我们也会把机器电脑当真人看待 ?

[Image: d5f0d1e02b3a435bbd1104659a30a0e0.jpeg]

I watched a few demos of ChatGPT and was very impressed with their responses. It definitely can help me in my work especially in areas like writing reports, drafting contracts, and many more. 
However, must vet the response carefully before using. Anything that depends on input must be careful because if someone fed it with garbage, the response would be garbage too... Big Grin

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung

(20-02-2023, 02:29 PM)Manthink Wrote:  

语言是活的 ...

假如未来人工智能会像人类一样懂得思考, 表达感情....那么我们也会把机器电脑当真人看待 ?

[Image: d5f0d1e02b3a435bbd1104659a30a0e0.jpeg]

机器只能复制你教它的东西,思考创新是不能复制的,只有万物之灵才能做到

(20-02-2023, 02:39 PM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  机器只能复制你教它的东西,思考创新是不能复制的,只有万物之灵才能做到

You never heard of Lamda.

https://youtu.be/1rmPnO1eqL4

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

Bet it can't solve the ivan and helen problem which left man sinkie kids crying

https://www.domainofexperts.com/2021/10/...-left.html