Serious topic: Any recommendation of a reliable and trustworthy funeral service?

(07-01-2023, 08:26 PM)Bluebull Wrote:  Read carefully la
My mother christian funeral is OVER
Now I looking for a Buddhist funeral service for my father in law

a true Buddhist will not want a funeral wake even..............a true Buddhist should know.............there's no one dying or not dying...............

that's why i told my family if i mati...................right away go cremate and dump my ashes in the nearest toilet bowl..............
[+] 1 user Likes Napoleon Porlumpar's post

(07-01-2023, 09:28 PM)K88 shu shu Wrote:  died how to get the money ?

the person who he nominated will get the money after CPF clarified all the documents.

CPF should have this service. Anyone alive with enough CPF can opt to have their funeral services paid fully or partially with members of the family paying the rest.

Death may come suddenly and unexpectedly and some time family members might not have enough to pay.

Attended a Buddhist one by Harmony. Pretty professional and organized. Didn't catered for food but bgt own snacks. Actually not many ppl turned up so no food wastage. Suggest to get someone to fry a pot of beehoon and put in rice cooker and a airport for hot drinks

Can try elite funeral services

https://www.bannedsite.com/elite-funeral-services

(07-01-2023, 08:56 PM)K88 shu shu Wrote:  yes many cases of thos bastard service provider chop carrot head cos family members are to stress to make decisions.
Angry Angry Angry

Wonder if this is reliable?
Any comment?

https://unioncasket.com/our-services/per...gJXfPD_BwE

Tampines & West Coast GRCs are there for the taking 

(07-01-2023, 06:41 PM)Huliwang Wrote:  How much would it cost if ask funeral company to arrange direct from mortuary to crematorium without 3 days or five days wake where make-up, coffin, transport, sai-gong, angmo band inclusive? I am asking for myself when I go. ..... Thinking

Perhaps Spore has something similar to this Shandong post-death arrangement, where one can donate his/her body for medical use.
Cremation will be carried out by the hospital subsequently and the ashes will be buried using tree burial.
Everything FOC.

Donation process:
盛泉老人捐献遗体眼角膜第一人入住岚山盛泉养老公寓老知青廖鹏程
[Image: Screenshot-from-2023-05-12-20-50-16.png]

"Tomb sweeping" this year at the tree burial site:

i did my dad's
just note these:
advertisements
foods
coffin & deco

its all up to u how fanciful u want
most parlours can do all that

Hi there. Totally get what you're saying about finding a reliable and trustworthy funeral service. It's definitely important to be careful, especially with hidden costs. I haven't personally dealt with this, but I've heard good things about monuments for green hill memorial gardens. Hopefully, others on this forum can share their experiences too. Let me know how you're doing.

(07-01-2023, 05:23 PM)Bluebull Wrote:  My father-in-law is very sick
Doctors told us to be prepared 
So my sisters in law are asking each one of us to check on funeral services
I read of many funeral parlours have hidden costs
And will not tell you until the end of the services
$20,000 can become $200,000.
Often we heard of stories of rip offs
And unscrupulous funeral parlours 
So, do anyone has any experience to provide a reputable one?
Many thanks
Sorry to hear that bro, maybe can consider them?

[Image: CDWfTtY.png]

https://tinyurl.com/yvajkwet

I totally get your concerns about finding a reliable funeral service. It can be super overwhelming, especially with all those sneaky extra costs some places hit you with. I haven't personally dealt with funeral services, but I've heard good things about VancouverGranit. I don't know if they organize funerals, but they can help you with picking nice footstones for graves. Hope this still helps.

(07-01-2023, 05:23 PM)Bluebull Wrote:  My father-in-law is very sick
Doctors told us to be prepared 
So my sisters in law are asking each one of us to check on funeral services
I read of many funeral parlours have hidden costs
And will not tell you until the end of the services
$20,000 can become $200,000.
Often we heard of stories of rip offs
And unscrupulous funeral parlours 
So, do anyone has any experience to provide a reputable one?
Many thanks

Singapore Casket at Lavender Street lah! Smile

(07-01-2023, 06:41 PM)Huliwang Wrote:  How much would it cost if ask funeral company to arrange direct from mortuary to crematorium without 3 days or five days wake where make-up, coffin, transport, sai-gong, angmo band inclusive? I am asking for myself when I go. ..... Thinking

In that case, you don't have to pay.  

Rotfl

(07-01-2023, 09:47 PM)Napoleon Porlumpar Wrote:  a true Buddhist will not want a funeral wake even..............a true Buddhist should know.............there's no one dying or not dying...............

that's why i told my family if i mati...................right away go cremate and dump my ashes in the nearest toilet bowl..............

So, you are a true Buddihist.