Shocker : WP Pitram votes against suspending Iswaran.....

The reason he given is :

future government might 'fix' opposition MPs the same way if precedent set: Pritam Singh

Fearing somebody else will abuse their power by fixing you is not a good reason for you not to do what you think is right....

https://mothership.sg/2023/09/wp-suspend...-disagree/

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
[+] 1 user Likes sgbuffett's post

He knows better than others to do this.

Cos pinky is very revenge..fool

Laughing

(22-09-2023, 02:30 PM)Gstalk Wrote:  He knows better than others to do this.

Cos pinky is very revenge..fool

u r right.... smiling tiger...

Smile

He knows who to side lah

No weapons that forms against me shall prosper
No tongue that rises against me I shall condemn 
☝️

This singh got high pay by PAP so now siding with them,,,i will not vote for them.

jiat liao bee opp... I think PAP is arrogant but at least still can can .. better than this opp which will ruin the country faster than LW..

PSP got no voting right in Parliament. Because they never win any seat at all.

2025 GE, if they only fight for PAP constituent seat. The odds to win is tough.

SK is a weak GRC constituent for incumbent WP MP. Although they won previously, that doesn't mean it is 100% winner for WP.
Even in Aljunied, the Opposition Chinese voters maybe fed up with Pritam's showing. 

PSP should fields their heavy weight in SK. LMW...
Let the Opposition voters have another choice for Opposition party.!

Good chance to break into parliament.
[+] 1 user Likes moonrab's post

He is just being pragmatic. The AHTC issue is still hanging over WP. Besides, the report on Iswaran will be out soon and he looks like a goner anyway.
[+] 1 user Likes starbugs's post

Going forward, WP is no longer the right Opposotuon Party to vote for. WP shd change the Secretary General as Pritam Singh no longer feasible to be one, PSP and SDP wil made a better Opposition Parties. I hope PSP wil contest for Tanjong Pagar in next GE.
[+] 1 user Likes Gemstar's post

Self interest at it's best....
All same.

becos he is still under investigation
if he vote iswaran no salary
he also kena himself

(22-09-2023, 02:27 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  The reason he given is :

future government might 'fix' opposition MPs the same way if precedent set: Pritam Singh

Fearing somebody else will abuse their power by fixing you is not a good reason for you not to do what you think is right....

yes vote this joker is a waste of our time,, he has become a PAP dog..

i think vote PSP next.. kick out WP..
[+] 2 users Like victortan's post

PSP should attack those constituents which PAP is weak. Won below 10% margin.

I suspect many voters longing for a strong opposition party that is vocal and fight for all Singaporean. Not only for the minority. 

In the past, we have only LTK to look up to. CST old and back stabbed by someone.

Now TCB and LWM are very strong and fighting for Singaporean worker. Against CECA. 
THEY can be the next LTK opposition figure whom we looking forward to.

Should come out strong, give all constituent voters a chance to vote for PSP. 
And not WP or some weakling opposition leaders only kpkb and cursed Singaporean voters, when they lose.
[+] 1 user Likes moonrab's post

if Pitam voted for PSP motion, it means PAP can also suspend 3 WP MPs who are under investigation.
that is why Pitam cannot support PSP motion.

under current law, to suspend MP pay, you must suspend the MP.
but you cannot suspend MP if he is not proven to be guilty.

PSP must put up another motion to stop MP pay when he is not doing MP duty and without suspending the MP.

from the start, PSP made this serious mistake without understanding the parliament law.
[+] 2 users Like forum456's post

(22-09-2023, 02:53 PM)victortan Wrote:  yes vote this joker is a waste of our time,, he has become a PAP dog..

i think vote PSP next.. kick out WP..

PSP stands for... Protest Something Party?

You have TCB who seems very inactive. He registered this party after he failed to get elected and couldn't stand again for PE.

You have LHY who also seems very inactive. He didn't even contest. Maybe he donated money to the party. His unhappiness seems more personal than national. He wrote a lot about his brother but very little about PAP's policies, where they are not good?

It was Lmw who spoke a lot but many a times got his facts wrong and kena hantum.

Latest is Hazel Poa. She also got her facts wrong, didn't know the rules of Parliament and shot her mouth off. It surprised me because she was supposed to have TCB advising her but apparently...

Observer = KILLjoy = starbugstk = Dan = lvlrsSTI = OWNER.
Trying so hard to find my Archilles Point wor. Hehe Love

(22-09-2023, 03:05 PM)forum456 Wrote:  if Pitam voted for PSP motion, it means PAP can also suspend 3 WP MPs who are under investigation.
that is why Pitam cannot support PSP motion.

under current law, to suspend MP pay, you must suspend the MP.
but you cannot suspend MP if he is not proven to be guilty.

PSP must put up another motion to stop MP pay when he is not doing MP duty and without suspending the MP.

from the start, PSP made this serious mistake without understanding the parliament law.

Spot on.  Clapping

Recently a bugger kept arguing with me here and it was so obvious that he also didn't know the stuff you just wrote above.

Observer = KILLjoy = starbugstk = Dan = lvlrsSTI = OWNER.
Trying so hard to find my Archilles Point wor. Hehe Love

(22-09-2023, 03:10 PM)Oyk Wrote:  PSP stands for... Protest Something Party?

You have TCB who seems very inactive. He registered this party after he failed to get elected and couldn't stand again for PE.

You have LHY who also seems very inactive. He didn't even contest. Maybe he donated money to the party. His unhappiness seems more personal than national. He wrote a lot about his brother but very little about PAPConfused policies, where they are not good?

It was Lmw who spoke a lot but many a times got his facts wrong and kena hamtum.

Latest is Hazel Poa. She also got her facts wrong, didn't know the rules of Parliament and shot her mouth off. It surprised me because she was supposed to have TCB advising her but apparently...
PSP is Progress  Singapore Party 
TCB is old 81 recently he said he was sick maybe needs rest

☝️

it is not easy to go against PAP in parliament.
because PAP knows the rules inside out and also has all the ministry data inside out.

for the rules, opposition will need time to find out before attacking PAP.
for data, opposition will lose out but oppositon can self collect data to lure more data from PAP.
PAP will not share data unless PAP is forced to.

from past performance, PSP is not capable to do it.
WP does not want to do it.

we need SDP to be in parliament !

in the past, there is no competition, you cannot see how good is WP.

with PSP, you can see that WP is always playing self-defence or self-survival.
WP will never attack PAP.

PSP is playing the attacking team but PSP is lacking the attacking calibre.
because PSP is always surprised or overruled by PAP counter attack.

we need more opposition parties in parliament to improve the competition.
SDP will be a good addition to raise the level of competition.

He's scared of PAP lah! Big Grin
[+] 2 users Like cheekopekman's post

(22-09-2023, 03:14 PM)Lukongsimi Wrote:  PSP is Progress  Singapore Party 
TCB is old 81 recently he said he was sick maybe needs rest

Oh really. He looks young to me...
Too bad.
[+] 2 users Like moonrab's post

(22-09-2023, 03:33 PM)cheekopekman Wrote:  He's scared of PAP lah! Big Grin

Ltk is braver. 😊

☝️
[+] 2 users Like Lukongsimi's post

(22-09-2023, 02:51 PM)singaporean1964 Wrote:  becos he is still under investigation
if he vote iswaran no salary
he also kena himself

But he is still doing his constituency work so it's a different story. Iswaran is totally suspended from doing any work.

Good move by Pritam.

(22-09-2023, 04:04 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  But he is still doing his constituency work so it's a different story. Iswaran is totally suspended from doing any work.

but the parliament rule says that only way to suspend MP pay is to suspend the MP regardless the MP is doing any work.
read the above article.

PSP has to raise another motion to change the rule.

(22-09-2023, 04:16 PM)forum456 Wrote:  but the parliament rule says that only way to suspend MP pay is to suspend the MP regardless the MP is doing any work.
read the above article.

PSP has to raise another motion to change the rule.

There is no such rule. Everything is said by the govt.

(22-09-2023, 04:22 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  There is no such rule. Everything is said by the govt.

since you cannot read.
Indranee cannot lie in parliament.

below are the quotes :

In response, Indranee said there is currently no provision in the Parliament (Privileges, Immunities and Powers) Act (PPIPA) to suspend allowance.

In addressing the "difficulty" in Singh's position, she said, "It's a binary position. If the person is a sitting MP, he receives the full allowance. If the member is suspended, then he doesn't get any allowance. So the law does not provide for anything in between."

i knew this sing is a useless bugger. vote not bcoz of righteous reasons but bcoz of future fear. PSP better.

(22-09-2023, 03:17 PM)forum456 Wrote:  it is not easy to go against PAP in parliament.
because PAP knows the rules inside out and also has all the ministry data inside out.

for the rules, opposition will need time to find out before attacking PAP.
for data, opposition will lose out but oppositon can self collect data to lure more data from PAP.
PAP will not share data unless PAP is forced to.

from past performance, PSP is not capable to do it.
WP does not want to do it.

we need SDP to be in parliament !
With the combined forces of PSP and SDP, they shd garners well in parliament. WP under Pritam Singh, no longer speaks up our people voices anymore. What Pritam Singh always bring up in parliament are those irreverent issues not concerning bread and butter of Singaporeans. At least Jamus Lim brought more concerning issues for Singaporeans. Is a waste that Jamus Lim joins the wrong party. Shd hv joined PSP.

(22-09-2023, 04:44 PM)Gemstar Wrote:  With the combined forces of PSP and SDP, they shd garners well in parliament. WP under Pritam Singh, no longer speaks up our people voices anymore. What Pritam Singh always bring up in parliament are those irreverent issues not concerning bread and butter of Singaporeans.

you are genius !

(22-09-2023, 04:25 PM)forum456 Wrote:  since you cannot read.
Indranee cannot lie in parliament.

below are the quotes :

In response, Indranee said there is currently no provision in the Parliament (Privileges, Immunities and Powers) Act (PPIPA) to suspend allowance.

In addressing the "difficulty" in Singh's position, she said, "It's a binary position. If the person is a sitting MP, he receives the full allowance. If the member is suspended, then he doesn't get any allowance. So the law does not provide for anything in between."

It's not that I cannot read but I understand it another way. I didn't say Indranee lie. All she said is there is no provision to suspend allowance. In other words, there are no rules on this. It's all decided by the PM.