Sim Wong Hoo Obituary listed 10 brothers/sisters...4 passed away

(06-01-2023, 12:27 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  Saw the sister side got one Malay
Means sim parents adopt her during kampong days which is quite common Those days.

IF THIS ADOPTED MALAY SISTER WAS NOT DONE LEGALLY THEN CANT SHARE THE WEALTH
SO ONLY 5 REMAINS
HOWEVER IF HE MENTIONED IN THE WILL THEN SHE WILL GET

N EVEN NO WILL THE 5 OF THEM STILL CAN DISTRIBUTE AS 6 SHARES
[+] 1 user Likes talky's post

(06-01-2023, 05:34 PM)talky Wrote:  IF THIS ADOPTED MALAY SISTER WAS NOT DONE LEGALLY THEN CANT SHARE THE WEALTH
SO ONLY 5 REMAINS

Ii all depends on whether Sim had  made a Living Will.......... Clapping

(06-01-2023, 04:53 PM)wendychan Wrote:  how come there is a sister with malay name?

either adopted or married to malay

(06-01-2023, 06:30 PM)drgn Wrote:  either adopted or married to malay

That explains everything............. Clapping

(06-01-2023, 06:30 PM)drgn Wrote:  either adopted or married to malay

Very unlikely adopted cos he got so many siblings already, why need to adopt a girl some more to a poor family?

More like given away to a malay family cos of too many girls and later reunited into the SIM family.

More like this

Laughing
[+] 2 users Like Gstalk's post

(06-01-2023, 11:28 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  He had 3 brothers and 2 already passed away.

[Image: AU9LBl3.jpg]

His brothers' children would all have the surname of Sim.  His sisters' children would have the surnames of their husbands.

So, we should expect to see these surnames among his nephews and nieces:-

1.  Sim
2.  Ong
3.  Chee
4.  Chew
5.  Low

Now let's go down one generation.  How did these surnames come about?  Whose children are they?

1.  Tay
2.  Lim
3.  Li
4.  Xu

A lot had been written about the Malay names but no one asked about those Chinese surnames.  Do not tell me that SWH's family background is full of adoptions.

Aiya yr ah gong's grandsons with surname li all adopted?

(08-01-2023, 01:30 PM)Oyk Wrote:  His brothers' children would all have the surname of Sim.  His sisters' children would have the surnames of their husbands.

So, we should expect to see these surnames among his nephews and nieces:-

1.  Sim
2.  Ong
3.  Chee
4.  Chew
5.  Low

Now let's go down one generation.  How did these surnames come about?  Whose children are they?

1.  Tay
2.  Lim
3.  Li
4.  Xu

A lot had been written about the Malay names but no one asked about those Chinese surnames.  Do not tell me that SWH's family background is full of adoptions.

Let me just give one example:  The nephew going by the name of Tay Chee Woon.

He could not be the child of one of SWH's brothers who would be a Mr Sim.  So we look at his sisters, did any of them marry a Mr Tay?  No, none did.  So who is this Tay Chee Woon?

each sibling 100 $million !
the nephew and nieces need not work anymore

(08-01-2023, 01:41 PM)limpeh394 Wrote:  each sibling 100 $million !

If he did not write a Will, then the law of intestacy kicks in, and it's overnight riches for them lor.

They became multimillionaires, better than striking the CNY TOTO, because they happened to have the same father and mother as SWH.  That's life.  Money comes to you if it is meant to be yours.

Why Oyk discussing with himself about Sim Wong Hoo’s siblings?
[+] 1 user Likes kelhot2001's post

(08-01-2023, 01:45 PM)Oyk Wrote:  If he did not write a Will, then the law of intestacy kicks in, and it's overnight riches for them lor.

They became multimillionaires, better than striking the CNY TOTO, because they happened to have the same father and mother as SWH.  That's life.  Money comes to you if it is meant to be yours.

I can identify with your narrative.......... Clapping
[+] 2 users Like debono's post

(08-01-2023, 01:39 PM)Oyk Wrote:  Let me just give one example:  The nephew going by the name of Tay Chee Woon.

He could not be the child of one of SWH's brothers who would a Mr Sim.  So we look at his sisters, did any of them marry a Mr Tay?  No, none did.  So who is this Tay Chee Woon?

@ SgBuffet

Can you give us the source?  Where did you get this "Obituary" which you used to start this thread?

(08-01-2023, 01:39 PM)Oyk Wrote:  Let me just give one example:  The nephew going by the name of Tay Chee Woon.

He could not be the child of one of SWH's brothers who would a Mr Sim.  So we look at his sisters, did any of them marry a Mr Tay?  No, none did.  So who is this Tay Chee Woon?
most likely distant nephew/niece, maybe parents siblings kids' kids
if u super rich, your who, who and who also cum claim is your niece and nephew

Too long never purge will shorten the life.this is a god gift. Use wisely

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sim_Wong_Hoo

Personal life
Sim had given contrarian advice to budding entrepreneurs, which is to not get married.[28] He explained that when one gets married and has family, he or she would have family commitments and be less able to take risks.[28] He added that being a bachelor allowed him to take more risks, which resulted in extraordinary results for him.[28]

Sim died on 4 January 2023 at the age of 67.[29][30]

(08-01-2023, 02:21 PM)toothpick Wrote:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sim_Wong_Hoo

Personal life
Sim had given contrarian advice to budding entrepreneurs, which is to not get married.[28] He explained that when one gets married and has family, he or she would have family commitments and be less able to take risks.[28] He added that being a bachelor allowed him to take more risks, which resulted in extraordinary results for him.[28]

Sim died on 4 January 2023 at the age of 67.[29][30]

That I agree just like when Buddha want to attain Nirvana he need to cut off all emotion and ties so he can go forth and chase after what he believe in and he did it and lay the path for others to follow him. Sadly his path is not an easy path to tread although there are many others that is on the way to attain Nirvana

Why no wife n children name?

why they have a malay woman as a sister

his father is chy tiam...in hokkien means the wood chopping board..LOL

gone too soon
https://youtu.be/MId7TrChkHA

There is a Tay and a Lim surname there. Maybe divorced husbands of his sisters? Children still follow fathers surnames but fathers kena booted out liao.
[+] 1 user Likes RichDad's post

spmeone will inherit his LEXUS

(08-01-2023, 08:52 PM)RichDad Wrote:  There is a Tay and a Lim surname there. Maybe divorced husbands of his sisters? Children still follow fathers surnames but fathers kena booted out liao.

There are also a Xu and Li in addition to the above.  That makes 4 altogether.

Since he had only 3 sisters with no husband listed there, so even if they were divorced, we would expect to see 3 ex-husbands' surnames.  But there were 4.

I am waiting for SgBuffet, who is hiding, to provide his source so we can know if this "Obituary" was put up by SWH's loved ones.

(06-01-2023, 12:32 PM)kelhot2001 Wrote:  Could be a Tiong website.

Could yr mother website too

Smile

(09-01-2023, 10:11 AM)Oyk Wrote:  There are also a Xu and Li in addition to the above.  That makes 4 altogether.

Since he had only 3 sisters with no husband listed there, so even if they were divorced, we would expect to see 3 ex-husbands' surnames.  But there were 4.

I am waiting for SgBuffet, who is hiding, to provide his source so we can know if this "Obituary" was put up by SWH's loved ones.

The source is Straits Times.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(09-01-2023, 10:19 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  The source is Straits Times.

Thank you.  It took you so long but better late than never. Smile

(06-01-2023, 05:34 PM)talky Wrote:  IF THIS ADOPTED MALAY SISTER WAS NOT DONE LEGALLY THEN CANT SHARE THE WEALTH
SO ONLY 5 REMAINS

You sound adopted too.

old generation with many kids are normal.