Singapore : 50% vaccinated 200k seniors not vaccinated.

[Image: GWOfdwF.jpg]

HALF the population in Singapore have received both doses of the Covid-19 vaccines as of July 19, but there are still 200,000 seniors who have yet to take the jab, Health Minister Ong Ye Kung said on Tuesday.

Speaking at a virtual press conference, Mr Ong, who co-chairs Singapore's multi-ministry Covid-19 taskforce, said unvaccinated seniors, who are above 60, have a high likelihood of falling critically ill once infected.

"Let's say 10 per cent of them get infected, that's 20,000 (who will) be in hospital. Among them, 10 to 15 per cent - that's 2,000 to 3,000 - will end up in the ICU (intensive care unit). It's a huge, huge number," said Mr Ong.

Noting that Singapore's hospital capacity must be protected, he said: "Once that is under pressure or overwhelmed, it will be a disaster, and many people and patients will be affected."

The Health Ministry said in a press release that it is deploying mobile vaccination teams to estates where there are more unvaccinated seniors, and seniors can also walk into any vaccination centre for their first appointment.

Meanwhile, Singapore is on track to reach its target of having two-thirds of its population vaccinated by National Day, with about 80,000 shots administered daily, said Mr Ong.

https://www.businesstimes.com.sg/governm...ke-the-jab

[Image: tenor.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes lvlrsSTI's post

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=10518633]
[+] 1 user Likes lvlrsSTI's post

[Image: 69955223dcc406ff9509d548a5fd48a3.gif]

If 200,000 go for the jab, let say 0.5% die due to heart attack after vaccination.
0.5% is about 1000 seniors will die.

You cannot claim $250K because it is not vaccine related.
If you are senior, will you take the risk to jab ?

Most seniors have existing health problems.
Those with heart problem will never go for the jab.

Unless the govt can guarantee compensation if the senior die after the jab regardless if it is vaccine related.

It does not make sense for senior to go for the jab since many are prepared to die anytime due to illness.
[+] 2 users Like forum456's post

Smart seniors go for Sinovac

(20-07-2021, 08:10 PM)forum456 Wrote:  If 200,000 go for the jab, let say 0.5% die due to heart attack after vaccination.

Unless the govt can guarantee compensation if the senior die after the jab regardless if it is vaccine related.

It does not make sense for senior to go for the jab since many are prepared to die anytime due to illness.

I talked to one senior.
His fear is understandable.

He can expect himself to die slowly due to illness or old age.
But he cannot expect himself to die suddenly after the jab.
Worst still, he cannot claim any compensation for his family.
[+] 1 user Likes forum456's post

This vaccination problem can be solved by money but PAP govt refuses to use money to solve.

If PAP govt can guarantee $250K to any senior who dies due to heart attack within 14 days after vaccination, 
there will be long queue tomorrow.
[+] 1 user Likes forum456's post

This 200k is the choice of the elderly. Why force them?

Why let the rest of the people or economies make them look like villains who refused to comply.
[+] 1 user Likes toothpick's post

(20-07-2021, 08:43 PM)toothpick Wrote:  This 200k is the choice of the elderly. Why force them?

Why let the rest of the people or economies make them look like villains who refused to comply.

if don't force them, PAP cannot open the travel bubbles.

(20-07-2021, 08:43 PM)toothpick Wrote:  This 200k is the choice of the elderly. Why force them?

OYK explained. In an outbreak, these folks will take up 2000-3000 ICU beds. Singapore only has 1,000 ICU beds for Covid. This could deprive other people who need them for other medical emergencies.

(20-07-2021, 09:06 PM)starbugs Wrote:  

OYK explained. In an outbreak, these folks will take up 2000-3000 ICU beds. Singapore only has 1,000 ICU beds for Covid.

PAP can pay money to increase the ICU beds to 3000.
Locally, PAP can solve ICU beds.
China can build temp hospitals within days or weeks.

Opening travel bubbles is difficult because other countries like HK will reject if local infection is still high.

(20-07-2021, 08:15 PM)forum456 Wrote:  
(20-07-2021, 08:10 PM)forum456 Wrote:  If 200,000 go for the jab, let say 0.5% die due to heart attack after vaccination.

I talked to one senior.
His fear is understandable.

He can expect himself to die slowly due to illness or old age.
But he cannot expect himself to die suddenly after the jab.
Worst still, he cannot claim any compensation for his family.

When tiger is in front of your face, he worry about the wolf in the future.
He expect .... EXPECT to die of old age .... provide India varaint dun give him black fungus and die of slow and painful death
He get infected and pass it to his grandchildren and make them suffer.

KTV妹妹说,香港人无义,台湾人无情,新加坂人无智 Big Grin

These old iron teeth .... die also no one care, just down "hai" others because of their selfishness ..... karma will fall onto them lah

(20-07-2021, 09:05 PM)forum456 Wrote:  

if don't force them, PAP cannot open the travel bubbles.

Forced them. There will be a swing in votes in next GE. Threats and Force must not be enforced.  
1981by-election Anson loss, 1984 GE votes swing,  Aljunied GRC loss - these are lessons not to be forgotten.

(20-07-2021, 09:11 PM)forum456 Wrote:  
(20-07-2021, 09:06 PM)starbugs Wrote:  OYK explained. In an outbreak, these folks will take up 2000-3000 ICU beds. Singapore only has 1,000 ICU beds for Covid.

Opening travel bubbles is difficult because other countries like HK will reject if local infection is still high.

Yes, Ong is just playing the fear card. SG has the resources to ramp up ICU units but it will cost $$. 

Out of 200k, I am very sure at least 20% will go for Sinovac.  Plus some pushed towards  P &M, in the ned maybe 100k max unvaccinated or thereabouts. Many of these elderlies stay at home so chances of kena is very very low.  Can't be more than 0.5% even.  If suay suay more than 1k, then ramp up ICU units or temporary ICU.

The easiest way is to persuade all oldies to get poked but many will die.
[+] 1 user Likes RichDad's post

I do not agree that it is not vaccine related. He took the vaccine jab. Then he got the heart attack and died. If he had not taken the vaccine jab he wld still be alive. The vaccine triggered the heart attack. It is vaccine related. The vaccine causes a negative reaction to his body that trigger the heart attack.

(21-07-2021, 12:54 AM)Goldmine Wrote:  

I do not agree that it is not vaccine related. He took the vaccine jab. Then he got the heart attack and died. If he had not taken the vaccine jab he wld still be alive. The vaccine triggered the heart attack. It is vaccine related. The vaccine causes a negative reaction to his body that trigger the heart attack.

Yeah, one hong kan but many took the jab and were saved from India variant. Easy example, my peer in JKT .... family of 7 took the jab and they lived thru the infection. Mine is from the horses mouth while yours ..... social media 

Me just past 50 and my friends, my parents 80s .... all jabbed .... all alive and kicking at the same time protect from serious illness if infected. So far, almost all my friends relative, friends, colleagues, peers ..... jabbed .. non I know went into any serious complication. If there is, you are asked to check into A&E.

SGtalk .... many jabbed ... anyone POST complications?

Across the causeway ... they fight for a jabbed. In Taiwan, they beg for a jab .... in SG ... easily get one ..... .
If you dare not ...... fine .... don't scare others ...

(21-07-2021, 01:03 AM)Tangsen Wrote:  
(21-07-2021, 12:54 AM)Goldmine Wrote:  I do not agree that it is not vaccine related. He took the vaccine jab. Then he got the heart attack and died. If he had not taken the vaccine jab he wld still be alive. The vaccine triggered the heart attack. It is vaccine related. The vaccine causes a negative reaction to his body that trigger the heart attack.

Yeah, one hong kan but many took the jab and were saved from India variant. Easy example, my peer in JKT .... family of 7 took the jab and they lived thru the infection. Mine is from the horses mouth while yours ..... social media 

Me just past 50 and my friends, my parents 80s .... all jabbed .... all alive and kicking at the same time protect from serious illness if infected. So far, almost all my friends relative, friends, colleagues, peers ..... jabbed .. non I know went into any serious complication. If there is, you are asked to check into A&E.

Across the causeway ... they fight for a jabbed. In Taiwan, they beg for a jab .... in SG ... easily get one ..... .

Me no intention to scare others. 

Good that all went well for you, your parents and friends. All of u must be healthy and no underlying illness, hence no complications.

But, for those elderly with health illness, they risk getting severed side effect and possibly death. Their body may not be strong enough withstand the pain and complication that comes with the vaccine.  People with heart problem are more at risk of the vaccine triggering another heart attack which may be fatal. Hence, it is my opinion that people with heart problem should not be jab.
[+] 1 user Likes Goldmine's post

The news are that for those taking mRNA vaccines, they(the old and young) are drinking coconut water before vaccinations.

(20-07-2021, 09:11 PM)forum456 Wrote:  
(20-07-2021, 09:06 PM)starbugs Wrote:  OYK explained. In an outbreak, these folks will take up 2000-3000 ICU beds. Singapore only has 1,000 ICU beds for Covid.

ICU beds not buy from Ikea you know? They are not even the regular beds in a hospital. ICU doctors and nurses also the highly trained type.

i guess singapore shd just do a uk. if the seniors got it and die, so be it.

It is not mandatory, why gov kpkb?

疫苗可以不打, 手枪一定要打!
疫苗可以不注射, 精子一定要远射!

More than half infected are fully vaxxed. So these breakthrough spreaders are entitled to a hospital bed ?

Travel bubble is a one sided wishful thinking.

Most fishery port workers and those dealing with transportation were previously vaccinated.

(21-07-2021, 01:29 AM)Goldmine Wrote:  
(21-07-2021, 01:03 AM)Tangsen Wrote:  Yeah, one hong kan but many took the jab and were saved from India variant. Easy example, my peer in JKT .... family of 7 took the jab and they lived thru the infection. Mine is from the horses mouth while yours ..... social media 

Me no intention to scare others. 

Good that all went well for you, your parents and friends. All of u must be healthy and no underlying illness, hence no complications.

But, for those elderly with health illness, they risk getting severed side effect and possibly death. Their body may not be strong enough withstand the pain and complication that comes with the vaccine.  People with heart problem are more at risk of the vaccine triggering another heart attack which may be fatal. Hence, it is my opinion that people with heart problem should not be jab.

I am on hypertension and cholesterol medication. My aunty last year had a minor stroke, my father had a by-pass before and a friend 2 years back just recovered from blood clot and is still on blood-thinning medication .... are these serious underlining medical illnesses?

We all are prepared after jabbed anything wrong run to A&E ... if kenna covid also A&E. Guess the choice is yours.

Dark truth about why they wanna target the elderly for jabbed.

If the elderly kenna sure ICU and survival rate is very low, secondly so old recovered sure plenty of further medication needed.

Imagine 40,000 in total kenna India variant fall ill, 50% seriously ill and 10% need ICU .... it may collapse our medical system and cost the gov millions trying save an economically unproductive segment of society.

Hard truth by its a matter of survival, very dark one

[+] 1 user Likes Tangsen's post

(21-07-2021, 04:52 PM)Tangsen Wrote:  Dark truth about why they wanna target the elderly for jabbed.

If the elderly kenna sure ICU and survival rate is very low, secondly so old recovered sure plenty of further medication needed.

Imagine 40,000 in total kenna India variant fall ill,  50% seriously ill and 10% need ICU .... it may collapse our medical system and cost the gov millions trying save an economically unproductive segment of society.

True.  Like I said before.... the benefits outweigh the risks ... for the gahmen. 

But for the individual, it is still a very personal choice.

(21-07-2021, 04:52 PM)Tangsen Wrote:  Dark truth about why they wanna target the elderly for jabbed.

Imagine 40,000 in total kenna India variant fall ill,  50% seriously ill and 10% need ICU .... it may collapse our medical system and cost the gov millions trying save an economically unproductive segment of society.

Your KTV 妹妹 did not say correctly.
香港人无情、台湾人无耻、新加坡人无知,大陆人无良。

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"