Singapore's population shrinks 4.1% to 5.45 million

no need new property cooling measures now. population decrease will lead to lower demand.
[+] 2 users Like mikotan's post

if we really 6.9 now. we are doom . hope this covid shake up the idea in them. we cannot affords high population. imagine how many will suffer where their is no job, high cost living and covid around for long time. already two year, still no improved, if foreigner can go back they diffinitely will, why stuck here and be like us one day. if we can welcome you we can also welcome others, but we local will be left with high cost and stress with us.
[+] 2 users Like jus4lucky's post

Get rid of more unless leeching low life scum PRs lah ... only those with $5m permanent in SG bank then can apply for PRs or talents that earns $25k/mth then can be PR and those served NS can apply for PR. For girls, serve NS as nurse than can be PR

KTV妹妹说,香港人无义,台湾人无情,新加坂人无智 Big Grin
[+] 2 users Like Tangsen's post

(28-09-2021, 08:56 PM)debono Wrote:  The MIW wants a pop. of 6.9 million, but deep in their hearts they want 10 million..

Fat Hope.
Covid lesson still never learn. 
Still insist 6.9 or even 10 is foolish.
老天爷正在惩罚人类。
我们的地球已经生病了。。。
在老天爷的面前,我们只能顺天应。

We are just a passerby on Earth, we will leave this place one day. We shd never destroy the Earth due to our own selfishness. We need to protect our future generation.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"
[+] 2 users Like RiseofAsia's post

Sg should target 3million. Everyone at Mrt n bus got seat.

(28-09-2021, 11:25 PM)Sharexchange Wrote:  Sg should target 3million. Everyone at Mrt n bus got seat.

I think 3.8 or 4.8 is best ...... HUAT HAR .....

(28-09-2021, 07:28 PM)mikotan Wrote:  bad planning. aim for 10M population without thinking if pandemic hit us like covid

White paper still on?

(28-09-2021, 06:48 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  Blush
I happy to be ForeverAlone.

Are you the orignal ForeverAlone.?

pap target 10 m but GOD TEACHES THEM A PAINFUL LESSON TO WAKE UP 
they calculate left right centre up and down for few yrs to reach 10m but still God got eye to see to stop.
this covid is really a blessings in disguises to local true sillyporeans
[+] 2 users Like talky's post

(28-09-2021, 05:25 PM)p1acebo Wrote:  Decimated thru covid Laughing

Not only that , I think the young and upward mobile young people give up their citizenship and migrate to greener pasture. The living situation in this red dot getting from bad to worse. crying

tomorrow will be a better day
[+] 2 users Like surfer's post

(29-09-2021, 08:47 AM)talky Wrote:  pap target 10 m but GOD TEACHES THEM A PAINFUL LESSON TO WAKE UP 
they calculate left right centre up and down for few yrs to reach 10m but still God got eye to see to stop.
this covid is really a blessings in disguises to local true sillyporeans

Perhaps God is using their schemes to reveal ALL.

(29-09-2021, 09:01 AM)surfer Wrote:  Not only that , I think the young and upward mobile young people give up their citizenship and migrate to greener pasture. The living situation in this red dot getting from bad to worse. crying

More or less Singapore inate population remains.
With less mobility the foreign elements went Home.
But the problem of population growth as a result of the pandemonium will take a heavy toll by way of deaths and changed circumstances.

JoTeo can easily reduce another 30,000 FTs + 40,000 Dependents but she lazily anyhow issue Employment Pass to even NON- Technical jobs that we do not need.

She ought to be sacked!

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 
[+] 1 user Likes Ola's post

(28-09-2021, 07:34 PM)RiseofAsia Wrote:  Dont fully believe what is reported in the news.

You're correct, pap will pretend to use this report to bring in more people to sinkieland. They will create some sad stories to con and justify their actions. I belong to the 39% who don't trust a damn thing of what they published.
[+] 1 user Likes Great's post

property price will drop significantly if the trend persists

I think there are some positives from the decline in population.

Firstly, if population had remained stable, the unemployment rate would have been 7-8% and not 3+%.

Secondly, it does seem a lot more peaceful without the feeling of being in a foreign country in SG.

Really uniquely Singapore.. Population of a country can drop by 10% in a year, and we are not even talking about those on working passes..

Not as if we experience war, pandemic (we are in pandemic, but with only 80 deaths), famine that can bring down population quickly.

So it is time to drill down on the profiles of Singapore citizens and PRs and I bet we will be shock of the findings..

1. I have served the nation in a combat unit for 2.5 + 10 years. I had fulfilled my duty as a citizen, but has the country do it's part for me?
2. I don't know where the threat of CCP is, but I know the threat of CECA is already at my doorsteps
3. I had been called a CCP, JHK, Pinoy, but they never called me a CECA..

(29-09-2021, 01:00 PM)starbugs Wrote:  I think there are some positives from the decline in population.

Firstly, if population had remained stable, the unemployment rate would have been 7-8% and not 3+%.

Secondly, it does seem a lot more peaceful without the feeling of being in a foreign country in SG.

I think there should be a further decline of another 8%

Population shrink is a good sign. Just stop building so many bto.
[+] 1 user Likes dynamite's post

in the article, it was stated that Singapore's citizen population is also continuing to grow.
is this population growth due to ceca begin massively converted to new citizens in order to
quell local unhappiness.?

(29-09-2021, 03:49 PM)dynamite Wrote:  Population shrink is a good sign. Just stop building so many bto.

So far resale prices has not gone down,
another 1 percent of the population off from PR may be needed.

(29-09-2021, 08:23 PM)watchfirst9 Wrote:  So far resale prices has not gone down,
another 1 percent of the population off from PR may be needed.

Artificial growth cannot sustain at all once crisis hit us. 6.9m is now already out of qn.
Pinky is going to step down, 6.9m plan will be scrapped?
As long as Climax Change issue does not improve.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"
[+] 1 user Likes RiseofAsia's post

(29-09-2021, 09:13 PM)RiseofAsia Wrote:  Artificial growth cannot sustain at all once crisis hit us. 6.9m is now  already out of qn.
Pinky is going to step down, 6.9m plan will be scrapped?
As long as Climax Change issue does not improve.

Pinky will not step down, before a capable DPM is found...