Qantas shuns Singapore stopover on London flights

Qantas shuns Singapore stopover on London flights over testing requirements
by
ANDREW
15 February 2022, 12:00

Qantas shuns Singapore stopover on London flights over testing requirements

Qantas will continue to fly its 'kangaroo route' Sydney to London flights via Darwin until June, due to Singapore's transit testing policy.

Come on Qantas, let's be honest

Simply say Singapore is classified as " High Risk" full stop.

By 2023, all Qantas flights from Australia will fly directly non-stop to London 

No Qantas flights will transit @ Changi anymore.

Sorry I dun travel with Qantas, lousy service and rude & racist air stewards and the worst inflight entertainment system ever, small screen, 10-15 year old movies with limited choice, lousy games
[+] 1 user Likes lvlrsSTI's post

Quantas can go jiak sai lah….please dont bring any Oz trash here

My first long distance flight to London by Qantas few decades ago. The air steward/stewardess very racist. Distributed blankets to all passengers except me, the only Chinese. When came to distributing apples, pretended not to see me.

This is my first and last flight by Qantas. Have been telling my relatives and friends not to take them.

in fact qantas is safer than sia no accident so far.

(16-02-2022, 12:20 PM)talky Wrote:  in fact qantas is safer than sia no accident so far.

So what? Lousy service, all stewards or stewardesses  are over 45yo, fat and ugly. If you ask for a drink they ask you hold on and continue chitchatting with Aussie passenger for half an hour.

Through the years I've travelled with SAS, JAL, SQ, Delta, UA, Qantas , Emirates. Qantas is the worst in terms of service and food quality. Their aircrafts are old and seats not comfortable. Their flight attendants are elderly and a little biased against asians.

tomorrow will be a better day
[+] 1 user Likes surfer's post

(16-02-2022, 12:26 PM)surfer Wrote:  Through the years I've travelled with SAS, JAL, SQ, Delta, UA, Qantas , Emirates. Qantas is the worst in terms of service and food quality. Their aircrafts are old and seats not comfortable. Their flight attendants are elderly and a little biased against asians.

Emirates was very good, the stewardess come over talk to you and ask what you need, food is good,  instead of a glass they give you two small bottles of wine and two ice creams. However recent years the service dropped.

(16-02-2022, 12:31 PM)lvlrsSTI Wrote:  Emirates was very good, the stewardess come over talk to you and ask what you need, food is good,  instead of a glass they give you two small bottles of wine and two ice creams. However recent years the service dropped.

Before Covid I was upgraded twice to Biz class on Emirates. Service and food excellent.

(16-02-2022, 12:08 PM)Clyde Wrote:  My first long distance flight to London by Qantas few decades ago. The air steward/stewardess very racist. Distributed blankets to all passengers except me, the only Chinese. When came to distributing apples, pretended not to see me.

This is my first and last flight by Qantas. Have been telling my relatives and friends not to take them.

Their racist attitude is very obvious and they do it openly without hiding it.

(16-02-2022, 12:34 PM)surfer Wrote:  Before Covid I was upgraded twice to Biz class on Emirates. Service and food excellent.

Great, I found the service in economy class is better than that in SQ, the stewardesses are very friendly and treat you like a God.

I was also upgraded to their Business class, very good. Inflight entertainment system has 300 movies.

(16-02-2022, 12:37 PM)lvlrsSTI Wrote:  Great, I found the service in economy class is better than that in SQ, the stewardesses are very friendly and treat you like a God.

Their middle eastern stewardesses also very pretty. Very charming too. Big Grin

(16-02-2022, 12:38 PM)surfer Wrote:  Their middle eastern stewardesses also very pretty. Very charming too. Big Grin

Their team is mixed, got Europeans, Asians and Arabs, can speak multiple foreign languages.

(16-02-2022, 12:26 PM)surfer Wrote:  Through the years I've travelled with SAS, JAL, SQ, Delta, UA, Qantas , Emirates. Qantas is the worst in terms of service and food quality. Their aircrafts are old and seats not comfortable. Their flight attendants are elderly and a little biased against asians.

(16-02-2022, 12:31 PM)lvlrsSTI Wrote:  Emirates was very good, the stewardess come over talk to you and ask what you need, food is good,  instead of a glass they give you two small bottles of wine and two ice creams. However recent years the service dropped.
Although I did not traveled on Qantas flight, but from the comments left behind by Qantas passengers I am convinced  they are saying the truth.  Their Stewards and Stewardess are not grounded once they reached 35, unlike in SQ flights.  Also, there must be instances of the flight attendants being racist and looked down on Asian travellers......

(16-02-2022, 12:38 PM)surfer Wrote:  Their middle eastern stewardesses also very pretty. Very charming too. Big Grin

Heard Qatar Airways is even better, never travelled with it before though.

(16-02-2022, 12:40 PM)lvlrsSTI Wrote:  Heard Qatar Airways is even better, never travelled with it before though.

Have not travelled with Qatar yet. Which routes do they ply?

(16-02-2022, 12:40 PM)debono Wrote:  Although I did not traveled on Qantas flight, but from the comments left behind by Qantas passengers I am convinced  they are saying the truth.  Their Stewards and Stewardess are not grounded once they reached 35, unlike in SQ flights.  Also, there must be instances of the flight attendants being racist and looked down on Asian travellers......

Correct, avoid Qantas…those people who dunt believe Aussies are racist, ask them travel with Qantas to experience 1st hand racism.

I have been avoiding qantas like plague since my most unpleasant experience donkey years back. Middle aged stewards and stewardesses smile and reply politely to caucasians while giving curt, unsmilingly services to Asians.
[+] 1 user Likes AngweeMan's post

(16-02-2022, 01:37 PM)AngweeMan Wrote:  I have been avoiding qantas like plague since my most unpleasant experience donkey years back. Middle aged stewards and stewardesses smile and reply politely to caucasians while giving curt, unsmilingly services to Asians.

SIA carrying ang MOH passengers balls too

(18-02-2022, 06:43 AM)Scythian Wrote:  SIA carrying ang MOH passengers balls too

I don't care whose balls SIA carry since I seldom fly with them. Only when got massive discount on their tickets will I chose them.

(18-02-2022, 08:16 AM)AngweeMan Wrote:  I don't care whose balls SIA carry since I seldom fly with them. Only when got massive discount on their tickets will I chose them.

There's nothing so special flying SIA

You didn't miss anything at all
[+] 1 user Likes Scythian's post

(16-02-2022, 12:37 PM)lvlrsSTI Wrote:  Great, I found the service in economy class is better than that in SQ, the stewardesses are very friendly and treat you like a God.

I was also upgraded to their Business class, very good. Inflight entertainment system has 300 movies.
Sis., you are staying in Aust. for sometime now, so you know that you as an Asian was treated differently from Caucasian.  I am sure you had flown with Quantas before, and therefore will be able to judge the service on that airline........