Singapore should return to having Parliament appoint president: Tan Kin Lian

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/p...n-kin-lian
[+] 2 users Like forum456's post

TKL;

No point having an elected president if his hands are tied on issues, he added.

“I got a lot of notices about what are the things I cannot do, so I think it’s quite an unproductive exercise,” he said at a members-only event, organised by the National University of Singapore Society (NUSS) on Saturday afternoon"

Finally he understood President does not has executive power..phew..😅

After misleading so many Singaporean including some members over here.
Now lamented, suggest go back to old system selecting President, by the cabinet.  Laughing
[+] 3 users Like moonrab's post

His supporters will be so disappointed. Laughing
[+] 2 users Like winbig's post

His point is that the gov has put so much constraints on the Presidency that it defeats the purpose. Then may as well go back to appointed one like the past. Hence if he is elected, he will push the limit by constant feedback to those in charge to help improve people's lives. He is not taking no but feel that he will speak his mind. That's him and for that he deserve the vote. If you vote the other 2, then quite sure they will end up like Halimah, TT or JLB.
[+] 3 users Like Instinct's post

(26-08-2023, 10:06 PM)Instinct Wrote:  His point is that the gov has put so much constraints on the Presidency that it defeats the purpose. Then  may as well go back to appointed one like the past. Hence if he is elected,  he will push the limit by constant feedback to those  in charge to help improve people's lives. He is not taking no but feel that he will speak his mind. That's him and for that he deserve the vote. If you vote the other 2, then quite sure they will end up like Halimah, TT or JLB.

He's ex-pap member and is already 75 years old. He dunno our system of government is different from that of the US and China? We follow UK system. It's been like that since he was pap member years ago. Now then complain?

(26-08-2023, 09:52 PM)moonrab Wrote:  TKL;

No point having an elected president if his hands are tied on issues, he added.

“I got a lot of notices about what are the things I cannot do, so I think it’s quite an unproductive exercise,” he said at a members-only event, organised by the National University of Singapore Society (NUSS) on Saturday afternoon"

Finally he understood President does not has executive power..phew..😅

After misleading so many Singaporean including some members over here.
Now lamented, suggest go back to old system selecting President, by the cabinet.  Laughing
You moron, lie again....Haizz

Putting words in his mouth, intepreting it the way you like to imagine..

Get this into your head, he was being sarcastic

It's obvious sarcasm is lost in you
[+] 2 users Like Sentinel's post

(26-08-2023, 10:02 PM)winbig Wrote:  His supporters will be so disappointed. Laughing
Nope..

(26-08-2023, 10:02 PM)winbig Wrote:  His supporters will be so disappointed. Laughing

Yep. Especially one...or...... two 🤭 over here.

(26-08-2023, 10:19 PM)Sentinel Wrote:  Nope..

I'm waiting for u. Let's bet whether TKL will be President. I'll bet your kkj against your kkb. If u win u can get back your kkj, if u lose u will lose both hair kkj and kkb.  Laughing
[+] 1 user Likes winbig's post

(26-08-2023, 10:11 PM)winbig Wrote:  He's ex-pap member and is already 75 years old. He dunno our system of government is different from that of the US and China? We follow UK system. It's been like that since he was pap member years ago. Now then complain?

You living under a rock all these years is it? Or you born yesterday?

You never see the changes in PAP over the years is it? And the hardships people are facing now is it?

Knnccb, DF!!
[+] 2 users Like Sentinel's post

(26-08-2023, 10:19 PM)Sentinel Wrote:  You moron, lie again....Haizz

Putting words in his mouth, intepreting it the way you like to imagine..

Get this into your head, he was being sarcastic

It's obvious sarcasm is lost in you

You blind ah. 
Cannot read the article. 
Even he said it himself, you also don't believe. OMG....

PE 2023: Elected presidency an 'unproductive exercise', S'pore should go back to appointing president again, says Tan Kin Lian

Bolded. Read Read Read! Tan Kin Lian Say!!!!🤣🤣🤣

(26-08-2023, 10:22 PM)winbig Wrote:  I'm waiting for u. Let's bet whether TKL will be President. I'll bet your kkj against your kkb. If u win u can get back your kkj, if u lose u will lose both hair kkj and kkb.  Laughing

He just don't want to believe Our President got no executive power. Very strange mentality 😕. 

Even now TKL admitted publicly.
[+] 1 user Likes moonrab's post

(26-08-2023, 10:22 PM)winbig Wrote:  I'm waiting for u. Let's bet whether TKL will be President. I'll bet your kkj against your kkb. If u win u can get back your kkj, if u lose u will lose both hair kkj and kkb.  Laughing
Helló, if you lose, you can keep the kkj but offer your mouth to my dog for 1 year to be deepthroated and cim everytime

Deal?

(26-08-2023, 10:06 PM)Instinct Wrote:  His point is that the gov has put so much constraints on the Presidency that it defeats the purpose. Then  may as well go back to appointed one like the past. Hence if he is elected,  he will push the limit by constant feedback to those  in charge to help improve people's lives. He is not taking no but feel that he will speak his mind. That's him and for that he deserve the vote. If you vote the other 2, then quite sure they will end up like Halimah, TT or JLB.

He must change the Constitution first. Legally.

(26-08-2023, 10:25 PM)moonrab Wrote:  He just don't want to believe Our President got no executive power. Very strange mentality 😕. 

Even now TKL admitted publicly.
You think i dun know law is it?

You lied

(26-08-2023, 10:27 PM)moonrab Wrote:  He must change the Constitution first. Legally.
No need, you continue to lie

Arent you ashamed of yourself for lying each time?

(26-08-2023, 10:28 PM)Sentinel Wrote:  You think i dun know law is it?

You lied

If you read laws. Then you will not be so misguided. 
Please read his full article. He lamented so many time President hands are tied.
Many officials telling him cannot, cannot, cannot. According to Constitution. 
That is the Law!!!!
[+] 1 user Likes moonrab's post

(26-08-2023, 10:27 PM)Sentinel Wrote:  Helló, if you lose, you can keep the kkj but offer your mouth to my dog for 1 year to be deepthroated and cim everytime

Deal?

If u lose, U you can also keep your kkb but offer your mouth to FA for 1 year to be deepthroated and cim everytime Deal?  Rotfl

(26-08-2023, 10:30 PM)Sentinel Wrote:  No need, you continue to lie

Arent you ashamed of yourself for lying each time?

Mate, you are making a fool of yourself here.
Listen to Tan Kim Lian please.

(26-08-2023, 10:23 PM)moonrab Wrote:  You blind ah. 
Cannot read the article. 
Even he said it himself, you also don't believe. OMG....

PE 2023: Elected presidency an 'unproductive exercise', S'pore should go back to appointing president again, says Tan Kin Lian

Bolded. Read Read Read! Tan Kin Lian Say!!!!🤣🤣🤣
Hello liar

He was being sarcastic....because there are grey areas he can manoevre, you think he stewpig like you is it?

Dun overestimate yourself, bitch

(26-08-2023, 10:33 PM)moonrab Wrote:  Mate, you are making a fool of yourself here.
Listen to Tan Kim Lian please.
You listen, i dun need to as IAM very clear

(26-08-2023, 10:33 PM)winbig Wrote:  If u lose, U you can also keep your kkb but offer your mouth to FA for 1 year to be deepthroated and cim everytime Deal?  Rotfl
Offer declined as I not a faggot like you

Amended: If i lose, I offer my mouth to your wife for 10 years to eat her abalone and make her shiok shiok each time, if no shiok, samula! Deal!

(26-08-2023, 10:27 PM)moonrab Wrote:  He must change the Constitution first. Legally.

No need lah. He already said he will consult feedback and discuss. He said his view is to help people and improve lives. If those ministers purposely object for the sake of objecting, there are ways to deal with that. Thats what he call soft power

(26-08-2023, 10:41 PM)Sentinel Wrote:  Offer declined as I not a faggot like you

Amended: If i lose, I offer my mouth to your wife for 10 years to eat her abalone and make her shiok shiok each time, if no shiok, samula! Deal!

No lah. I lugi. If u lose u go let your idol TKL fondle u for 1 year lah. Deal!

Vote him for change. Don't keep thinking within your own box.

(26-08-2023, 10:46 PM)winbig Wrote:  No lah. I lugi. If u lose u go let your idol TKL fondle u for 1 year lah. Deal!
Ok, then if you lose, you go let your Tharma de fondle u for 1 year, NKS standby. It's ok, I lugi also  Deal!

(26-08-2023, 10:46 PM)Instinct Wrote:  No need lah. He already said he will consult feedback and discuss. He said his view is to help people and improve lives. If those ministers purposely object for the sake of objecting, there are ways to deal with that. Thats what he call soft power

Soft power is to persuade. 
Policy is set in Parliament through debate and vote.
That's the difference. 
He cannot even goes to the Parliament.

(26-08-2023, 11:21 PM)Ostmoonrab Wrote:  Soft power is to persuade. 
That's the difference. 

He can say he lost the safe key so gov cannot open it ! All those parliament make cannot be materialist ...

(26-08-2023, 11:21 PM)moonrab Wrote:  Soft power is to persuade. 
That's the difference. 

Exactly. If TKL really wants to change this and that and wanted to improve Singaporean's lives then he should take part in GE to get elected into parliament. I don't see him around in last GE.
[+] 1 user Likes winbig's post

He is saying this in the context of those saying president has a narrow role and cannot improve lives of people. Why then go through an entire election to get a president who does nothing.

Anyway the amount of distorted reporting and more attacks over pretty girl posts is to pressure people mot to vote for TKL and put Tharman a PAP man jnto office

Tharman has an OSA conviction that the media does even question why he committed it....that is more serious than using the phrase "pretty girl" but it does not surface in the media

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
[+] 1 user Likes sgbuffett's post