Singapore wants to be leading player in global crypto economy: MAS chief Ravi Menon

PUBLISHED 27 MIN AGO

SINGAPORE (BLOOMBERG) - Singapore is seeking to cement itself as a key player for cryptocurrency-related businesses as financial centres around the world grapple with approaches to handle one of the fastest-growing areas of finance.

"We think the best approach is not to clamp down or ban these things," said Mr Ravi Menon, managing director of the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS), which regulates banks and financial firms.

Instead, MAS is putting in place "strong regulation", so firms that meet its requirements and address the multitude of risks can operate, he said in an interview.

https://www.straitstimes.com/business/co...crypto-hub

Better know wat happening at the 3 gorges dam
dat took down
Big pharma Bitcoin and 24 nuclear plants.
[+] 1 user Likes singlon's post

We all know buy Bitcoin can make $$$.

But how does Bitcoin benefit economy?

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Hypocrisy at its best. Want to promote greener environment but allow crypto mining.
[+] 2 users Like Blasterlord2's post

Peoples who are in crypto industry in general are more entrepreneurial, smarter and know what fortune means
Better way to put it, adventurer who embark on treasure hunting expedition

If you compare this to corporate world, peoples thete everytime you hear is boasting, show off, kpi, talk like billionaire but ...
Better way to put it, dress very nice, but pocket no money and low mentality with no depth
That include c suites, very lame characters
[+] 1 user Likes jameslee58@hotmail.com's post

sour grapes, that's all i can say

HFSP

The original intention of Cryptocurrency is not to be regulated by any government or authority, but rather it is to be 'self regulated' by the view of the masses, correct?

Banks always claimed how good they are, you can read up youself
But qhen lehman bankrupt, every countryies suffered, suppliers in china closedshops, other bank also suffered losses
You tell me, is banks that noble after all?
Dbs once called me 9am in the norning shouted at me for owing them few hundreds dollars of money, i was sleeping, which i have no idea how i owed them, is a lady, i complained to mas
Mas told me they cannot interefere (???)
At first dbs do not want to waive interest payment only penalty fees, then i realised they used agents to trick me into signubg up loan cheque book, even though i financially savvy, i got cheated
Why i m interested in cheating few hundreds with dbs? The lady on another end, identity was unknown, she got off scott free for shouting at me
I hope she will ended up in jail along with her superior
This happened probably more than 10 years ago, why i raised this again and again?
Is call pest control
Your house got cockcroaches, you baygone time to time, correct?
Same here

show hand? lose country pays?

Too many platforms, Sg will not be leader.
Risk is there as Federal banks may switch their mind to clamp it down.

Crypto can make money, but just don't be the last person (or country) holding the baby. It will be carnage.
[+] 1 user Likes starbugs's post