Singaporean asks, “Why are old people allowed to drive?” since they’re

Singaporean asks, “Why are old people allowed to drive?” since they’re more likely to cause accidents

https://theindependent.sg/singaporean-as...accidents/

Those involved in accidents are those yaya papaya drivers. Nothing to do with age.
[+] 1 user Likes winbig's post

In fact accidents happen because of people with big egos. Most of the times you see young drivers with inflated egos driving very fast without care and safety of others around them.

tomorrow will be a better day
[+] 1 user Likes surfer's post

Why that joker blames on age. Old ppl drive slowly and kia si. They are less likely to cause accident. Accidents are caused by drivers who like to speed, are impatient, show off infront of gf . All these are trait of youngsters.
[+] 2 users Like Bigbluedot's post

Those people who asked the question are not prepared to grow old!

Before: At your service; After: Serves you right!

Must get age data of accidents brfore trying to act smart and ssked why old people are allow to drive.
Without the age group data, i have a feeling accidents were mostly committed by young people.     Rolleyes

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung

old people are not only accident prone, they road hog too
[+] 1 user Likes TopSage's post

(26-05-2024, 11:12 AM)TopSage Wrote:  old people are not only accident prone, they road hog too

Must have data to prove. 
For above 79 years old maybe not suitable to be in the high way as they may face some reckless 
drivers turn left and right like the road are theirs.

thar why Singapore must get AI to take control of the car
only AI is allowed to drive
no driver needed

(26-05-2024, 10:42 AM)Fit Wrote:  Those people who asked the question are not prepared to grow old!

More like die young, so won’t be old

Laughing

(26-05-2024, 10:21 AM)winbig Wrote:  Those involved in accidents are those yaya papaya drivers. Nothing to do with age.

Serious accidents are usually caused by arrogant, aggressive, impatient, reckless and inexperience drivers. Elderly drivers usually drive at a slower speed, keep a safe distance, are more experienced and cautious, even if their eyesight may be poorer and their reaction time slower.

(26-05-2024, 12:00 PM)watchfirst9 Wrote:  Must have data to prove. For above 79 years old maybe not suitable to be in the high way as they may face some reckless 
drivers turn left and right like the road are theirs.

Drivers approaching their 80s may not have fast reaction time to avoid reckless and inconsiderate younger drivers on our expressways, so whose fault is it? The drivers who are cautious and do not speed, or those who disregard the speed limits and make sharp turns that endanger other road users?

(26-05-2024, 11:12 AM)TopSage Wrote:  old people are not only accident prone, they road hog too

Who is worse? Older and more experienced drivers who go below the speed limit or inexperienced and impatient motorists who go far beyond the prescribed speed limit?

(26-05-2024, 10:48 AM)Huliwang Wrote:  Must get age data of accidents brfore trying to act smart and ssked why old people are allow to drive. Without the age group data, i have a feeling accidents were mostly committed by young people.  

Perhaps the most significant factor that insurers take into account when calculating premiums is the driver's age. Young and inexperienced drivers are not only more likely to be involved in a motor accident, but the average cost of claims is far higher as well.

There's no upper age limit for driving. Even if you're a centenarian, you can still drive if you feel you're able to do so. The only legal requirement is, you must undergo a medical and certified fit for driving by a doc. SG drivers have to take such a medical examination for the validation of their driving licences just before their 65th birthday, and thereafter once every three years (i.e. just before reaching 68, 71. 74, 77..) for as long as they wish to continue driving.

Many motorists of advanced age still possess the competency to drive, but there are those who didn't wish to continue driving after getting into an accident or were advised to quit driving by their family members who were concerned about their safety, slower reflexes, failing eyesight and suchlike.

(26-05-2024, 10:52 PM)S I M T A N Wrote:  Many motorists of advanced age still possess the competency to drive, but there are those who didn't wish to continue driving after getting into an accident or were advised to quit driving by their family members who were concerned about their safety, slower reflexes, failing eyesight and suchlike.

Those who cause death by their dangerous, reckless and inconsiderate driving - regardless of age - must be banned for life. 
[+] 1 user Likes EvertonDiehard's post

Take away the licence of the doctors who certified the elderly that gets into a serious accident. That will ensure that doctors do their certifications properly. Elderly driver must also go for refresher course annually. Done.

Not alert better don’t drive

No weapons that forms against me shall prosper
No tongue that rises against me I shall condemn 
☝️

(27-05-2024, 11:02 AM)Lukongsimi Wrote:  Not alert better don’t drive

This applies to ALL age groups. Youngsters aren't alert because 1/2 their attention is on their mobile phones while behind the wheel.

(27-05-2024, 01:22 PM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:  This applies to ALL age groups. Youngsters aren't alert because 1/2 their attention is on their mobile phones while behind the wheel.

Some drunk or on drugs or angry with someone loss mind

☝️

(27-05-2024, 10:48 AM)Sticw Wrote:  Take away the licence of the doctors who certified the elderly that gets into a serious accident. That will ensure that doctors do their certifications properly. Elderly driver must also go for refresher course annually. Done.

Take away the licence of the driving centre examiners who passed youngsters who get into a serious accident later. That will ensure that examiners do their certifications properly. Young drivers who cause accidents must also go for a refresher course annually. 

(27-05-2024, 01:24 PM)Lukongsimi Wrote:  Some drunk or on drugs or angry with someone loss mind

Youngsters tend to drive while on their mobile phone, drunk, high on drugs or while filled with angst. I guess they will blame the older drivers for driving within the speed limit, thereby causing them to overtake and speed. LOL!

(27-05-2024, 01:27 PM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:  Youngsters tend to drive while on their mobile phone, drunk, high on drugs or while filled with angst. I guess they will blame the older drivers for driving within the speed limit, thereby causing them to overtake and speed. LOL!
Not many oldies are driving nowadays for leisure , coe is a kill.

☝️

(27-05-2024, 01:30 PM)Lukongsimi Wrote:  Not many oldies are driving nowadays for leisure , coe is a kill.

Even those retirees at my condo who are flushed with cash are either downgrading to more modest cars or turning to public transport in view of the skyrocketing COE premiums.

(27-05-2024, 08:45 AM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:  Those who cause death by their dangerous, reckless and inconsiderate driving - regardless of age - must be banned for life. 

20 years banned...if it reckless. I think this is a no-1 important point

Reckless kill not not one but two or more, for eg: At a recent junction very near to Tampines Temasek Polytechnic, a very young gal and another is a passing passenger in a van kan-nan killed by reckless driver. 

So reckless is very much worst then been a dangerous driving driver.  

In Australia elderly drive very slowly, 40-60km per hour, people give way to them or avoid them, some of them are over 80 yo.

In Spore drivers are very rude, never give way to cars wanting to join the main road let alone elderly people, the distance between cars are very small, easily have accidents, therefore elderly better dunt drive in Spore, young drivers are very rude and aggressive on the road.

(27-05-2024, 02:20 PM)Tee tiong huat Wrote:  20 years banned...if it reckless. I think this is a no-1 important point
Reckless kill not not one but two or more, for eg: At a recent junction very near to Tampines Temasek Polytechnic, a very young gal and another is a passing passenger in a van kan-nan killed by reckless driver. 
So reckless is very much worst then been a dangerous driving driver.  

Allow me to explain the difference. By my reckoning, reckless may be equated with careless driving i.e. when a person drives with undue care and attention. Dangerous driving appears to be the more serious charge i.e. when a driver has been completely negligent - doesn't give a damn about other road users. 

Reckless may mean is to go something doing certain things in a purpose. It is intentionally. knowingly.  This's of one's own free will. pre-meditatedly. premeditatively. This eg have happened at near to Tampines, near to a Polytechnic school junction where for assessment is doom & that resulted, killed two passengers by Reckless mean.... crying

But then, there is a but tobe equated with careless, careless is something oneself or others maybe or may not happen depending on seriously of center of this or that matters.  Tongue

(28-05-2024, 11:36 AM)Tee tiong huat Wrote:  Reckless may mean is to go something doing certain things in a purpose. It is intentionally. knowingly.  This's of one's own free will. pre-meditatedly. premeditatively. This eg have happened at near to Tampines, near to a Polytechnic school junction where for assessment is doom & that resulted, killed two passengers by Reckless mean. But then, there is a but tobe equated with careless, careless is something oneself or others maybe or may not happen depending on seriously of center of this or that matters. 

In any case, both reckless and dangerous driving may have fatal results for innocent road users. The car driver involved in the 6-vehicle crash in Tampines that killed 2 people has been handed 4 charges. Muhammad Syafie Ismail was charged with dangerous driving causing death, dangerous driving causing hurt and dangerous driving. It could be argued that he was reckless as well, but that sounds rather understated in this horrific case. 

Sg roads are getting dangerous.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVtO_Gn4KP4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZ66-dC9hXE