Singaporeans ranked No.1 in Global Scam Victims

https://www.straitstimes.com/world/14-tr...rage-study

Not a surprise.
Just look at the post by some forummers here.

[Image: Whats-App-Image-2023-08-25-at-13-44-51.jpg]

Jab already?

(20-10-2023, 06:46 PM)Obamao Wrote:  Not a surprise.
Just look at the post by some forummers here.

Stupidest people on earth

Not surprising especially those voted PAP , can't see the DIFFERENCE between this current PAP and the past but still blindly voted them.
[+] 1 user Likes [[ForeverAlone]]'s post

(20-10-2023, 07:04 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  Not surprising especially those voted PAP , can't see the DIFFERENCE between this current PAP and the past but still blindly voted them.
You hv a point and this sounds realistic. So many scams are purportedly from Govt fake websites. Becos many citizens believed and trust the Govt so much. So, they fell into the trap.

Too kind too greedy too simple minded

No weapons that forms against me shall prosper
No tongue that rises against me I shall condemn 
☝️

(20-10-2023, 07:03 PM)Scythian Wrote:  Stupidest people on earth

yes stupidiest people on earth despite the factthere is no illiterates in spore
the most surprising one is the lady advisor  for gic or temasick cheated of >100m

(20-10-2023, 07:09 PM)Lukongsimi Wrote:  Too kind too greedy too simple minded

becos too dependent on pap govt moulded fr pri school cant think out of the box

How can the worlds highest IQ also being ranked 75 world literacy rating...?

Because our govt have blame the victim attitude whereas other countries makenm banks compensate if scammers can bypass the app security through erd party apps....

Singapore govt has failed the people.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Banks very laxed as they are not responsible.
[+] 1 user Likes mikotan's post

(20-10-2023, 07:42 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Because our govt have blame the victim attitude whereas other countries makenm banks compensate if scammers can bypass the app security through erd party apps....

Singapore govt has failed the people.

DBS marketed Lehman bros mini bonds

DBS Hongkong compensated investors in full.

DBS Singapore didn't pay a cent.

Singaporean fear government, police, ica, mom, cpf etc Once mention these organisations most comply

(20-10-2023, 08:18 PM)Scythian Wrote:  DBS marketed Lehman bros mini bonds

becos dbs belong to the  pap govt
if compensate the amt is >100yrs of these discounts that rebates n cdc vouchers to lower cost of living due to pap self inflicted inflation

Singapore government can only bully Singaporean. They can't bully those Hongkonger. Their government can hang the dbs banking licence if dbs didn't compensate their citizens.
[+] 2 users Like Clyde's post

WELCOME TO ƎꓤOԀ∀⅁NIS CITY

a nation of crimes & criminals

thank you pap

[Image: S6Dg0.png]

Lacking govt campaign and public education.

Leaders should help to improve Literacy rating which has never been done before.

S T U P I d

(20-10-2023, 08:55 PM)Clyde Wrote:  Singapore government can only bully Singaporean. They can't bully those Hongkonger. Their government can hang the dbs banking licence if dbs didn't compensate their citizens.

Only Singaporeans got screwed

After years of being scammed by pap, the 61% have lost the ability to differentiate truth from scam.
[+] 2 users Like Alice Alicia's post

they did
but only pay goh chok yong his 3million back

(20-10-2023, 07:03 PM)Scythian Wrote:  Stupidest people on earth

The study found that scam victims in Singapore lost the most money on average, at US$4,031 per victim. 
Switzerland was second at US$3,767 per victim, 
followed by Austria at US$3,484.

Mr Abraham said the three nations are affluent and attractive targets to scammers.

So you saying Swiss people are 2nd stupidest. Austria people are 3rd stupidest..🤣.

"Australians lose record $3.1 billion to scams in 2022, as ACCC calls for tougher measures
Monday 17 Apr 2023 at 6:53am

Doris McAllister lost her life's savings of $260,000 to a fake investment scam.
Doris McAllister spent her whole life working hard to support herself.

Key points:
The ACCC is calling on Australian banks and regulators to better protect consumers from scams

A new report shows scammers stole more than $3 billion from Australians in 2022
Many victims do not report their losses, so the true figure is likely higher, the report says

She started working when she was 15. She saved to buy a house on her own after a divorce. She fought breast cancer and all the other problems life threw her way.

So, last year, when the 75-year-old saw an international bank offering a good return on deposits, she decided to transfer her life's savings of $260,000 across to help secure her retirement.

"I was feeling on top of the world because I thought, 'Now I'm set for the rest of my life,'" she said.

"I don't have to work. I don't have to look over my shoulder for where the next dollar is going to come from."

Six weeks later, when she needed to make a withdrawal, she realised she had been conned.

Scammers had pretended to represent the Singapore-based bank DBS, and had tricked her into transferring her life's savings to them.

"They made it sound so perfect, and I lost the lot," she said."

So you saying this Aussie woman is stupid. For her lost. Australians are also stupid people like you...🤣

Stupidest people on earth

Lost in Lehman bros mini bonds
Hyflux Olivia Lum water scheme

Etc

Although it is tedious,
the current effective way to stop the small greed from phone scam is to 2 get phones. One phone purely for bank app. The other one for your social media. Best is to get IPhone for your bank app as Apple Store doesn’t allow 3rd party app

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

https://youtu.be/LsNNGxnXON8?si=YpjZG9JliDKz-P6y

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"
[+] 1 user Likes RiseofAsia's post

(21-10-2023, 08:48 AM)RiseofAsia Wrote:  Although it is tedious,
the current effective way to stop the small greed from phone scam is to 2 get phones. One phone purely for bank app. The other one for your social media.

Temasek also kena by FTX and salt bae

PM Lee made Shoot Blank Queen the Worst Communications Minister

leading a small country but most scams in the world

She go for Eye Surgery to make eyes big but she is still Blind

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/a...ephine-teo

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapor...23-3766796

Young adults aged 20 to 39 were the most likely to be cheated in scams, making up more than half of the total number of victims. They mostly fell prey to e-commerce scams, job scams and phishing scams.

The top five scam types in Singapore – making up 83.8 per cent of all cases reported in the first half of this year – were job scams, e-commerce scams, fake friend call scams, phishing scams and investment scams.

The number of cases for all these scam types rose across the board in comparison to the first half of 2022. The amounts cheated in three of the top five scam types also rose.

Among the top 10 scam types, those involving the impersonation of government officials resulted in the highest average losses – S$116,000. This was followed by investment scams at about S$60,000.

[Image: photo-2022-04-20-13-53-00-Copy.jpg]

This kind.
[+] 1 user Likes Obamao's post