Why S'pore keeps importing people & makes no progress to improve fertility rate

(05-05-2022, 12:32 PM)Oyk Wrote:  If we reproduce locally, we pass down the same pool of genes.

If we import, we can pick and choose bright FTs, make them new citizens.

Each local who stays single because he says "Ah my salary so low! How to start a family?"......it is a blessing for Singapore that he does not make babies......so you have a few thousand of these staying single, and we can then import a few thousand FT with superior genes.

If you want an intelligent nation, would you not do that?  Or do you want to use public funds to support someone who cannot pass his PSLE, help him raise a family of kids who are like him, and then support his kids when they grow up, and help them raise a family as well, and the vicious cycle continues.  But who pays?  Taxpayer right.

If the pap plan is to import people and dilute away Singaporeans whom they see as inferior small minded ...then I agree it is serving its goal well.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Young couples probably prefer to remain single , no children in the family.
Prefer pets.
Less financial burden.
Less headache.
Not easy to raise up children.
What IF, the greatest fear and real.

(06-05-2022, 07:53 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  If the pap plan is to import people and dilute away Singaporeans whom they see as inferior small minded ...then I agree it is serving its goal well.

Let's be objective and try to not cloud your thoughts with hatred for PAP because then, you shant be able to think clearly.

There are two ways to repopulate:  local birth and import.

The world does not lack humans.  As a matter of fact, the world is overpopulated.

And if we are going to import, it does not make sense to import losers from other countries.  Why would you want to import someone who is a gangster, has a history of killing people and robbing banks?  Of course, you'd import someone who has the skills we need.  Is not Australia doing the same?

Observer = KILLjoy = starbugstk = Dan = lvlrsSTI = OWNER.
Trying so hard to find my Archilles Point wor. Hehe Love

(06-05-2022, 07:39 AM)winbig Wrote:  We must see who we import mah. Jhk and ceca are superior genes meh?

Depends on who you point your finger and scream jhk! ceca!

The guy cooking cai png?

Or the guy working on the North-South Corridor under the sun?

There are Malaysians and Indians who are professionals.  

Do not forget, LKY actually tried social engineering by paying non-graduate women $$$$ to sterilise themselves.  He did not want them to make so many babies....maybe one or two, just enough to do coolie work which will always need people, but not five, six or seven..

He wants graduate women to produce more babies...but it did not work out because many of them could not find a partner for whatever reason.

Now we can jitao import FTs...their education is not paid by us but by their governments.  They call it a brain drain.  Malaysia is actually very angry that their citizens are not staying behind to advance their country but working hard for Singapore instead....

(05-05-2022, 10:38 PM)ArielCasper Wrote:  Question is, are we choosing the bright FTs (if they are really bright, they would be in US/China/Hong Kong and not Sinkie land)?

Even if your theory is right, we had already import for last 30 years. Did our nation become more intelligent nation because the next generation of our 1st generation import, with the so called 'better' genes, would have already grow up and start contribution by now?

The government's job is to attract FDIs.....the MNCs, which it succeeded in doing with flying colours.

These MNCs chose Singapore and not Malaysia or Indonesia.

How did it do it?
1.  Fiscal policies....for eg preferential tax rates, or a competitive tax regime

2.  Stable government

3.  Ease of doing business

4.  Access to global talents.

Last point above:  the hiring is not done by PAP.  It is done by the MNCs.  It only stands to reason that a MNC would do a robust recruitment process after pumping billion of dollars here.  I know the popular joke - ah! get an Uptron degree and you will earn $66K a month.

Let's not be childish.

As to your last question, the answer is a resounding YESSSS!~ We did become a more intelligent nation.  We had been able to compete with countries far bigger than us only because our workforce is really composed of the best minds from around the world.

If you subscribe to the chanting:  Jobs for FTs, Grab food delivery for sinkies, and you want Pritam to be the PM, kick all the FTs out and give their jobs to the Grab deliveryman, let me put it bluntly, I shant mince words, it will be the fall of Singapore.

(05-05-2022, 10:31 PM)ArielCasper Wrote:  If UMNO is referring to the Malay population in Malaysia, yes Singapore would do better if it was run by UMNO..

Stat show that Malay population % has went up, while the Chinese and Indian population went down in Malaysia.

If UMNO throw in all the benefits they set aside for Malay in Malaysia and do the same to Sinkie in Singapore, I am sure our population problem will be solved.

The long and short of what you are saying from para one to para three is that Singapore would do better in terms of making babies.

And that cannot be disputed.

But we would be producing babies which are as much in demand as they are in Malaysia.  If this sentence sounds convoluted, let me rephrase it.  Malaysia does not lack labour.  She has lots of people.  What she lacks are FDIs.  MNCs are not going there; they are coming here.  So, if UMNO runs Singapore, we will have so much labour...which nobody wants...because when the workforce profile and the government are changed, MNCs will go elsewhere because then, Singapore is no longer Singapore. It's just a mini Malaysia.

(05-05-2022, 10:45 AM)Bigiron Wrote:  1. High cost of living
2. Job insecurities
3. Easy to dilute vote with more imported new citizens
4. Easy to stay on power
5. Can achieve high GDP at all cost
6. White can enjoy high perk and salary

Actually votes dilute is not correct. The new citizens will also become old citizens one day and know their true colour eventually.
物极必反!

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

(06-05-2022, 09:03 PM)Oyk Wrote:  Depends on who you point your finger and scream jhk! ceca!

The guy cooking cai png?

Or the guy working on the North-South Corridor under the sun?

There are Malaysians and Indians who are professionals.  

Do not forget, LKY actually tried social engineering by paying non-graduate women $$$$ to sterilise themselves.  He did not want them to make so many babies....maybe one or two, just enough to do coolie work which will always need people, but not five, six or seven..

He wants graduate women to produce more babies...but it did not work out because many of them could not find a partner for whatever reason.

Now we can jitao import FTs...their education is not paid by us but by their governments.  They call it a brain drain.  Malaysia is actually very angry that their citizens are not staying behind to advance their country but working hard for Singapore instead....

U really think Malaysians are working hard for Singapore? U R REALLY NAIVE.  Laughing

(05-05-2022, 12:32 PM)Oyk Wrote:  If we reproduce locally, we pass down the same pool of genes.

Each local who stays single because he says "Ah my salary so low! How to start a family?"......it is a blessing for Singapore that he does not make babies......so you have a few thousand of these staying single, and we can then import a few thousand FT with superior genes.

If you want an intelligent nation, would you not do that?  Or do you want to use public funds to support someone who cannot pass his PSLE, help him raise a family of kids who are like him, and then support his kids when they grow up, and help them raise a family as well, and the vicious cycle continues.  But who pays?  Taxpayer right.

First of all, I found your statement very degrading Sporeans.
And it been few decades now, did not see gene improvement as you mentioned. 
What more observable is many left with their husbands or some with wife overseas. 

The loyalty is low compare to the past. And my honest view, our military edge is no longer as it was
No one is treating Sg with respect compare to twenty years ago.

This is why there's so little loyalty from Singaporeans and you can't blame them for it. It happens when the govt judges whether a person is a worthy citizen depending on whether his genes are superior or not. How the govt behaves, the citizens follow. And thus Singaporeans judge each other on how they should treat one another based on the other person's status in life.

I said, go ahead and import large number of foreigners. I don't care. But neither will I owe my allegiance to this country. It's just a place for me to make money in my best years and then I'll retire somewhere. 

And lastly, many of those foreigners that we have are not really talents. So no, I don't use the term foreign talents on them.

(06-05-2022, 10:37 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  This is why there's so little loyalty from Singaporeans and you can't blame them for it. It happens when the govt judges whether a person is a worthy citizen depending on whether his genes are superior or not. How the govt behaves, the citizens follow. And thus Singaporeans judge each other on how they should treat one another based on the other person's status in life.

I said, go ahead and import large number of foreigners. I don't care. But neither will I owe my allegiance to this country. It's just a place for me to make money in my best years and then I'll retire somewhere. 

And lastly, many of those foreigners that we have are not really talents. So no, I don't use the term foreign talents on them.

The jhk cooking cai png and the Indian digging roads are certainly not FTs.  I was not talking about them.

(06-05-2022, 10:18 PM)watchfirst9 Wrote:  First of all, I found your statement very degrading Sporeans.
And it been few decades now, did not see gene improvement as you mentioned. 
What more observable is many left with their husbands or some with wife overseas. 

The loyalty is low compare to the past. And my honest view, our military edge is no longer as it was
No one is treating Sg with respect compare to twenty years ago.

The improvement is due to import of FTs-new citizens.  They raised the national IQ.

If we had succeeded in getting locals to make babies, I doublet we would be as intelligent as a nation as we are now.

(06-05-2022, 11:04 PM)Oyk Wrote:  The jhk cooking cai png and the Indian digging roads are certainly not FTs.  I was not talking about them.

Obviously I'm not referring to them. I'm referring to the many foreigners with a 'FT' tag on them. Some may be good, many are not. Many of the truly talented won't even stay here for good. Singapore is just a stepping stone for them.

(06-05-2022, 10:01 PM)winbig Wrote:  U really think Malaysians are working hard for Singapore? U R REALLY NAIVE.  Laughing

I do know they are here for the $$$$.

But you gotta give it to them, that at the workplace, they are hardworking lar.

No doubt they will not hesitate to backstab you in order to climb up, and suck up to whoever is the boss, very openly and obviously AND very shamelessly, but that does not detract from the truth that they work hard.

(06-05-2022, 11:12 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  Obviously I'm not referring to them. I'm referring to the many foreigners with a 'FT' tag on them. Some may be good, many are not. Many of the truly talented won't even stay here for good. Singapore is just a stepping stone for them.

So you are telling me that the MNCs which pumped in billions of dollars investing in Singapore are stupid to hire an idiot or conman from Malaysia and India when they should have given the jobs to that guy wearing green jersey?  Nice edmw logic, yours.

(06-05-2022, 11:18 PM)Oyk Wrote:  So you are telling me that the MNCs which pumped in billions of dollars investing in Singapore are stupid to hire an idiot or conman from Malaysia and India when they should have given the jobs to that guy wearing green jersey?  Nice edmw logic, yours.

Don't put words into my mouth. I didn't say they're idiots or conman. I just said they're not so extraordinary that they have to be labelled talents.

(06-05-2022, 11:07 PM)Oyk Wrote:  The improvement is due to import of FTs-new citizens.  They raised the national IQ.

If we had succeeded in getting locals to make babies, I doublet we would be as intelligent as a nation as we are now.

They raise the IQ and yet our GDP growth and prospect is declining.

Intelligence yet cannot produce any product that is recognizable in the world. 

and we still to depend 70s 80s core strength to survive.

Anyway the world is going to end of easy credit and profit , let see how can the hype sustain.

(06-05-2022, 09:15 PM)Oyk Wrote:  The government's job is to attract FDIs.....the MNCs, which it succeeded in doing with flying colours.

These MNCs chose Singapore and not Malaysia or Indonesia.

How did it do it?
1.  Fiscal policies....for eg preferential tax rates, or a competitive tax regime

2.  Stable government

3.  Ease of doing business

4.  Access to global talents.

Last point above:  the hiring is not done by PAP.  It is done by the MNCs.  It only stands to reason that a MNC would do a robust recruitment process after pumping billion of dollars here.  I know the popular joke - ah! get an Uptron degree and you will earn $66K a month.

Let's not be childish.

As to your last question, the answer is a resounding YESSSS!~ We did become a more intelligent nation.  We had been able to compete with countries far bigger than us only because our workforce is really composed of the best minds from around the world.

If you subscribe to the chanting:  Jobs for FTs, Grab food delivery for sinkies, and you want Pritam to be the PM, kick all the FTs out and give their jobs to the Grab deliveryman, let me put it bluntly, I shant mince words, it will be the fall of Singapore.
Let's not be childish. While hiring is not done by PAP, hiring policies or practises are shaped by PAP policies.

Yes, some might say if our policies are unfriendly, the job might just be ship out of Singapore. Then it bring to the next question. Is it better to have the job in Singapore, but taken by a FT, or the job is totally gone in Singapore? Everyone has a different answer to this.. For sure, your answer and mine will be different..

As for your answering with resounding YESSSS!~, the issue is how do you qualify and quantify that? To add more complexity to your YESSSS!~, how do we know the FT that we are bring in now are smarter and better in genes that the earlier batches of FT we brought in prior generation? If the FT that we used to bring in and settle in Sinkie land has IQ of 150 on average, are we measuring now the IQ of the new batch of FT? Are they above 150 or below? If we bring in below 150, we are making the nation dumber, not smarter based on your logic.

Jobs for FTs, Grab food delivery/security guards for sinkies is a valid chant.. If our local human resources are fully developed and utilized, we wouldn't be seeing so many local doing Grab food delivery/security guards. Did they do it willingly or unwillingly? So far, govt has not been able to give convincing answer on that.

1. I have served the nation in a combat unit for 2.5 + 10 years. I had fulfilled my duty as a citizen, but has the country do it's part for me?
2. I don't know where the threat of CCP is, but I know the threat of CECA is already at my doorsteps
3. I had been called a CCP, JHK, Pinoy, but they never called me a CECA..

(06-05-2022, 09:27 PM)Oyk Wrote:  The long and short of what you are saying from para one to para three is that Singapore would do better in terms of making babies.

And that cannot be disputed.

But we would be producing babies which are as much in demand as they are in Malaysia.  If this sentence sounds convoluted, let me rephrase it.  Malaysia does not lack labour.  She has lots of people.  What she lacks are FDIs.  MNCs are not going there; they are coming here.  So, if UMNO runs Singapore, we will have so much labour...which nobody wants...because when the workforce profile and the government are changed, MNCs will go elsewhere because then, Singapore is no longer Singapore.  It's just a mini Malaysia.

The long and short of what I say is if Singapore is run by UMNO, we will have more babies..

Of coz, what you say about FDI, no one can deny that because there are stat published for this, unless ones question the stats.

And it is not my job to think of solution to improve fertility rate for Singapore. There are well paid ministers who should be cracking their heads over it to justify their pay..

1. I have served the nation in a combat unit for 2.5 + 10 years. I had fulfilled my duty as a citizen, but has the country do it's part for me?
2. I don't know where the threat of CCP is, but I know the threat of CECA is already at my doorsteps

I think we need robot for it...

Likely also caused by Govt's plan for high Cost of Living so that only the rich can afford to have children. Thus, they must import more FTs to fill up the population by giving them jobs.

Win the World but lost your Soul. 

(06-05-2022, 11:49 PM)ArielCasper Wrote:  Let's not be childish. While hiring is not done by PAP, hiring policies or practises are shaped by PAP policies.

Yes, some might say if our policies are unfriendly, the job might just be ship out of Singapore. Then it bring to the next question. Is it better to have the job in Singapore, but taken by a FT, or the job is totally gone in Singapore? Everyone has a different answer to this.. For sure, your answer and mine will be different..

As for your answering with resounding YESSSS!~, the issue is how do you qualify and quantify that? To add more complexity to your YESSSS!~, how do we know the FT that we are bring in now are smarter and better in genes that the earlier batches of FT we brought in prior generation? If the FT that we used to bring in and settle in Sinkie land has IQ of 150 on average, are we measuring now the IQ of the new batch of FT? Are they above 150 or below? If we bring in below 150, we are making the nation dumber, not smarter based on your logic.

Jobs for FTs, Grab food delivery/security guards for sinkies is a valid chant.. If our local human resources are fully developed and utilized, we wouldn't be seeing so many local doing Grab food delivery/security guards. Did they do it willingly or unwillingly? So far, govt has not been able to give convincing answer on that.

You assume that if we create 10000 pmet jobs, we have 10000 sinkies who can do the job.

Till now you still don't realise how bad our TFR is.  Oh my RK!

We are so dependent on FTs because the boomers remained single, or only made one baby.  How many chewren do you have?  Be honest?  If you are not even married then own up, okay?

(07-05-2022, 10:02 PM)Oyk Wrote:  You assume that if we create 10000 pmet jobs, we have 10000 sinkies who can do the job.

Till now you still don't realise how bad our TFR is.  Oh my RK!

We are so dependent on FTs because the boomers remained single, or only made one baby.  How many chewren do you have?  Be honest?  If you are not even married then own up, okay?

If we create 10000 pmet jobs,  but we don't have 10000 sinkies to fill the job, then MOE is a failure because they can't churn out the resources needed..

Till now you have this kind of mentality, Oh my OYK!

As for asking me how many chewren do I have, who don't you tell us how many chewren you have, or are you even married or have a girlfriend.

(06-05-2022, 09:15 PM)Oyk Wrote:  The government's job is to attract FDIs.....the MNCs, which it succeeded in doing with flying colours.

PAP Failed badly

Every country is also attracting FDIs but not at the expense of citizens

PAP are Traitors

Vote them out.

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 

(08-05-2022, 06:09 PM)ArielCasper Wrote:  If we create 10000 pmet jobs,  but we don't have 10000 sinkies to fill the job, then MOE is a failure because they can't churn out the resources needed..

Till now you have this kind of mentality, Oh my OYK!

As for asking me how many chewren do I have, who don't you tell us how many chewren you have, or are you even married or have a girlfriend.

Married, two boys one girl.

The rest of your post is just trolling and arguing for the sake of arguing.

I shant waste more time on you who are too ashamed to answer my question.

Oh well...it's kind of embarrassing if you have to admit that you masturbate or look for a prostitute every time you have the urge..