LED vs non LED light bulb

(15-03-2023, 08:45 AM)teaserteam Wrote:  Not recommended.  The aluminum will only short the circuit of the broken LED and the rest of the LED will have an increase in operating voltage that will eventually burn them out or shorten their life. Better to replace the broken LED element with another one or with another resistor.

You can use a resistor or use pencil to draw on the spoilt led position.

The higher voltage is distributed so should not be that bad...the higher voltage compensate for the missing led in terms of brightness.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(15-03-2023, 09:34 AM)theold Wrote:  If they make lights that can last a lifetime, they will soon file for bankruptcy.

That is true..............the company that  manufacture such lights will go burst eventually.............. Big Grin

I think good fluorescent bulb last much longer than cheap LEDs...my living room got 2 lightings, one fluorescent bulb 15 yrs only changed 3 times, while the LED one changed 3 times in 2 yrs.

疫苗可以不打, 手枪一定要打!
疫苗可以不注射, 精子一定要远射!

(15-03-2023, 10:19 AM)ODA TETSURO Wrote:  I think good fluorescent bulb last much longer than cheap LEDs...my living room got 2 lightings, one fluorescent bulb 15 yrs only changed 3 times, while the LED one changed 3 times in 2 yrs.

That should not be the case, if good quality LED lamps are installed.......................... Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes debono's post

(15-03-2023, 10:20 AM)debono Wrote:  That should not be the case, if good quality LED lamps are installed.......................... Big Grin

Yup....those bought online are cheap and lasted few months only, I bought the latest LED from hardware store, much better.

疫苗可以不打, 手枪一定要打!
疫苗可以不注射, 精子一定要远射!

(15-03-2023, 10:23 AM)ODA TETSURO Wrote:  Yup....those bought online are cheap and lasted few months only, I bought the latest LED from hardware store, much better.

Now we are in the same wavelength........................... Big Grin

(15-03-2023, 06:30 AM)K88 shu shu Wrote:  LED - $20 minimum and skill to fit it.

non LED tube - $4 the most. simply replacement any tom dick or hairy can do it.

yes..............the long type of LED light tube like quite difficult to remove and replace with new one........... crying

(15-03-2023, 10:25 AM)debono Wrote:  Now we are in the same wavelength........................... Big Grin

Actually why those fluorescent lamps still selling because the transformer can last many many years, my home still got fluorescent because the transformer lasted for over 15 yrs still strong.

疫苗可以不打, 手枪一定要打!
疫苗可以不注射, 精子一定要远射!

(14-03-2023, 11:01 PM)debono Wrote:  Are you sure,  I don't hear of this phenomenon............................. Big Grin

read it on a tech website long ago..............LED will cause permanent eye damage ............

Those halogen spotlights better change to led types. Too hot, waste energy, not long lasting and expensive

(15-03-2023, 09:42 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  You can use a resistor or use pencil to draw on the spoilt led position.

The higher voltage is distributed so should not be that bad...the higher voltage compensate for the missing led in terms of brightness.

Do not advise pple to do the same as shown in yr YouTube.  Their voltage is 110 v. ours is 220 volt. Depending on yr luck and circuit design ,  quite likely u will get a shock when touching the metal part. Do it without power

(15-03-2023, 11:37 AM)teaserteam Wrote:  Do not advise pple to do the same as shown in yr YouTube.  Their voltage is 110 v. ours is 220 volt. Depending on yr luck and circuit design ,  quite likely u will get a shock when touching the metal part.  Do it without power
Using pencil might not work long. AN led consumes about 1 to 5 mA depending on design and brightness. At 3 volt, tt is around 3 to 15 mW power going thro’.

(15-03-2023, 11:06 AM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  Those halogen spotlights better change to led types. Too hot, waste energy, not long lasting and expensive

My 16-yr-old IKEA halogen chandelier still nice and warm... Laughing

疫苗可以不打, 手枪一定要打!
疫苗可以不注射, 精子一定要远射!

Thanks for sharing your insights about LED vs. non-LED light bulbs. It's always good to know the potential consequences of tinkering with electronics. Your advice about replacing the broken LED element or using a resistor makes sense to maintain the circuit's integrity. Speaking of lighting, I'm currently in the middle of a home renovation project, and I'm on the lookout for a unique selection of bubble chandeliers to spruce up my dining area. Lighting can really make or break the ambiance of a room, don't you think? It's fascinating how a well-chosen fixture can transform the entire space.

(14-03-2023, 09:16 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  [Image: OFu01NV.jpg]

Left one is non LED $3.50 13W Compact flourescent (CFL)
Right one is LED $7.90 9W (equivalent 18W)

The lifespans of LED is 10 times CFL.
The price  is 2.3X

LED is 50% more energy efficient.

I just don't see any case to buy CFL....CFL should disappear from the market completely...but strangely shops are still selling more CFL than LED judging from the number of CFL bulbs on the shelf is double that of LED.

how do u know??? now most shop sell LED,, CFL light is out of fashion..

go ahead and switch to led..

(15-03-2023, 10:37 AM)Napoleon Porlumpar Wrote:  read it on a tech website long ago..............LED will cause permanent eye damage ............

mobile phone cause brain cancer, then how??? fast food cause heart diseases, how??? 

u post here also can cause ppl to fxxxk u , how??? LOL

not advisable to use after urSoul is captured corona investigation
[Image: Screenshot-2023-12-02-at-04-50-53-URGENT...ysis-C.png]
[Image: Screenshot-2023-12-02-at-04-53-30-What-s...blower.png]

(14-03-2023, 09:16 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  [Image: OFu01NV.jpg]

Left one is non LED $3.50 13W Compact flourescent (CFL)
Right one is LED $7.90 9W (equivalent 18W)

The lifespans of LED is 10 times CFL.
The price  is 2.3X

LED is 50% more energy efficient.

I just don't see any case to buy CFL....CFL should disappear from the market completely...but strangely shops are still selling more CFL than LED judging from the number of CFL bulbs on the shelf is double that of LED.
The Led light is cost higher.....why use it ?

Why you said our eyesight will be damaged if see much LED light ? ....

beri likely led of various kinds r deployed in Mind-control of cos not in your home limited not dat totally safe limited ranges u need it to be like playing piano
like God bombarding u into existence in 3D Dat by the way are in the trillions per second

if u want to know u need become a studyboy
there r 3 level of corona
1. sudden death
2. mind control
3. Jesus coming

[Image: Screenshot-20231202-080351-Shopee-SG.jpg]

Nowadays LED downlights like these very cheap, only $3 to $5. If spoilt, change the drivers each $1 to $2

(02-12-2023, 08:09 AM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  [Image: Screenshot-20231202-080351-Shopee-SG.jpg]

Nowadays LED downlights like these very cheap, only $3 to $5. If spoilt, change the drivers each $1 to $2

replacing the led lights is not cheap.

(02-12-2023, 08:12 AM)K88 shu shu Wrote:  replacing the led lights is not cheap.

$3 to $5 is not cheap? Some can use for 3 to 5 yrs or more, and most of the time just replace the driver $1 to $2 each

I'd just changed 12 of them for under $50. If engaged a contractor, each would cost $30 plus transportation

LED will better and not warn also.