Something brewing in Nanofilm?

https://www.businesstimes.com.sg/stocks/...arket-open

There is no right or wrong decisions. 
One only has to bear the consequences that one makes  Big Grin

COO resigned. CEO resigned just a couple of months(?) earlier.

Results not as good as expected by most (but expected by me and I am still wondering why they expected the results to be good with the chip shortage)

But some nice kopi lui today for me so not complaining.
[+] 1 user Likes Levin's post

(16-08-2021, 10:13 AM)Galilo_l Wrote:  https://www.businesstimes.com.sg/stocks/...arket-open

I am out at $4.40

I purchased the stock at $5...saw it go all the way up to $6+.

I am usually unfazed when stock falls.

But after sudden removal of key executive ....it tells me something is very wrong....and to just dump.

Right now not sure what...but can be something very serious.

Base on the selling and lack of any buying they appear to be holding back info so insiders can sell and get out.

I won't be surprised if it goes below $4 and just keep sinking.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
[+] 1 user Likes sgbuffett's post

Also many trading Gurus told followers to buy in the base forming region and many of such traders use CFD and margin. to keep buying and follow the trend up. They will see sudden death as a 25% fall wipes out equity and force them out of their positions.

[Image: AjkUYrM.jpg]

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

wasnt there someone pumping nanofilms in old forum?

When one of the chiefs bought a multi million GCB, it is time to sell.
[+] 1 user Likes Stoki's post

(16-08-2021, 10:13 AM)Galilo_l Wrote:  https://www.businesstimes.com.sg/stocks/...arket-open
Was contemplating to buy this stock abt 2 mths ago as there was some good write-out on this counter.  But, dreaded becos it is a Temasick-link counter. Lucky never get in.
[+] 1 user Likes Gemstar's post

(16-08-2021, 10:59 AM)Gemstar Wrote:  Was contemplating to buy this stock abt 2 mths ago as there was some good write-out on this counter.  But, dreaded becos it is a Temasick-link counter. Lucky never get in.

Yes usually when they write until so good the reverse will occur...

[+] 1 user Likes Galilo_l's post

(16-08-2021, 10:57 AM)Stoki Wrote:  When one of the chiefs bought a multi million GCB, it is time to sell.

https://www.straitstimes.com/business/pr...-for-1288m

(16-08-2021, 11:03 AM)Galilo_l Wrote:  https://www.straitstimes.com/business/pr...-for-1288m

Cash out and enjoy....leave the company to underlings.

Stock gyrates....bough at $2-$3 still make but those who chase it up to $6+ are looking at big losses

https://i.imgur.com/8B38YwS.jpg

(16-08-2021, 11:05 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Cash out and enjoy....leave the company to underlings.

Will it be like Hyfluck??

(16-08-2021, 11:07 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Stock gyrates....bough at $2-$3 still make but those who chase it up to $6+ are looking at big losses

https://i.imgur.com/8B38YwS.jpg

That's y I dun chase stocks... either dun understand d business or can deploy to other stocks one can understand... preparing a warchest or do nothing aso not bad

(16-08-2021, 11:08 AM)Stoki Wrote:  Will it be like Hyfluck??

Probably not. But the "growth story" ....already crashed...the stock is at PE 48 and if there is no e ough growth to drive it the stock is worth $1-$2 region.

The way analyst write one gets impression this company is just starting its growth journey....but results is more like journey already over.

If journey over, then all the growth model valuation crash ...stock is a $1-$2 stock.

Beware of another rocket
... Ifast

(16-08-2021, 11:11 AM)Galilo_l Wrote:  That's y I dun chase stocks... either dun understand d business or can deploy to other stocks one can understand... preparing a warchest or do nothing aso not bad

This is just only the beginning of downtrend for this counter.  More to come.  I never ever want to involve in any Temasick counters.  Maybe, only DBS can consider.  The rest is a no no. I hv seen endless counters of Temasick linked-stocks which are either delisted and even suspended.

ceo resigned for supposed health reason, founder will take charge from next week. coo resigned also, seems like a culture problem. founder was entreprenuer of year in 2017. could be interesting if it goes back down to low $3.

Medtec is another one today.

(16-08-2021, 11:33 AM)1shot1kil Wrote:  ceo resigned for supposed health reason, founder will take charge from next week. coo resigned also, seems like a culture problem. founder was entreprenuer of year in 2017. could be interesting if it goes back down to low $3.

Health problem that may be just excuses.in reality something else brewing....

(16-08-2021, 11:50 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Health problem that may be just excuses.in reality something else brewing....

could be founder has hard personality cant exist well with executives. that’s a problem but is not an issue with the product. could be good value if it drops low

(16-08-2021, 11:44 AM)Levin Wrote:  Medtec is another one today.

Knee jerk reactions to result... can buy for kopi money... one year low price...
[Image: think-166.gif]
https://www.businesstimes.com.sg/stocks/...h1-results

(16-08-2021, 11:32 AM)Gemstar Wrote:  This is just only the beginning of downtrend for this counter.  More to come.  I never ever want to involve in any Temasick counters.  Maybe, only DBS can consider.  The rest is a no no.  I hv seen endless counters of Temasick linked-stocks which are either delisted and even suspended.

Possible... after xd

[+] 1 user Likes Galilo_l's post

Probably like Creative Technologies and Hyflux. Founder is the engineer type with not enough business savvy. Outside managers can't change the culture and so leave.
[+] 1 user Likes starbugs's post

(16-08-2021, 01:08 PM)starbugs Wrote:  Probably like Creative Technologies and Hyflux. Founder is the engineer type with not enough business savvy. Outside managers can't change the culture and so leave.

Founders have a hard time letting go to financial or operational types.

(16-08-2021, 11:02 AM)Galilo_l Wrote:  Yes usually when they write until so good the reverse will occur...
Never trusts analysts. Trust yourself to do some self analysis and homework. Wonder how much are they paid to write all that good stuffs?
[+] 1 user Likes Gemstar's post

Next Ifast Akan datang … standby to short goa gao Huaaaaat aghhhh!!!!

(16-08-2021, 12:04 PM)1shot1kil Wrote:  could be founder has hard personality cant exist well with executives. that’s a problem but is not an issue with the product. could be good value if it drops low

Could be founder wants to be ceo so pressure him to do lots of things

the only one thing in the founder mind is a GCB....the rest is really history now... haha....

Nanofilm Technologies tumbled on Monday after posting underwhelming first-half results and the sudden resignation of chief operating officer Ricky Tan, wiping out more than $460 million from the net worth of company founder Shi Xu.

Shares of the maker of wear-resistant carbon coating used in products such as auto parts, optical lenses and smartphones sank 29% to close at S$4.25, the biggest decline since Nanofilm listed in October. Investors were disappointed after the company reported on Friday that its net profit slipped 3.1% to S$17.9 million ($13.2 million) from a year ago even as revenue increased 24% to S$96.6 million.

Since its market debut at an IPO price of S$2.59, Nanofilm shares more than doubled—touching a record high of S$6.53 on July 26—and then retreating. The rally boosted Shi’s net worth, catapulting him to the just published Singapore’s Rich List with a net worth of $1.8 billion.

Following the disappointing first-half results, John Cheong, head of small and mid cap equities research at UOB-Kay Hian in Singapore, told Forbes Asia he will cut his earnings estimates significantly and downgrade his buy recommendation on the stock.

While the sudden resignation of Tan—less than two months after the chief executive and executive director Lee Liang Huang resigned due to health reasons—is not a key concern, Cheong said: “The worry is the company may not be able to deliver. The valuation multiples are very high.”

The company’s first-half net profit accounted for just 21% of the average full year 2021 net profit estimate of S$84.9 by eight analysts, according to data compiled by Bloomberg. The analysts’ average price target for Nanofilm is S$6.09, the data showed.

Nanofilm executive chairman Shi said on Friday the company is gearing up for future growth with the commissioning of a new manufacturing facility in Shanghai and new projects in the pipeline. “We are building our business pipeline with strategic projects in existing and new markets that aim to take shape beyond 2021,” Shi said in a statement.

Shi started the company while working as an associate professor at Nanyang Technological University’s School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, which provided seed funding; it was spun off from the Singapore university in 1999. He and his wife Jin Xiao Qun, an assistant vice president at the company, moved to Singapore from China in 1991.

Without growth PE has to get to 15 to 20 to even be reasonably price we can be looking at below $3 ...even at $2 for me it will be hard to buy.

[Image: kBrA4WE.jpg]