Speaker of Parliament Tan Chuan-Jin apologises

Speaker of Parliament Tan Chuan-Jin apologises for using unparliamentary language 

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapor...072023_cna
[+] 1 user Likes cityhantam's post

Will PM Lee Hsien Loong say that he did nothing wrong?

Confused
[+] 2 users Like ODA TETSURO's post

He had also apologized verbally several times for interrupting oppo MPs speaking in parliament.

This guy is totally unfit to be a neutral speaker.

And the person who picked such a rubbish, is just as unfit to be the PM.
[+] 10 users Like Alice Alicia's post

(11-07-2023, 09:48 AM)Alice Alicia Wrote:  He had also apologized verbally several times for interrupting oppo MPs speaking in parliament.

This guy is totally unfit to be a neutral speaker.

And the person who picked such a rubbish, is just as unfit to be the PM.
Most PAP ministers losing their integrity and became arrogant because of power under good hands of useless PM.

Confused
[+] 6 users Like ODA TETSURO's post

In conclusion, we know that a dog, which hv no qualities, wil anyhow barks.
[+] 5 users Like Gemstar's post

Learn from china wolf warrior

(11-07-2023, 11:16 AM)grotesqueness Wrote:  Learn from china wolf warrior

Who

Smile

(11-07-2023, 11:25 AM)Niubee Wrote:  Who

Your lan jiao tao is one of them loh

no quality minister from LHL side,  all wait for monthly salary paid by us. LHL can cut down your useless minister or not. Like that spent, our children will have to paid for life for your useless and high cost of minister. some more still have mayor that suck our money for no purpose. one clown is more than enough, still want them to dance along.

no COI to debate for 2 months ?

(11-07-2023, 10:10 AM)ODA TETSURO Wrote:  Most PAP ministers losing their integrity and became arrogant because of power under good hands of useless PM.

weak leader PM is losing control over men under him.

2 kekleng ministers rent bw bungalow under their charge without seeking his approval first.

speaker of parliament using the F* word in parliament.
[+] 1 user Likes K88 shu shu's post

he should be ban from parliament PERMANENTLY
[+] 1 user Likes singaporean1964's post

(11-07-2023, 09:25 AM)cityhantam Wrote:  Speaker of Parliament Tan Chuan-Jin apologises for using unparliamentary language 

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapor...072023_cna

Personally I don't think this is really that big of a deal, just the usual PAP elitist attitude. Like I've always said, probably all of the PAP higher ups think this way, but only CCS is candid enough to do it right in front of everyone's face and he got the most flak. The rest of his PAP colleagues probably think the same but most wayang to show how "people oriented" they are.

However what really impressed me from this saga is Jamus and the WP did not kick up a ruckus despite this unforced error from TCJ. In fact we now know that even after TCJ personally apologized to Jamus, neither the latter nor the WP brought this up. We only know this through TCJ's own public admission.

This suggests to me that the WP's organizational maturity is up to par while Jamus's emotional stability and capability to hold himself is there. If the same thing had happened to any other oppo party, the people involved would have jumped up and down like baboons screaming for blood or at least make some corny statement painting themselves as victims being looked down upon by the PAP elites.
[+] 3 users Like maxsanic's post

(11-07-2023, 11:42 AM)maxsanic Wrote:  Personally I don't think this is really that big of a deal, just the usual PAP elitist attitude. Like I've always said, probably all of the PAP higher ups think this way, but only CCS is candid enough to do it right in front of everyone's face and he got the most flak. The rest of his PAP colleagues probably think the same but most wayang to show how "people oriented" they are.

However what really impressed me from this saga is Jamus and the WP did not kick up a ruckus despite this unforced error from TCJ. In fact we now know that even after TCJ personally apologized to Jamus, neither the latter nor the WP brought this up. We only know this through TCJ's own public admission.

This suggests to me that the WP's organizational maturity is up to par while Jamus's emotional stability and capability to hold himself is there. If the same thing had happened to any other oppo party, the people involved would have jumped up and down like baboons screaming for blood or at least make some corny statement painting themselves as victims being looked down upon by the PAP elites.

There is some rumors on the ground WP is a PAP-lite in disguise. So if this is so can understand why WP never kick up a fuss as they are same eventually. Since same must help each other out.

(11-07-2023, 04:08 PM)sgh Wrote:  There is some rumors on the ground WP is a PAP-lite in disguise. So if this is so can understand why WP never kick up a fuss as they are same eventually. Since same must help each other out.

Dont think that is true. Give due credit to PS & gang lah

(11-07-2023, 04:08 PM)sgh Wrote:  There is some rumors on the ground WP is a PAP-lite in disguise. So if this is so can understand why WP never kick up a fuss as they are same eventually. Since same must help each other out.

Yea, people who are peddeling this narrative are usually the hardcore anti-PAP voters or sometimes the PAP themselves who like to insinuate that. That is why ill-disciplined opposition parties often fall prey to this cheering by the minority but vocal virulent anti-PAP crowd - they become so enamored with the adoration given by this iron fanbase that they've lost track of how to actually go about winning power at the constituency and national level.

Personally I don't think anyone should bother about this real or fake opposition dichotomy. Firstly there is no real way to prove or disprove otherwise, it's just another senseless I say you say argument. At the end of the day political parties and their politicians are simply tools for citizens to get their point across, if having more PAP-lite WP members to effect changes in certain policies is the will of Singaporeans then so be it.

Anyway the nature of politics is that even if WP really started off as some sort of PAP in disguise, once they reach a critical mass to actually have a shot at seizing power, the entire dynamic will change regardless of how things started. The world is not short of dogs biting their owners or former servants turning the tables on their masters.

So tame the term “unparliamentary language”.  If it was an oppo MP caught using the same term, it will be broadcast as opposition MP spewing vulgarities during Parliamentary proceedings Laughing

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin
[+] 2 users Like p1acebo's post

its true what people say

you reveal your true character when you think no one is watching or in this case, no one can hear you

he is just one of those
look good on outside
rotten to the core inside

money and power so waht?

scum character

You have 4 user(s) on ignore
Somme road, alerts,  Choc,  winbig

Foo Mee Har is my sister in law - FACT
https://linktr.ee/freckydoodles
http://www.yuffy.com/trial/clippings.html

(11-07-2023, 06:43 PM)p1acebo Wrote:  So tame the term “unparliamentary language”.  If it was an oppo MP caught using the same term, it will be broadcast as opposition MP spewing vulgarities during Parliamentary proceedings Laughing

Ling How Doong : "Don't talk cock in parliament. "

https://www.reddit.com/r/singapore/comme...k_cock_in/
[+] 1 user Likes RichDad's post

xiasuay and disgrace to the title of Speaker of ParLEEment.

Those rumours are from losers like Lim Tean, GMS, etc lah.

(12-07-2023, 06:48 AM)winbig Wrote:  Those rumours are from losers like Lim Tean, GMS, etc lah.

You PAP and MOH plp, better keep quiet

还没轮到你说话!

So, it has been proven that the The Honorable Speaker is not neutral. Doesn’t bode well for TCJ and his career going forward. Ruling party too… so soon after the Ridout saga.

Tainted goods Big Grin

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

孔子也有骂人的时候,
要学习孔子怎么骂人lah

朽木不可雕也,粪土之墙不可圬也。

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

(12-07-2023, 06:57 AM)Sentinel Wrote:  You PAP and MOH plp, better keep quiet

还没轮到你说话!

U must be one of  those losers mentioned.  Rotfl

(12-07-2023, 07:13 AM)winbig Wrote:  U must be one of  those losers mentioned.  Rotfl

You say losers mean losers ah?

What is your BIG name?

not much value. just diverting attention from other issues.

i m more concern with the ministry if education issue of foreign workers drivers quota.

ministry of man power should be the center for issue of any foreign worker quota. this type of over stepping of power, mixing authority will make work of mom difficult.

(12-07-2023, 07:26 AM)Sentinel Wrote:  You say losers mean losers ah?

What is your BIG name?

I know u r Lim Tean. Lost the last election and also lost the deposit.  Rotfl

(12-07-2023, 07:28 AM)winbig Wrote:  I know u r Lim Tean. Lost the last election and also lost the deposit.  Rotfl

pls don't derail this thread.

Interesting that the porlampars and sniveling sycophants so quiet this time round in the latest saga Big Grin

[+] 1 user Likes p1acebo's post