TSL : Competition and a globalise workforce will enhance skills of S'poreans

Dr Tan added that Singapore needs to tap global talent to meet skill shortages, especially in areas like cyber-security and portfolio - a process that will in turn enhance the skills of local workers.

https://www.straitstimes.com/business/ba...o-take-up/

It's very thoughtful of govt to bring in external talents enhance our skills.

Well done!!! Clapping

Are they going to scrap off Skills Future since FTs enhance our skills??

Win the World but lost your Soul. 

If the PSP WP and opposition did not speak up on the plight of Singaporeans workers would the PAP have done anything?

I don't think so.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
[+] 2 users Like sgbuffett's post

Joker. Take in so many unskilled FTrs. How to enhance sinkees skill???

8Umbrella Umbrella
[+] 1 user Likes klat's post

so clearly they want u to be stressed out!
[+] 1 user Likes menghuii's post

very jialat, I look down on PAP.

for 20 years, PAP does not bother to train enough IT talents and depend on importing IT talents from India.

Just import Education Minister from india to solve this 20 years' problem.
[+] 1 user Likes forum456's post

(04-09-2021, 12:19 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  If the PSP WP and opposition did not speak up on the plight of Singaporeans workers would the PAP have done anything?

I don't think so.

even if PAP comes up with something, it is very short term.
PAP will say that a new program will train locals for 2 years.
after 2 years, the program will be closed and PAP will continue to import talents due to local shortage.
This whole process has been repeated for past 20 years.
[+] 1 user Likes forum456's post

Hopeless Minister.

We do not need so many FTs to make us valid.

We do not need so many FTs to create lousy jobs.

We do not need so many FTs to enhance our skills.

We do not need so many FTs to be called Globalization.

Sack Tan SL, please!

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 
[+] 1 user Likes Ola's post

The minister is imply we need to import more to enhance our skills because we are a talent deficit country.

Everyday we are insulted

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
[+] 1 user Likes sgbuffett's post

(04-09-2021, 09:53 PM)Ola Wrote:  No point repeating the same lame excuse when it is PAP that cannot manage anything all the while.

Sounds nice but you cannot manage. Nothing to do with the system.

[Image: LHL-faith-in-globalisation-2021.png]

I waant a leader who does not have blind faith in ideas.
Free trade and globalisation all have pros and cons.

That is why British people voted to leave EU...and Americans voted for trump to tear up trade deals

(04-09-2021, 09:53 PM)Ola Wrote:  No point repeating the same lame excuse when it is PAP that cannot manage anything all the while.

Sounds nice but you cannot manage. Nothing to do with the system.

All the PnP know is TKSS only

8Umbrella Umbrella

what sectors it enhance?

He learnt bad habits from his mentor, both anyhow shooooot blank, too.

Nobody has issues on tapping global talent. But sadly,  maybe half are not even Talents.

Why BS month after mth? 

Cannot convince, cannot confuse and now try to connive?

[+] 1 user Likes Ola's post

(04-09-2021, 12:19 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  If the PSP WP and opposition did not speak up on the plight of Singaporeans workers would the PAP have done anything?

I don't think so.
They are fearful when Oppositions speak up. So, they finds all ways to subdue them. Showing of colourful datas,  comparing with other countries, giving excuses, dismiss claims, etc.,

Finally we got someone who is talking sense and it does not imply that the previous previous is bad, ok? 

If the fish smells fishy then you bring in the salt and make salted fish and that is the correct thing to do?

You see Sg was for a long time a pirate fishing port before AngMoh Sir Stamford Raffles founded Singapore?

So with foreign talent, Sg now got Raffles Institution RJC and Hwa Chong which may have studied some English (otherwise how to spell Hwa Chong) along the way to make Singapore great again and again? 

Don’t forget LKY went to England and imported the knowhow and turned this country into a jewel?

So even if the minority has lots of complaints so what?

Because it is the votes that count and majority wins correct or not?

'Real Quality' is what Sg needs in foreign talent imports, and there should be a clear understanding of what is a 'foreign talent' and what is a 'foreign worker' correct?

Addicted to mass importing? Thinking
Song Boh!

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

[Image: ceca-edmw.gif]

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

So in your gif above, the dog is happy enjoying the ride?

TSL = teo ser luck

Singapore needs to tap global talent to meet skill shortages, especially in areas like mp, cabinet ministers, pm and ep - a process that will in turn enhance the future of singaporean

1. I have served the nation in a combat unit for 2.5 + 10 years. I had fulfilled my duty as a citizen, but has the country do it's part for me?
2. I don't know where the threat of CCP is, but I know the threat of CECA is already at my doorsteps
3. I had been called a CCP, JHK, Pinoy, but they never called me a CECA..
[+] 2 users Like ArielCasper's post

But after so many years of 'globalization', Sg cyber-security skill not really leading
South East Asia. Lead is more due to infrastructure spend.
There is no known success figure, company or products.

Or is his predecessors not doing a good job in knowledge transfer?
[+] 1 user Likes watchfirst9's post

(21-09-2021, 07:49 PM)watchfirst9 Wrote:  But after so many years of 'globalization', Sg  cyber-security skill not really leading

Singapore is not a good place to do tech. Compared with Israel, which also has a small population, Singapore simply cannot make it. Our education does not promote curiosity. Only when a person is curious then he'll be interested to know more, and be able to innovate upon the knowledge he gained.

Already said many times.
Relying foreign 'talent' on cyber-security? Is like passing your safe key to someone and tell them to help guard your valuables.
They can help and at the same time they can destroy.

Just imagine if one of them got bribe and plant malicious worm into the system?
some worms takes months or years to crawl into the main core, and antivirus cannot detect abnormal system behavior.
Moreover are they really that talented or they are cheaper to hire?
[+] 1 user Likes wulala's post

(04-09-2021, 07:24 AM)BigBossX Wrote:  Dr Tan added that Singapore needs to tap global talent to meet skill shortages, especially in areas like cyber-security and portfolio - a process that will in turn enhance the skills of local workers.

https://www.straitstimes.com/business/ba...o-take-up/
Cyber security demand up when global slowing?

(21-09-2021, 07:49 PM)watchfirst9 Wrote:  But after so many years of 'globalization', Sg  cyber-security skill not really leading

We import EXCESS . . .only not to be fishing village, LOL.

And import CECA who are mostly IT . . . .only to be Copy Cats.

Even Japan can build Floating Airport @ Osaka that serves dozens of international flights everyday.

S. Korean even use AI to track covid cases on a timely manner.

Singapore ?!@

If IT and finance are helmed by 3rd world FTs. Tell me what skills daft sinkees need to hone when our education system is already world class
[+] 1 user Likes Harry Lee's post

Do we need 3rd Class FTs to hone our skills?

I doubt most of them can compliment us.

Win the World but lost your Soul. 

Why don’t let them be MPs maybe can run better they have experience in their own country.