Tan Kin Lian : My Update on Johor Propeety Investments

https://www.tiktok.com/@kinliantan750/vi...3745137938?

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Omg he made lost in FC, still think it is all right for Singaporean to buy?
What kind of investment is this?
Price not going up and dropping...🤣

Maybe his opposition supporters and LT, TCB, TCS should follow up his property sale campaign. Buy JB.. Big Grin

(30-09-2023, 01:35 PM)moonrab Wrote:  Omg he made lost in FC, still think it is all right for Singaporean to buy?
What kind of investment is this?
Price not going up and dropping...🤣

Maybe his opposition supporters and LT, TCB, TCS should follow up his property sale campaign. Buy JB.. Big Grin

Because now half price.....75k throw away apartment go every 2 weeks like him also have a good feel

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(30-09-2023, 01:40 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Because now half price.....75k throw away apartment go every 2 weeks like him also have a good feel

What a waste of money. 
I really don't believe any opposition supporters will still support him. For selling JB property to Singaporean non stop.

What is his reason behind it?🤔

(30-09-2023, 02:39 PM)moonrab Wrote:  What a waste of money. 
I really don't believe any opposition supporters will still support him. For selling JB property to Singaporean non stop.

What is his reason behind it?🤔

He is just giving a view.

I used to think JB propeprty is bad sure lose if need to stay there better off renting.

But given the RTS development...and Singapore's rising cost my view is shifting.

The reason is this in next 10-20yrs 
, many Singaporeans will have no choice but to live there..
That will put it in demand.

However, you still need to pick the right investments and locations to optimise the risk.....I think forest city is a bad pick.
It is far out too far from CIQ.

Looks like he regrets he didn't buy princess cove instead. He'd mentioned pc a few times

TKL could be giving useful advise to those badly hit by inflation here. I read someone posted a condo in FC currently cost $75K. If that is true it is not a bad idea to buy one unit and move to stay in JB and enjoy the low cost of living with your strong Singing Dollar by renting out your million dollar HDB flat. If you stay there for 10 years, your housing cost there is only $7,500 per year. Imagine the amount of money you save by escaping the inflation caused by the PAP govt here.  If I am 10 years younger I might throw in $75k to take up a property there.  Big Grin

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung
[+] 1 user Likes Huliwang's post

(30-09-2023, 02:55 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  He is just giving a view.

I used to think JB propeprty is bad sure lose if need to stay there better off renting.

But given the RTS development...and Singapore's rising cost my view is shifting.

The reason is this in next 10-20yrs 
, many Singaporeans will have no choice but to live there..
That will put it in demand.

However, you still need to pick the right investments and locations to optimise the risk.....I think forest city is a bad pick.
It is far out too far from CIQ.

Let me share some experience with you.
Most of the richie I know lost money in Malaysia property. Since 1980s...
Especially the condominium. Even in KL, no resale value and rental returns.

Many problem with the Strata title and maintenance management. 
Big country with plenty of land, Property investment is no good.
And JB is not a hot area for Malaysia property market.

With the political situation in Malaysia, and upcoming PAS, no serious investors will park money over there.
Unless they migrate to Malaysia, that is a different story.

And for the Malaysian locals, they normally don't touch condominium. To them, it is a waste of money over a tiny Cage Home.
Better invest in landed property with garden and 3 or 2 storey house.
So you can forget about making a profit form your condominium in JB, by selling to the locals.
[+] 2 users Like moonrab's post

https://www.edgeprop.sg/property-news/sh...ale-20-mil

These ones are better

(30-09-2023, 01:40 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Because now half price.....75k throw away apartment go every 2 weeks like him also have a good feel

Bought already.  Can't rent out. Visit & stay every 2 weeks to
claim its worth.

JB property is for own stay if want to retire in JB. There's really no investment value lah. Rental, can't fetch a good price, property value will not appreciate because Malaysia got lots of land.
[+] 1 user Likes winbig's post

Aiya small amount of money to him. Aso can't buy anything decent in sg with that small amount of money.

Now d15 are going for $2500 to $2800 psf. And will be $3000 psf soon

Another view is this Singapore Dream is to own a condo is no longer attainable in Singapore.

You go JB you buy one ...never mind don't appreciate cannot rent out etc. It is after all younown home, you can stay there anytime you want and enjoy the life of condo living something you can never have in Singapore.

[+] 1 user Likes sgbuffett's post

Yalo. If he kept the money in banks, can see can't touch, likely to be given away as inheritance.

Dun be surprised more Singaporeans might buy a unit and move to JB to stay when the inflation here bites into their bones.  Big Grin

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung

Must have existing network in Johor [kakis, relatives etc] then can consider living there. Biggest headache is security and medical treatment issue, otherwise many oredy upsticks and relocate to affordable housing and motoring. Living expenses, food and stuff ony slightly lower dan Sinpwn . You have to do your own maths to decide if it is worth relocating in the long run.

It's a natural phenomenon that residents move away from city centers to the outskirt areas when more immigrants are flowing in with costs of livings rising. Jb is singkees' most affordable choice loh

Note Johor got many lands so they can keep building so if one intend buy and sell flip profit think twice. Buy and live ok. Even rental can be hard to find tenants. Next is security set aside every year some makan suap monies. Unless you so good won't infringe any law else kena quite common especially CNY period they see we celebrate they also wanna celebrate.

Forest City build on reclaimed land and most of the units are lease to workers working at the nearby Tanjung Pelepas Port at very low rental rate due to its "ghost town" status

Shop with Health Shop !
https://iherb.co/BeaDs49

Don't forget if you live in JB. You need a car, without one, it is hopeless and very dangerous. 

Buy a 75k condominium but must also need to buy a 160k car. For Singaporean, it is stupid actually.

(30-09-2023, 06:18 PM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  Yalo. If I kept the money in banks, can see can't touch, likely to be given away as inheritance.

No weapons that forms against me shall prosper
No tongue that rises against me I shall condemn 
☝️