Tan See Leng makes contribution of $1m to support women pursuing Stem careers

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/t...em-careers

SINGAPORE - Women pursuing careers in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (Stem) will get a boost with a $1 million gift from Manpower Minister Tan See Leng.

He said the endowment was inspired by knowing and working with many talented and capable women from fields such as medicine, pharmacy and chemical engineering, in announcing the personal contribution on Thursday (April 7) at Nanyang Technological University (NTU).

If i m lw i will pick tsl as dpm,
Not oyk or ccs, i don't find the 2 suitable, just my own opinion, don't know about you

Generous and magnanimous Minister. 赞👍

Well done Mr Tan.
Own pocket money for this fund.
Hopefully mps and ministers will follow suit.

This man got heart

Smile

(03-05-2022, 03:40 PM)Niubee Wrote:  This man got heart

Yes, agree.

At least he did not cry like a baby

This idiot Siah- Suay is out!

But I will still not vote for PAP.

Big Grin

[Image: Shawn-Huang-Croc-tears-2022.png]

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 
[+] 1 user Likes Ola's post

How much is his annual salary as minister?🤔

(03-05-2022, 03:49 PM)Bigiron Wrote:  How much is his annual salary as minister?🤔

ard $2m
but b4 being a minister as ceo of a hospital grp already drawing ard1m
[+] 1 user Likes talky's post

(03-05-2022, 03:48 PM)Ola Wrote:  At least he did not cry like a baby

This idiot Siah- Suay is out!

But I will still not vote for PAP.

Big Grin

[Image: Shawn-Huang-Croc-tears-2022.png]

This guy is rubbish. He wish his daughter happy birthday at parliament.
[+] 1 user Likes dynamite's post

They are so rich. They should work for free. And take tough action against civil servants and grassroots that eat money.
[+] 1 user Likes dynamite's post

(03-05-2022, 04:35 PM)dynamite Wrote:  They are so rich. They should work for free. And take tough action against civil servants and grassroots that eat money.
cant work for free maybe cut 50% pay
a minister post comes w prestige n power which money can t buy

he can throw in $1 mio, sup sup water.
Hopefully more will help the poor....

(03-05-2022, 04:44 PM)talky Wrote:  cant work for free maybe cut 50% pay
a minister post comes w prestige n power which money can t buy

Please cut disGrace's salary by 80%.

[Image: dis-Grace-Lower-salary-will-disuade-good-pple-2012.png]

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 

Kudos to him for the donation. I find that his performance is better than those whose whole lives are in civil service.

(03-05-2022, 03:49 PM)Bigiron Wrote:  How much is his annual salary as minister?🤔

How much is his annual salary doesn't matter.

Got hear pinkie or hc come out and say they contribute x millions to set up a fund of any purpose? At least I Google didn't see anything.

1. I have served the nation in a combat unit for 2.5 + 10 years. I had fulfilled my duty as a citizen, but has the country do it's part for me?
2. I don't know where the threat of CCP is, but I know the threat of CECA is already at my doorsteps
3. I had been called a CCP, JHK, Pinoy, but they never called me a CECA..

The one Monk's Hill s s,, Clapping

(03-05-2022, 02:44 PM)jameslee58@hotmail.com Wrote:  If i m lw i will pick tsl as dpm,
Not oyk or ccs, i don't find the 2 suitable, just my own opinion, don't know about you
Big Grin Manpower Minister Tan See Leng 57 years ok.

(03-05-2022, 07:31 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  Kudos to him for the donation. I find that his performance is better than those whose whole lives are in civil service.

No not BG. Not not BG...

(03-05-2022, 09:03 PM)Teeth53 Wrote:  Big Grin Manpower Minister Tan See Leng 57 years ok.

Do not use age to deter this country from benefitting from his possible ability that surpasses MP Chan and MP Ong. 

His one year stint seems to have made MP Josephine lack lustre and shows that he may be that man who can tell PM Lee to disappear.

(03-05-2022, 09:54 PM)Wy:Nox Wrote:  Do not use age to deter this country from benefitting from his possible ability that surpasses MP Chan and MP Ong. 

His one year stint seems to have made MP Josephine lack lustre and shows that he may be that man who can tell PM Lee to disappear.

Mixture of 41 to 73 years old minister is fine with me.
The world is enter a turbulence times. A few posts need experience and connections

You can wait ll as PM Lee likely plans to be around for another 2-3 elections as MM

(03-05-2022, 09:03 PM)Teeth53 Wrote:  Big Grin Manpower Minister Tan See Leng 57 years ok.

This year will be 58.  Kudos to this man with a big heart Big Grin

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

People take up various courses based on job prospects especially pay.

Singapore is a financial center the pay is very high for those in finance courses.

Recently high demand for software people. ..but NUS computer science very hard to get in.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.