Late LKY says in SG hospitals diagnostic results in 90 mins, is it possible today?

(01-03-2024, 11:07 AM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  LKY didn't say that that ordinary folks can get diagnostic results in 90min hor.

diagnostic result can run automated 24hrs and the result will be out within a day or 2

but

this is the good doctors that can understand the results and make sense out of it

those automated diagnostic result  are not printed in ENGLISH

it is the GOOD DOCTORS WE DONT HAVE and THEY ARE LACKING IN NUMBERS

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/asia/str...em-4162961

(04-03-2024, 12:22 PM)grotesqueness Wrote:  diagnostic result can run automated 24hrs and the result will be out within a day or 2

but

this is the good doctors that can understand the results and make sense out of it

those automated diagnostic result  are not printed in ENGLISH

it is the GOOD DOCTORS WE DONT HAVE and THEY ARE LACKING IN NUMBERS

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/asia/str...em-4162961

S Korean HealthCare workers and public medical professionals have union.

They are protected...
In Singapore, it's NTUC

(02-03-2024, 09:14 AM)Oyk Wrote:  Raffles also.  And our public horsepower as well.  They go home after day time operation hours but are on call... standby.  We don't have this ang moh culture of "Closed means closed, and I will go on strike if you dare to ask me to come back to attend to emergency cases"

For a brain scan, it should be MRI, not CT Scan ba.

Raffles Hospital is the medical facility that former Cambodia Premier Hun Sen goes for his periodic checkup and treatment, if any. For years he's been patronizing the hospital and every time he makes a beeline for it, my friend's relative, a surgeon and deputy administrator of the hospital, will greet him at the door and lead him to his carefully prearranged medicals. Service is unrivalled.

Apparently, he's kept faith with SG's docs and facilities, which used to be the regional hotspot in "medical tourism." Over the years, however, some of the countries in the region played catch-up as they made significant improvement in their medical infrastructure and service at lower rates and getting a slice of the pie in the process.

Still, SG, as pioneers in the field of medical tourism, remains the go-to place for the rich and the powerful like Hun Sen and for whom cost is no object. Service for these well-heel patients is top-notch.

(04-03-2024, 09:52 PM)S I M T A N Wrote:  Raffles Hospital is the medical facility that former Cambodia Premier Hun Sen goes for his periodic checkup and treatment, if any. For years he's been patronizing the hospital and every time he makes a beeline for it, my friend's relative, a surgeon and deputy administrator of the hospital, will greet him at the door and lead him to his carefully prearranged medicals. Service is unrivalled.

Apparently, he's kept faith with SG's docs and facilities, which used to be the regional hotspot in "medical tourism." Over the years, however, some of the countries in the region played catch-up as they made significant improvement in their medical infrastructure and service at lower rates and getting a slice of the pie in the process.

Still, SG, as pioneers in the field of medical tourism, remains the go-to place for the rich and the powerful like Hun Sen and for whom cost is no object. Service for these well-heel patients is top-notch.

A room goes for $800+ a night, and that does not include the best doctors' consultations, the whole battery of tests from MRI or CT Scan to Fluoroscopy to Bone Densitometry to Ultrasound to the good old X-Ray.  He gets the whole nine yards, paid by Cambodia.

But of course, he wouldn't be found in a $800+ room.  He should be in the one that costs $5000 a night. Rotfl

Observer = KILLjoy = starbugstk = Dan = lvlrsSTI = OWNER.
Trying so hard to find my Archilles Point wor. Hehe Love