Teo Soh Lung - singapore not allow to protest on the palestinian genocide

singapore does not allow citizens to publicly express their feelings about the genocide now being committed on Palestinian soil. Even Hong Lim Park will not permit one person standing there holding a little placard in his hands. While people of other capital cities protest in the thousands, we will never know if Singaporeans are apathetic to the killings that are going on in Gaza. But I hope Singaporeans are keeping track of what is happening as how the war is fought affects us all.
I am glad former president, Madam Halimah Yacoh expressed her humanity in a facebook post yesterday. At least we have one important Singaporean speaking up and calling for a ceasefire in the terms of the UN General Assembly Resolution. [LINK]
Scrolling through the comments on her post, I can see that unlike the comments on AlJazeera facebook post, the majority are pro Palestinians. And many are Singaporeans. There are some provocative statements but the authors seemed to be the usual trolls spouting standard fare.
Singapore is one of Israel’s staunchest allies. Our army is trained by Israel. The interrogation techniques are taught by them. One of the facts that I learned about the Israeli Defence Forces (IDF) in recent days is the practice of killing their own soldiers, hostages and civilians in hostile situations. The implementation of the Hannibal Directive is evident in the destruction of the Be’eri Kibbutz on 7 October. Netanyahu has blamed HAMAS for the death of 1400 people. But according to a survivor of the massacre, over 100 were massacred by the IDF itself. [LINK]
“A resident later told The Times of Israel that the kibbutz was "completely destroyed". Yasmin Porat, an Israeli inhabitant of Be'eri, said in an interview that Hamas held her and other hostages for two days, until Israeli Defense Forces arrived on 9 October. Porat said Israeli soldiers killed hostage takers and hostages alike, and that an Israeli tank blasted buildings in which hostages were held. According to another resident who was away at the time," at least 112 Be'eri people were killed" during the fighting.
Until today, neither Netanyahu or the IDF has admitted that they have killed their own citizens on 7 Oct. I hope the Singapore Army will never use the Hannibal Directive should they ever encounter war, which I hope will never happen in this region.
The IDF is and has been on Palestinian ground for a few days now. I will not be surprised if they have sacrificed Israeli hostages in order to achieve the of aim of exterminating all Palestinians, including babies and women. They have vowed to take Palestine.
But will they succeed? HAMAS is fighting for their lives. They prefer death to losing their land or living under oppressive Israel. Will Israeli soldier have the gumption to carry on this long war as Netanyahu has warned.
To me, it is better to end this genocide and talk peace now. Let the International Criminal Court prosecute the war crimes committed by both parties. Collective punishment is a war crime and Netanyahu should pause and examine where he and his army have gone wrong and not take it on the poor Palestinian civilians. Don’t blame a big military bungle on civilians. Have the courage to admit that it has failed the Israeli population on 7 October. More than 9000 have died. How many more deaths do they need to inflict on the Palestinians, the hostages and the Israeli army itself.
END THE GENOCIDE.

Teo Soh Lung

[+] 1 user Likes singaporean1964's post

https://www.tremeritus.net/2023/11/02/si...dont-care/

We cannot allow citizens to protest killings in Gaza and the killings by Hamas because......

It will soon be discussed in parliament just wait for the answers...

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

[Image: IMG-0706.jpg]

(05-11-2023, 01:29 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  We cannot allow citizens to protest killings in Gaza and the killings by Hamas because......

It will soon be discussed in parliament just wait for the answers...

pap is like that
just a few palestinian woemn child and babies die is never mind
as long not them

Do not stir.
Want to be a hero?
Go elsewhere.
We have our own rules esp on race and religion.
We have given donations to the Palestinians for humanity help.

Even some of the Arabs and Muslim countries including Saudi don’t allow people to protest.If allowed, people can misuse the freedom to protest against their government/monarchs/Dynasty

(05-11-2023, 12:48 PM)singaporean1964 Wrote:  singapore does not allow citizens to publicly express their feelings about the genocide now being committed on Palestinian soil. Even Hong Lim Park will not permit one person standing there holding a little placard in his hands. While people of other capital cities protest in the thousands, we will never know if Singaporeans are apathetic to the killings that are going on in Gaza. But I hope Singaporeans are keeping track of what is happening as how the war is fought affects us all.
I am glad former president, Madam Halimah Yacoh expressed her humanity in a facebook post yesterday. At least we have one important Singaporean speaking up and calling for a ceasefire in the terms of the UN General Assembly Resolution. [LINK]
Scrolling through the comments on her post, I can see that unlike the comments on AlJazeera facebook post, the majority are pro Palestinians. And many are Singaporeans. There are some provocative statements but the authors seemed to be the usual trolls spouting standard fare.
Singapore is one of Israel’s staunchest allies. Our army is trained by Israel. The interrogation techniques are taught by them. One of the facts that I learned about the Israeli Defence Forces (IDF) in recent days is the practice of killing their own soldiers, hostages and civilians in hostile situations. The implementation of the Hannibal Directive is evident in the destruction of the Be’eri Kibbutz on 7 October. Netanyahu has blamed HAMAS for the death of 1400 people. But according to a survivor of the massacre, over 100 were massacred by the IDF itself. [LINK]
“A resident later told The Times of Israel that the kibbutz was "completely destroyed". Yasmin Porat, an Israeli inhabitant of Be'eri, said in an interview that Hamas held her and other hostages for two days, until Israeli Defense Forces arrived on 9 October. Porat said Israeli soldiers killed hostage takers and hostages alike, and that an Israeli tank blasted buildings in which hostages were held. According to another resident who was away at the time," at least 112 Be'eri people were killed" during the fighting.
Until today, neither Netanyahu or the IDF has admitted that they have killed their own citizens on 7 Oct. I hope the Singapore Army will never use the Hannibal Directive should they ever encounter war, which I hope will never happen in this region.
The IDF is and has been on Palestinian ground for a few days now. I will not be surprised if they have sacrificed Israeli hostages in order to achieve the of aim of exterminating all Palestinians, including babies and women. They have vowed to take Palestine.
But will they succeed? HAMAS is fighting for their lives. They prefer death to losing their land or living under oppressive Israel. Will Israeli soldier have the gumption to carry on this long war as Netanyahu has warned.
To me, it is better to end this genocide and talk peace now. Let the International Criminal Court prosecute the war crimes committed by both parties. Collective punishment is a war crime and Netanyahu should pause and examine where he and his army have gone wrong and not take it on the poor Palestinian civilians. Don’t blame a big military bungle on civilians. Have the courage to admit that it has failed the Israeli population on 7 October. More than 9000 have died. How many more deaths do they need to inflict on the Palestinians, the hostages and the Israeli army itself.
END THE GENOCIDE.

Teo Soh Lung

PAP supports Israel meh? Thinking

Mai la..
Singapore is a tiny island. 
Just performed her duty in UN voting. And keep quiet. Move on.

Ah Teo can join other countries protest if she wanted. Cheers!!!