Thai: Overseas earnings targeted

The Revenue Department has ruled that a person who resides in Thailand for up to 180 days a year and earns overseas income from work or assets will be subject to personal income tax.

The new rule, which will take effect on Jan 1, 2024, will enable authorities to tax the foreign income of individuals in 2025.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/business/gen...s-targeted

Problem with this is there is tax treaty both sides will collect tax the home country and overseas country.

Right fully the tax should be at country where you work because it provided you the infrastructure and brought in the investments so that there is a job for you.

The Thai govt did nothing for these workers who have to find their own living working jn Dubai or Singapore.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Good lor...
Democracy mah, Speech freedom mah..cheers!!!

(19-09-2023, 09:23 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Problem with this is there is tax treaty both sides will collect tax the home country and overseas country.

Right fully the tax should be at country where you work because it provided you the infrastructure and brought in the investments so that there is a job for you.

The Thai govt did nothing for these workers who have to find their own living working jn Dubai or Singapore.

By right lah!

By left, hahaha........ ask your beloved Assmerican daddy how they tax Assmericans all over the world, even after they give up Assmerican citizenship!