Thailand Takes $28 Billion Malacca Strait Bypass Plan to US

Thailand Takes $28 Billion Malacca Strait Bypass Plan to US - Bloomberg
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/...ject-to-us

Thailand want to sabotage Singapore and Malaysia.
[+] 1 user Likes Alice Alicia's post

If US got the money, they might as well build HSR or upgrade their own ageing infrastructure. Why dump money on such a useless project?
[+] 1 user Likes starbugs's post

Why can't they just take on the project themselves? Sea-Land-Sea just to save 15% is too troublesome.

40 years already still bring out and rinse again
[+] 1 user Likes red3's post

$28B to bypass Singapore and make billions every Yr us a good deal.

Problem is it is not just $28B and 10yrs to build...rhe project will end up overruning the budget and  taking forever to complete.

If the Thai govt is confident, it can issue bonds to build this and later make back the money easily, why look for foreign investors?

No investor will fund a 10yr long building project.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Such mega projects can only be successful if the govt is authoritarian and somewhat dictatorial

No loose democratic country like for example, smelly India, will be able to make such a project successful as they change govts like changing clothes

(15-11-2023, 12:34 AM)Sentinel Wrote:  Such mega projects can only be successful if the govt is authoritarian and somewhat dictatorial

No loose democratic country like for example, smelly India, will be able to make such a project successful as they change govts like changing clothes

India sent probe to far side of the moon....

I wouldn't make this type of conclusion.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(15-11-2023, 12:41 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  India sent probe to far side of the moon....

You believe such fake nonsense, is it? No wonder you still so poor, after playing the markets for so many years

China's space program, everyone knows in detail, but India's?

Give me a break, now I even doubt that Nehland has nukes, all bullsheet by USA and UK

(14-11-2023, 10:13 PM)starbugs Wrote:  If US got the money, they might as well build HSR or upgrade their own ageing infrastructure. Why dump money on such a useless project?

The thing is the U.S. has no money, garment shutdown starts this weekend during APEC meeting.

On the other hand the U.S. wants to block Chinese shipping route in Malacca Straits, building land bridge to bypass Malacca Straits is against the will of the U.S. government.

It is silly for Thailand to approach the U.S. for investment…buying more US fighters and weapons better.
[+] 1 user Likes lvlrsSTI's post

Situation similar to wat the Isreal is doing.
dat at the tail-end of the silk route
Singapore situation is complicated
Russia has the northern route and with the completion
of one belt one route how a completely changed situation will enfold NOBODY knows
[Image: Screenshot-2023-11-14-at-14-18-56-Israel...osseum.png]
[+] 1 user Likes singlon's post

(14-11-2023, 10:07 PM)Alice Alicia Wrote:  Thailand want to sabotage Singapore and Malaysia.

In 2005, Singapore gave 7 units F15/F16 fighter jets to Royal Thai Airforce without giving any specific reason.

What else had been given before, no one knows.

Rumour that it could be for delaying building the Kra canal.
[+] 1 user Likes Scythian's post

Diverting attention, Singapore has been making a lot of noise about dispute in SCS to keep everyone in ASEAN busy but keeping quiet about Kra canal.

A Strategy works well for Singapore.

(15-11-2023, 12:12 AM)red3 Wrote:  40 years already still bring out and rinse again

A Thai king had tossed the idea more than 100 years ago.

But in recent times, a lot of money must have changed hands to delay the project.

Upon completion of Kra land crossing, Singapore can buy lesser rare water from Malaysia and both ExxonMobil and Shell oil refineries can shutdown allowing Singaporeans breath a little better.

On a positive note, no more quarrel over price of water and fewer Singaporeans died of cancer.

Those rich Singaporeans can enjoy more recreation sailings, water skiing and fishing

Thailand Kra land crossing could easily be completed in less than 5 years.

Singapore leaders still have time to play snakes and ladders.

Landbridge will involve double handling, unloading, and loading of cargo. It would take one to three days to unload and about the same time to load a container ship. After adding the traveling time on the landbridge, will it save any time?

Why go US to fund the project? Wouldn't the best country to approach for funding and constructing is China or Japan? So I guess the Thais must have approached them already but was declined due to feasibility issues.  In other words the bridge won't work. I think if the Thais offer to cut a canal across the Kra, China would have taken it.    Rolleyes

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung

It's not feasible.

They will bypass the huge market of Indonesia, the fourth most populous country in the world. Not to mention Singapore and Malaysia.

That is the purpose of a transshipment port ma, and Sg has the best transshipment port for it. Some the goods are offload to other ships and then loaded with goods to ship to other cuntries.
So it is like a meeting point to exchange goods And then move to another cuntry

8Umbrella Umbrella

lee sian long very worried
[+] 2 users Like singaporean1964's post

Dream on....
How long have they been dreaming....
When they wake up, it's probably a nightmare.

(15-11-2023, 12:41 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  India sent probe to far side of the moon....

India sent probe to the moon? 

Such claim any one also can make.  

If it can send also return to earth, then, it is real.  

India also claimed it sent spaceship to Venus or Jupiter, you believe?   

Singapore can be gateway to Thailand Kra ports..

SIA new destination.

Singapore should bring African millionaires into the country.

Africans can create good jobs

(15-11-2023, 08:44 AM)Huliwang Wrote:  Why go US to fund the project? Wouldn't the best country to approach for funding and constructing is China or Japan? So I guess the Thais must have approached them already but was declined due to feasibility issues.  In other words the bridge won't work. I think if the Thais offer to cut a canal across the Kra, China would have taken it.    Rolleyes

They did present the plan to investors in China and then Saudi Arabia earlier. US investors are the 3rd group they are presenting to.
[+] 1 user Likes Levin's post

Can always offer low irresistible prices for using our container ports. Just earn lesser. 
Prices so much lower than what will be incurred in Thailand. 
And throw in some additional freebies to seduce users .

Kill the freaking impending project and let them suffer terribly.

[Image: nudie.gif]

(15-11-2023, 12:50 AM)lvlrsSTI Wrote:  The thing is the U.S. has no money, garment shutdown starts this weekend during APEC meeting.

On the other hand the U.S. wants to block Chinese shipping route in Malacca Straits, building land bridge to bypass Malacca Straits is against the will of the U.S. government.

It is silly for Thailand to approach the U.S. for investment…buying more US fighters and weapons better.
i think  approaching ho ching stand much a better chance  Big Grin

(15-11-2023, 05:45 PM)itangg12 Wrote:  i think  approaching ho ching stand much a better chance  Big Grin

Best to get Spore’s help to build a canal then let us own & operate  it for 100 years.  Laughing
[+] 1 user Likes lvlrsSTI's post