Even tourists don't come SG ....

(19-10-2023, 06:43 PM)RiseofAsia Wrote:  That day, I just asked a peekaboo classic bag, the sale personnel told me $6850.
You can get it much cheaper in Japan. Rotfl

I always wonder what makes the PAP govt think that we are so attractive as a country that our cost of living will always go up?

We have no impressionable products that we can proudly claim as ours, nor are more efficient than others. The most I can think of is we are safe and infrastructure ok, so people are willing to park their money with us. But this can go away easily.

If i am tourist to Singapore. I will find it very safe, comfortable, clean air & streets.

I will try the hawker foods, tour the zoos, bird park, shop in Orchard & 1 town centre to unstand the local for my 3 days 2 nights itinerary.

If i am tourist to Singapore. I will find it very safe,
comfortable, clean air & streets.

I will try the hawker foods, tour the zoos, bird park, shop in Orchard & 1 town centre to unstand the local for my 3 days 2 nights itinerary.
N will never re-visit again.
[+] 1 user Likes Sline's post

(18-10-2023, 07:00 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  I seriously dunno what's there to see in Spore. Hotel, food, attractions entrance fees and luxury items are expensive compared to other countries.
The govt still see ourselves very up and keep increasing prices. Stupidity to the extreme.

Inbound tourism is going to end up like medical tourism after private doctors and hospitals priced ourselves out of the regional market while our competitors in Malaysia, Thailand and Indonesia upped their game. 

(19-10-2023, 08:31 PM)Sline Wrote:  If i am tourist to Singapore. I will find it very safe, comfortable, clean air & streets. I will try the hawker foods, tour the zoos,  bird park, shop in Orchard & 1 town centre to unstand the local for my 3 days 2 nights itinerary. N will never re-visit again.

There is absolutely nothing "Uniquely S'pore".  Everything is man-made like Dubai and Qatar.

(19-10-2023, 08:07 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  I always wonder what makes the PAP govt think that we are so attractive as a country that our cost of living will always go up?

We have no impressionable products that we can proudly claim as ours, nor are more efficient than others. The most I can think of is we are safe and infrastructure ok, so people are willing to park their money with us. But this can go away easily.

Agreed.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

Singapore in the 80s was famous for the 5Sc

Satay

Sun

Sea

Shopping

Seafood?

NOW? It is just famous for being expensive.

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 
[+] 1 user Likes Ola's post

(19-10-2023, 01:01 PM)talky Wrote:  then the vast invesment of 5b on T5 is a waste of money building a white elephant

Let's put it this way. Every agency has to show that they're innovating and improving. Changi Airport Group (CAG) is no different. If they don't build T5 then they can't justify their high salary. Normal running of operations are not enough for justification. So, every few years, CAG has to put up some proposals, even though many are not needed.

Ignore List: Oyk

(18-10-2023, 07:00 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  I seriously dunno what's there to see in Spore. Hotel, food, attractions entrance fees and luxury items are expensive compared to other countries.

The govt still see ourselves very up and keep increasing prices. Stupidity to the extreme.
Those Papayas are merely bashing their own heads against the wall. Causing inflation to skyrocket and making tourists avoiding our country.

Changi Aiport tax fee is quite premium but service is thumb down

Recently board Scoot to MY, only assign 1 staff after the security check to check passenger ticket thus flight delay for another half hour

When boarding, surprising no one at the main entrance, whether u are at row 1 or row 30+ all go board together thus quite messy inside the flight

It is like high fee collected but poor service rendered, very disappointing

Shop with Health Shop !
https://iherb.co/BeaDs49

(19-10-2023, 08:07 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  I always wonder what makes the PAP govt think that we are so attractive as a country that our cost of living will always go up?

We do not have an identity and no Singapore brand product except Tiger Balm.

(27-12-2023, 03:18 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  Let's put it this way. Every agency has to show that they're innovating and improving. Changi Airport Group (CAG) is no different. If they don't build T5 then they can't justify their high salary. Normal running of operations are not enough for justification. So, every few years, CAG has to put up some proposals, even though many are not needed.

this mentality also sinks into the various ministries
each ministry competes with one another to show they can make more money this yr than the previous preceding yrs.
remembered once lta wanted yo build a new high rise hq in buona vista where star gallery thestre is sittuated though at that time no reason for lta to waste this type of money

(18-10-2023, 08:29 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  If you compare the price of luxury goods here and HK, you'll find that it's much cheaper in HK. For a $2000 bag, I can easily get it for $1800 in HK.

Spore is like the rich kid who turned his nose up at others and declare to them that if they can't afford, they can dun come. But truth is, Spore has very few things to offer to others.

I was told by a British the luxury item were much expensive than UK too.
If this continues it will doom...

pap have made everything so expensive here , tourist who come.here will not return in future. totally all foreigner more than local, see for what. we local also give up hope here. nothing for.the world to see.

Precovid, we received about 11 million tourists every year. 

I'd been to Hong Kong, Taipei, Shanghai, KL... I mention these places because someone mentioned them upthread... what's there to see? All man-made also. Chey!

Observer = KILLjoy = starbugstk = Dan = lvlrsSTI = OWNER.
Trying so hard to find my Archilles Point wor. Hehe Love

(27-12-2023, 02:24 PM)Ola Wrote:  Singapore in the 80s was famous for the 5Sc

Satay

Sun

Sea

Shopping

Seafood?

NOW? It is just famous for being expensive.

Actually there's one more S.

Steamboat.

Those were the days when peepur were crazy about steamboat and we didn't have mala and all those dongbei cai

If tourists want to see a REAL Chinatown and eat authentic Chinese food outside of China, Singapore is the right place to go to 

The Chinatown in KL is a joke.

(27-12-2023, 07:06 PM)Wy:Nox Wrote:  We do not have an identity and no Singapore brand product except Tiger Balm.

They busy building things that have no culture.
It is easily duplicate elsewhere.

Perhaps only ways now is to enhance on festivals, Night Bazaar and sports.

Okay a tourist travels to Malaysia the comes down to Singaoore...experience the same things like food for e to 4 times the price.

Here is a photo I took when i was in Malaysia a few days ago.

Yes Roti John....the roti John is double the size and half the price in Singapore.
[Image: bGo5wsz.jpg]
So for normal tourist he feels he gains nothing extra but pays 4x more.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Singaporeans most unfriendly and
Most quarrelsome

No one knows how he hell they can survive for so long in such a boring place?

Today, tourists are most fear of Singaporeans quietly  spreading HIV / Aids and Covid19..

Officially Reported 3000 died of HIV and 2000 died of Covid19.

Often, these figures are unreliable

Singaporeans are the worst dress people on earth.
Dress like shit in 33 deg scorching sun.

You wish them "good morning" in the lift, Singaporeans looked at you thinking you are mad - like just being discharged from IMH.

Quarrelsome tribes

(19-10-2023, 08:29 PM)Sline Wrote:  If i am tourist to Singapore. I will find it very safe, comfortable, clean air & streets.

I will try the hawker foods, tour the zoos,  bird park, shop in Orchard & 1 town centre to unstand the local for my 3 days 2 nights itinerary.

You should stay under the scorching sun for 2-3 hours.

Smell exactly like shit

(27-12-2023, 10:44 PM)Oyk Wrote:  If tourists want to see a REAL Chinatown and eat authentic Chinese food outside of China, Singapore is the right place to go to 

The Chinatown in KL is a joke.

Knnbccb! There is nothing useful in your fuucking brain except insults and instigations.
You don't promote your product by condemning your competitor's with derogatory remarks
It speaks volume about your tact and professionalism in salesmanship.

Thinking Oyk:Tempt peepur at their Archilles Point: GREED

The abalone here is also expensive somemore from 3rd world 1.
How to compete

Promoting 
Zoo
MBS
Merlion
Flyer
Garden at the bay

No tiger shows

(28-12-2023, 07:42 AM)Scythian Wrote:  Promoting 
Zoo
MBS
Merlion