Thailand will ban the use of cannabis for recreational purposes

According to VNA , Thai Health Minister Cholnan Srikaew said the government will urgently promulgate a bill banning the use of marijuana for recreational purposes.

Speaking to the press on February 6, Mr. Cholnan said the new bill will be proposed at a cabinet meeting next week. Compared to current law, the new bill only allows the use of cannabis for medical and health purposes, while recreational use is illegal.

According to Health Minister Cholnan, since taking office last August, Prime Minister Srettha Thavisin has frequently spoken out against the recreational use of marijuana and believes that this substance should only be used for recreational purposes. medical purposes. "Using marijuana recreationally could make drug problems more widespread," Srettha warned.

https://tintuc.vn/thai-lan-se-cam-su-dun...ost2300141

Thailand already has an existing drug or yaban problem and yet they allowed recreational cannabis about a year ago. No wonder they make a U-turn and banned it quickly.    Big Grin

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung

I just caught wind of Thailand clamping down on recreational cannabis use. It's a real shift from the vibe we've been feeling lately. But hey, gotta respect the rules they're laying down.
It's got me thinking, though. While recreational use might be off the table, there are still ways to keep the chill alive. I mean, who doesn't love a good smoke session to unwind after a long day?
Speaking of which, I recently stumbled upon this site smokeday.com, and let me tell you, they've got some seriously cute girly bongs that caught my eye. It's like adding a little flair to your smoke sesh.
Sure, the regulations might be tightening up, but that doesn't mean we can't keep the good times rolling.

See recreational drugs send USA into homelessness

If Singapore approved recreational cannabis, all the ah beng ah seng will be puffing nonstop

Heard also they will allow Chinese Tourists to buy.

(10-02-2024, 10:42 AM)theold Wrote:  According to VNA , Thai Health Minister Cholnan Srikaew said the government will urgently promulgate a bill banning the use of marijuana for recreational purposes.

Speaking to the press on February 6, Mr. Cholnan said the new bill will be proposed at a cabinet meeting next week. Compared to current law, the new bill only allows the use of cannabis for medical and health purposes, while recreational use is illegal.

According to Health Minister Cholnan, since taking office last August, Prime Minister Srettha Thavisin has frequently spoken out against the recreational use of marijuana and believes that this substance should only be used for recreational purposes. medical purposes. "Using marijuana recreationally could make drug problems more widespread," Srettha warned.

https://tintuc.vn/thai-lan-se-cam-su-dun...ost2300141

Not surprising, the entire setup was a hare-brained idea in the first place.

Domestically Thailand was already facing a serious drug abuse issue, legalizing cannabis does not encourage those who are on stronger drugs to switch while at the same time encourages many youths to try out such soft drugs for fun.

Tourism wise though the sale of Cannabis does help to attract a certain foreign crowd, these visitors are generally not the kind useful in boosting the economy anyway. Angmos who come here all the way to do drugs are usually poor budgeted youngsters who can only afford hostels and party daily on cheap beers. One affluent tourist family can probably match 50 of them in terms of GDP contribution.