The Problems with China’s Lockdown Approch

While China has been doing a great job in containing the pandemic, the approach is not ideal. In some cities, after a number of cases were found in a small community, they swiftly lock down the whole area, blocking the entrance with walls…nobody can come out or go in…however they miss out the logistic food supply. Hundreds of people are locked in for weeks without enough food is just insane…some people use a rope to lower down a basket from their windows asking neighbours to buy food for them.

When 1-2 cases was discovered in Shanghai Disneyland, they locked down the whole theme park, hundreds of thousands of people must queue up do PCR tests before they could leave, which had taken a few hours.

牺牲小我,完成大我

crude and inhumane, but that's how they could survive many crisis for thousands of years

(14-01-2022, 11:44 AM)WhatDoYouThink? Wrote:  牺牲小我,完成大我

crude and inhumane, but that's how they could survive many crisis for thousands of years

However I think they should have improved the approach by providing food to people during lockdown.

(14-01-2022, 11:46 AM)lvlrsSTI Wrote:  However I think they should have improved the approach by providing food to people during lockdown.

Human beings are not like animals or ants…they should learn from Spore for improvement.
[+] 2 users Like lvlrsSTI's post

(14-01-2022, 11:46 AM)lvlrsSTI Wrote:  However I think they should have improved the approach by providing food to people during lockdown.

You are right sis. govt. much ensure there are enough food to go around, and basic necessities needs to be provided, e.g. water, electricity and gas...
[+] 1 user Likes debono's post

I saw a picture of people sleeping on the floor in a supermarket after cases were found there, they are not allowed to leave until they complete PCR test.

correct. but the first priority is to stop the spread and protect the rest.

Lockdown is good for all.

(14-01-2022, 11:48 AM)lvlrsSTI Wrote:  Human beings are not like animals or ants…they should learn from Spore for improvement.

Totally agree. However, many in this forum prefers the inhumane approach in China.
[+] 1 user Likes guffaw's post

Omicron is imported.  Unless the World can get rid of it;  otherwise,  the zero covid policy will just retard the Omicron growth.  It will never get rid of Omicron.  Meanwhile,  China will have to watch the rising private sector debts which is increasing exponentially,  much faster than Omicron growth.

Charts from:  https://skyjuiceiswater.blogspot.com/202...oblem.html

[Image: AVv-Xs-Egw-QBFh-Ccvk2-RC8zungp8-GBDe-Xix...ur-RTX.png]

[Image: BT34Ka5.png]
[+] 1 user Likes revealer's post

I presume you are not a Chinese as there are so many vloggers from Xian who have uploaded videos of their daily meals, some of which are more balanced than meals eaten by Sporeans.

Food supplies are also available from their retail stores, though varieties may not be as much as during normal times.
There are also many kind-hearted and generous restaurant owners providing free meals to the community.
One of them even ordered 10 tons of pork ribs from Shandong to cook 20K meals.

One village gov arrangement of free meals for the needy/elderly:

Many volunteers and organizations delivering thousands of free meals to hungry folks in Singapore every day.
Just because there are kind hearted volunteers, does it mean there are no hungry people left?