The Singapore Democratic Party has been ordered to put up a correction notice

The Singapore Democratic Party has been ordered to put up a correction notice on its social media posts, after it published false statements about the case of three women charged with organising a procession to the Istana without a permit.

Here’s what happened: 

https://cna.asia/3XDGiyC
[+] 2 users Like Bigiron's post

We all know why and SDP is stupid enough enough to spell it all out. This allows others to shoot them. EQ level still not there yet.

Snake never move in a straight line, it goes left & right & left & right.
[+] 1 user Likes Buffybuffy's post

SDP should not take part in next GE. If take part, should bow out if there's any 3 corner fight.

POFMA us a stupid.law implemented by the PAP to distort the truth.

Did people read the article before commenting this is the reason  POFMA 

[Image: 1GjJIvw.jpeg]

Read the above carefully.

Fact is :
"The women were charged for.organising a procession yo Istana".

This statement from.SDP is actually true:
"They were charged for organising support for...."

The procession is to support the Palestinian people ..they were charged for "organising"....all this is true. 

I take it they are not happy with the second part "for Palestianian People".

It's like this statement :

"John is charged for stealing an apple to give to his hungry mother".

It says is charged for stealing an apple.
It does not say he is charged for giving the apple to his mom.

Similarly the SDP statement is factual ..."The women were charged for organising..." the statement does not say they were charged for "supporting Palestinian people".

POFMA is a stupid law.

Often abused.

Used to make the opposition look bad.

Sad to say the PAP is destroying the people's right to speak up through its wrongful interpretation of what people write.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
[+] 1 user Likes sgbuffett's post

(30-06-2024, 09:38 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Did people read the article before commenting this is the reason  POFMA 

Fact is :

The procession is to support the Palestinian people ..they were charged for "organising"....all this is true. 

Similarly the SDP statement is factual ..."The women were charged for organising..." the statement does not say they were charged for "supporting Palestinian people".

POFMA is a stupid law.

Often abused.

Sad to say the PAP is destroying the people's right to speak up through its wrong dull interpretation of what people writ.

You are the one who comment without reading and if you did read then you need to read it again, and if you still don't understand, then read it again. And again.

Observer = KILLjoy = starbugstk = Dan = lvlrsSTI = OWNER.
Trying so hard to find my Archilles Point wor. Hehe Love

Abdul aka Lee Ee Mun....

He championed freedom of speech outside the Istana arguing that peepur should not have to bottle up their anger at and hatred for Israel and unity with Palestine.

(30-06-2024, 09:43 AM)Oyk Wrote:  You are the one who comment without reading and if you did read then you need to read it again, and if you still don't understand, then read it again. And again.

Let me ask you a simple question..:Why (for what crime).were the women charged?"

Answer this question so we have something to discuss...instead of you throwing all sorts of claims that I don't understand.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Support Palestianian people govt don't like ....how about support Israeli side will they get POFMA ?
[+] 1 user Likes ysh02's post

(30-06-2024, 09:47 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Let me ask you a simple question..:Why (for what crime).were the women charged?"

Answer this question so we have something to discuss...instead of you throwing all sorts of claims that I don't understand.

And you got it wrong completely.

This I suppose is why your A level results weren't good enough to get you a place...in NUS or NTU 

You might have studies Econs, know a thing or two about Supply and Demand, but have you ever wondered why you scored an E? You got 51% Whatever happened to the other 49%? 

I tell you.  You got your answers wrong in too many places lorh..you didn't understand what you were reading.

Go and read the fooking article again AND AGAIN!

(30-06-2024, 12:29 AM)Bigiron Wrote:  The Singapore Democratic Party has been ordered to put up a correction notice on its social media posts, after it published false statements about the case of three women charged with organising a procession to the Istana without a permit.

Here’s what happened: 

https://cna.asia/3XDGiyC

“The SDP’s posts falsely suggested that the three women were instead
Quote:charged for organising support for the Palestinian people,”

Sly party trying hard to insinuating hatred in Singapore. Playing up hatred between Palestinian supporters against our law enforcer.
That's is a very dangerous act that can incite violence. Stirring unwanted attention from our neighbouring countries people.

Thinking Singaporean cannot read English  🤣

Sgbuffet I suggest you stick to making ludicrous and wrong predictions for the stock markets compared to drumming up support for terrorists Big Grin

I know you say Palestine but actually it is an euphemism for Hamas.

Many terrorist sympathizers hide behind their fake support for Palestine Smile

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

Sibeh jialat. 
1. Organising a procession without permit.
2. Some more the procession was carried out in a prohibit area which is security sensitive. That is an out of bounds area.

Cool

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung

(30-06-2024, 10:04 AM)p1acebo Wrote:  Sgbuffet I suggest you stick to making ludicrous and wrong predictions for the stock markets compared to drumming up support for terrorists Big Grin

I know you say Palestine but actually it is an euphemism for Hamas.

Many terrorist sympathizers hide behind their fake support for Palestine Smile

Issue is not about the whether the Palestinian cause is righteous or wrong. 

It is about the POFMA.

[+] 1 user Likes sgbuffett's post

(30-06-2024, 09:54 AM)Oyk Wrote:  And you got it wrong completely.

This I suppose is why your A level results weren't good enough to get you a place...in NUS or NTU 

You might have studies Econs, know a thing or two about Supply and Demand, but have you ever wondered why you scored an E? You got 51% Whatever happened to the other 49%? 

I tell you.  You got your answers wrong in too many places lorh..you didn't understand what you were reading.

Go and read the fooking article again AND AGAIN!

The women have not even marched to istana yet.

They were charged for organising the March.

The March is tk supoort the Palestinian cause/people.

Hence the statement that;..

They were charged for organising support for palestian people is truthful.

Similarly statement like:.
John was charged for stealing money for his family.

The above statement does not say he is charge for money to support his family.

He is charged for stealing.

Just as the women were charged for organising.

Every part and the whole sentence from the SDP is true.

(30-06-2024, 10:29 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  The women have not even marched yet.

The march was already illegally carried out on 2 Feb 2024 with about 70 protestors shouting and chanting along Orchard Road heading towards the Istana. These three radicalised women were the organiser.    Big Grin

Carl Jung

(30-06-2024, 10:29 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  The women have not even marched yet.

They were charged for organising the March.

The March is tk supoort the Palestinian cause/people.

Hence the statement that;..

They were charged for organising support for palestian people is truthful.

Similarly statement like:.
John was charged for stealing money for his family.

The above statement does not say he is charge for money to support his family.

He is charged for stealing.

Just as the women were charged for organising.

Every part and the whole sentence from the SDP is true.

"Hence the statement that;..

They were charged for organising support for palestian people is truthful."

1 Support for Palestine through donation, charitable actions, working with UN, Red Cross, etc is common and legal in Singapore. 

2 However Support for Palestine through organising illegal march, demonstration are not allowed. And it is an offence in Singapore. This is a common knowledge with all people living here. 
Don't pretend you don't know la...

And don't intentionally merge the 1 and 2 together (Under Support for Palestine) to incites division in Singapore. 
This is something you cannot play over here. It is not a game or whinings anymore.

(30-06-2024, 10:45 AM)Huliwang Wrote:  The march was already illegally carried out on 2 Feb 2024 with about 70 protestors shouting and chanting along Orchard Road heading towards the Istana. These three radicalised women were the organiser.    Big Grin
They have not reached teh Istana yet.

Do you agree or disagree with the statement
"The women were charged for organising"?

(30-06-2024, 09:38 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  POFMA us a stupid.law implemented by the PAP to distort the truth.

Fact is :

POFMA is a stupid law.

Often abused.

Sad to say the PAP is destroying the people's right to speak up through its wrongful interpretation of what people write.

If they organise at Hong Lim park, will they be charged?

It's making it hard to understand these oppos.

But it's ok, me & wifey die die also vote oppos.....

Even put Amos Yees we also vote him.

(30-06-2024, 10:25 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Issue is not about the whether the Palestinian cause is righteous or wrong. 

It is about the POFMA.

No it is not poFma alone.

This 3 women action is dangerous. 
And SDP playing it up to incite "Hatred between Palestinian supporters against Singapore govt." with misleading headlines.
That concern everyone safety living in Singapore. 

Singapore Support helping Palestine's hardships in the Gaza War. We also go for 2 states solution. Voted against violence in Gaza at UN and seek for peaceful settlement. 

SDP intentionally advertising Singapore govt "Charge Palestine Supporters", which in not true at all. 
They are charged under Illegal organising public march into sensitive zone and public demonstration. 
Not for Supporting Palestine.

(30-06-2024, 10:55 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  They have not reached teh Istana yet.

Do you agree or disagree with the statement
"The women were charged for organising"?
Whether they reach or not reach Istana is immaterial. The illegal procession already started. In a way the procession was stopped before reaching Istana and they were lucky. The offence would be worst for entering a prohibited area as the women had requested in their permit application letter.    Big Grin

Carl Jung

(30-06-2024, 11:12 AM)moonrab Wrote:  No it is not poFma alone.

And SDP playing it up to incite "Hatred between Palestinian supporters against Singapore govt." with misleading headlines.

Singapore Support helping Palestine's hardships in the Gaza War. We also go for 2 states solution. Voted against violence in Gaza at UN and seek for peaceful settlement. 

SDP intentionally advertising Singapore govt "Charge Palestine Supporters", which in not true at all. 
They are charged under Illegal organising public march into sensitive zone and public demonstration. 
Yalor,  SDP is trying to make this into a geopolitical issue to cause bad blood between Singapore and some Islamic and other countries. This is very reckless and dangerous from making a local procession
without permit issue to a Palestinian issue. Really knnah.     Big Grin

Carl Jung
[+] 1 user Likes Huliwang's post

(30-06-2024, 11:12 AM)moonrab Wrote:  No it is not poFma alone.

I am against the killing of civilians using Hamas as a justification.

If the most evil man like Hitler runs into a hospital to hide it doesn't mean you are justified to kill people in the hospital.

Demonising Hamas is a tactic to distract people from what the Israeli army is doing.

(30-06-2024, 11:26 AM)Huliwang Wrote:  Yalor,  SDP is trying to make this into a geopolitical issue to cause bad blood between Singapore and some Islamic and other countries. This is very reckless and dangerous from making a local procession

Only misinterpretation of what SDP put out can lead to misunderstanding between countries.

People have eyes to see that illegal assembly laws were used against the women who happen to be supporters of the Palestinian cause.

The pap ability to misinterpret and extrapolate does not gives it right to pofma anyone.

While PAP govt has no ties and limited contact with Israeli out of respect for other countries, I feel more can be done to deal with the situation.

(30-06-2024, 09:38 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  POFMA us a stupid.law implemented by the PAP to distort the truth.

Fact is :

POFMA is a stupid law.

Often abused.

POFMA is a PAPaya tool of advantage to shtup dissenters who have erred on a technical basis. As in dis case, they were charged for
  "In a media release on Saturday (Jun 29), the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) noted that the three women were charged with an offence under Section 15(1) of the Public Order Act 2009 for organising a procession in a prohibited area."

It does not matter if the apple was stolen to feed a poor person, the fact is the charge was for stealing an apple. SDP sentence implies that PAPAya charge was due to the zharbo steal to feed the hungry. Salah. The sentence should have had 2 components. Lawyer see liao can immediately point dis out and the charge would be thrown out and dismissed. You no watch LAW n Order?
[+] 2 users Like luncheonmeat's post

(30-06-2024, 11:26 AM)Huliwang Wrote:  Yalor,  SDP is trying to make this into a geopolitical issue to cause bad blood between Singapore and some Islamic and other countries. This is very reckless and dangerous from making a local procession

All bad things just for getting more votes.
Chey!!! Pui!

(30-06-2024, 11:29 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Only misinterpretation of what SDP put out can lead to misunderstanding between countries.

People have eyes to see that illegal assembly laws were used against the women who happen to be supporters of the Palestinian cause.

The pap ability to misinterpret and extrapolate does not gives it right to pofma anyone.

While PAP govt has no ties and limited contact with Israeli out of respect for other countries, I feel more can be done to deal with the situation.

People have eyes to see what the SDP is trying to do.

(30-06-2024, 11:29 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Only misinterpretation of what SDP put out can lead to misunderstanding between countries.

If no POFMA and SDP gets away without correction, there is no guarantee that nobody will misread and get the wrong impression.     Big Grin

Carl Jung
[+] 1 user Likes Huliwang's post

(30-06-2024, 11:27 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  I am against the killing of civilians using Hamas as a justification.

If the most evil man like Hitler runs into a hospital to hide it doesn't mean you are justified to kill people in the hospital.

Demonising Hamas is a tactic to distract people from what the Israeli army is doing.

Singapore govt against killing of Palestinian civilians. Publicly telling Israel their reaction "gone too far"...

That is not what SDP projected message !!

So they are correctly pofma, to take down their misleading headlines!!! Agree?

(30-06-2024, 11:31 AM)luncheonmeat Wrote:   POFMA is a PAPaya tool of advantage to shtup dissenters who have erred on a technical basis. As in dis case, they were charged for
  "In a media release on Saturday (Jun 29), the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) noted that the three women were charged with an offence under Section 15(1) of the Public Order Act 2009 for organising a procession in a prohibited area."

It does not matter if the apple was stolen to feed a poor person, the fact is the charge was for stealing an apple. SDP sentence implies that PAPAya charge was due to the zharbo steal to feed the hungry. Salah. The sentence should have had 2 components. Lawyer see liao can immediately point dis out and the charge would be thrown out and dismissed. You no watch LAW n Order?
There are cases of pappies making mistakes in speeches and they simply apologised and calling to move-on. Aren’t they POFMA? Is just unfair play just becos they hv more muscles. Cannot POFMA papayas becos wil lose face and their skins are also too thick.