The absurdity of trying to execute a mentally disabled man

[Image: 21wkZnl.jpg]

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
[+] 1 user Likes sgbuffett's post

A society can go on without moral logic only for so long.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

It is very tempting to settle such issues using a simple mind (pun intended). Which convicted drug trafficker doesn't have a sob story?

Think deeper: if the precedent is set, what would future drug lords do? They will recruit borderline mentally disabled people to smuggle drugs into Singapore, because these people cannot be executed. When heroine floods into Singapore, then the situation will be truly absurd.

Besides, the question is whether this person knew what he was doing despite his low IQ. He still has a final appeal. I hope he lives, but let justice run its course.
[+] 1 user Likes starbugs's post

(10-11-2021, 09:41 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  A society can go on without moral logic only for so long.

The sentence is final

Smile

if given life imprisonment, there will be more such cases ended up in the jail. if set free, they'll be as if given licence to do drugs. a tough case

Singapore law do not execute murderers, right?

And Singapore law is kind to those with mental issues.

https://www.todayonline.com/singapore/so...it-breaker

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 

(10-11-2021, 09:55 AM)starbugs Wrote:  It is very tempting to settle such issues using a simple mind (pun intended). Which convicted drug trafficker doesn't have a sob story?

Think deeper: if the precedent is set, what would future drug lords do? They will recruit borderline mentally disabled people to smuggle drugs into Singapore, because these people cannot be executed. When heroine floods into Singapore, then the situation will be truly absurd.

Besides, the question is whether this person knew what he was doing despite his low IQ. He still has a final appeal. I hope he lives, but let justice run its course.

There is a reason we don't chop the hands of thieves and hang rapists.

Punishment has to be proportionate.

Drug lords will exploit anyone they value  exploit whether this man hang or not. ...whether thus man is killed or not kill has nothing to do with how the drug lord decides.

what iq level shd be used to decide the sentencing of the drug traffickers? borderline cases how? and shd those with very high iq be spared aso, so their intelligence not wasted?

so whos laughing now?

kingpins n drug lord

(10-11-2021, 09:55 AM)starbugs Wrote:  It is very tempting to settle such issues using a simple mind (pun intended). Which convicted drug trafficker doesn't have a sob story?

Let's assume that this person is executed. Does it stop the drug lords from recruiting mentally disabled person again? No, it doesn't. If the drug lords make use of dogs to carry the drugs, even if the dogs are killed they'll still continue to do the same thing.

Even a murderer who pleads unsound mind and proven to be so, is excused from the gallows

Think carefully.....a murderer ok

Because if your mind is not working, you have to be excused for any crimes you committed under an unsound mind

Mentally disabled is of unsound mind, by genetics

His actions have to be taken in context to his or her ability to comprehend the severity

Hence, this guy should be pardoned under the President's clemency or not even be put on trial at all

Common Sense!