The name of Jesus Christ is the only one by which we can be saved

First reading Acts 4:1-12 ©
While Peter and John were talking to the people the priests came up to them, accompanied by the captain of the Temple and the Sadducees. They were extremely annoyed at their teaching the people the doctrine of the resurrection from the dead by proclaiming the resurrection of Jesus. They arrested them, but as it was already late, they held them till the next day. But many of those who had listened to their message became believers, the total number of whom had now risen to something like five thousand.
  The next day the rulers, elders and scribes had a meeting in Jerusalem with Annas the high priest, Caiaphas, Jonathan, Alexander and all the members of the high-priestly families. They made the prisoners stand in the middle and began to interrogate them, ‘By what power, and by whose name have you men done this?’ Then Peter, filled with the Holy Spirit, addressed them, ‘Rulers of the people, and elders! If you are questioning us today about an act of kindness to a cripple, and asking us how he was healed, then I am glad to tell you all, and would indeed be glad to tell the whole people of Israel, that it was by the name of Jesus Christ the Nazarene, the one you crucified, whom God raised from the dead, by this name and by no other that this man is able to stand up perfectly healthy, here in your presence, today. This is the stone rejected by you the builders, but which has proved to be the keystone. For of all the names in the world given to men, this is the only one by which we can be saved.’
[+] 1 user Likes luncheonmeat's post

trs not true
the human race has been around for over 480,000yrs
the ummodified version goes back millions of yrs
it would mean there are trillions of pple down in hell right now

(05-04-2024, 09:59 PM)singaporean1964 Wrote:  trs not true
the human race has been around for over 480,000yrs
the ummodified version goes back millions of yrs
it would mean there are trillions of pple down in hell right now

trillions..unless included dino era animals.

Can serve from poverty?

What Luke said there doesn't square up with the rest of the Bible. We read in Ezekiel that if the wicked repent, keep the law, and do what is right, all his past offenses will be erased and he will receive salvation. He doesn't even need to know Jesus.

Yes Jesus Christ our Lord holds the key to heaven and hell

No weapons that forms against me shall prosper
No tongue that rises against me I shall condemn 
☝️
[+] 1 user Likes Lukongsimi's post

(06-04-2024, 08:34 AM)Lukongsimi Wrote:  Yes Jesus Christ our Lord holds the key to heaven and hell
Key to Hell?🙄
I thought everyone can go to heaven.

(06-04-2024, 09:23 AM)Hope Wrote:  Key to Hell?🙄

If no hell...Hitler will be disturbing mother Teresa in heaven

(05-04-2024, 09:53 PM)luncheonmeat Wrote:  First reading Acts 4:1-12 ©
While Peter and John were talking to the people the priests came up to them, accompanied by the captain of the Temple and the Sadducees. They were extremely annoyed at their teaching the people the doctrine of the resurrection from the dead by proclaiming the resurrection of Jesus. They arrested them, but as it was already late, they held them till the next day. But many of those who had listened to their message became believers, the total number of whom had now risen to something like five thousand.
  The next day the rulers, elders and scribes had a meeting in Jerusalem with Annas the high priest, Caiaphas, Jonathan, Alexander and all the members of the high-priestly families. They made the prisoners stand in the middle and began to interrogate them, ‘By what power, and by whose name have you men done this?’ Then Peter, filled with the Holy Spirit, addressed them, ‘Rulers of the people, and elders! If you are questioning us today about an act of kindness to a cripple, and asking us how he was healed, then I am glad to tell you all, and would indeed be glad to tell the whole people of Israel, that it was by the name of Jesus Christ the Nazarene, the one you crucified, whom God raised from the dead, by this name and by no other that this man is able to stand up perfectly healthy, here in your presence, today. This is the stone rejected by you the builders, but which has proved to be the keystone. For of all the names in the world given to men, this is the only one by which we can be saved.’

AMEN lah! Big Grin

(06-04-2024, 09:23 AM)Hope Wrote:  Key to Hell?🙄

If you don't believe in Jesus Christ, you will go to hell lah! Big Grin You believe or not leh? Thinking

(06-04-2024, 10:03 AM)cheekopekman Wrote:  If you don't believe in Jesus Christ, you will go to hell lah! Big Grin You believe or not leh? Thinking

Do you believe Jesus?

If you believe what Paul said, that means you don't believe what Jesus said, and vice versa. I will give you an example. Jesus said to pray directly to the Father but Paul said you must pray via Jesus. Which one do you follow? If you follow Paul, that means you believe in Paul more than you believe in Jesus.
[+] 1 user Likes Ali Imran's post

Om mani padme hum🙏

(06-04-2024, 11:27 AM)Ali Imran Wrote:  Do you believe Jesus?

If you believe what Paul said, that means you don't believe what Jesus said, and vice versa. I will give you an example. Jesus said to pray directly to the Father but Paul said you must pray via Jesus. Which one do you follow? If you follow Paul, that means you believe in Paul more than you believe in Jesus.

(06-04-2024, 02:48 PM)Ernesto Wrote:  

Neither am I offended by what he believes. We are given the freedom to believe whatever we want. 

"There is no compulsion in religion" - Quran 2:256

Why do you believe Jesus is God?

(06-04-2024, 02:54 PM)Ali Imran Wrote:  Neither am I offended by what he believes. We are given the freedom to believe whatever we want. 

Are you given the freedom to believe?  Big Grin born to a Muslim family...you can only pray to Allah...you have no free will to choose...potong from a young age  Smile

I do not have a malay friend not a single one of them that told me they were given free will to choose
If you are a malay..100% you are a Muslim...
You will never see a malay in sg that tells you that he is a buddhist or a christian
[+] 1 user Likes pinkpanther's post

(06-04-2024, 03:11 PM)pinkpanther Wrote:  Are you given the freedom to believe?  Big Grin born to a Muslim family...you can only pray to Allah...you have no free will to choose...potong from a young age  Smile

I do not have a malay friend not a single one of them that told me they were given free to choose when they reach maturity... Smile

I was not forced to believe. I can choose to disbelieve if I want to. I can choose not to pray at all. So yes, we have free will in this context.

I've met a few Malays who don't want to believe and proclaim themselves a non-Muslim.

(06-04-2024, 03:11 PM)pinkpanther Wrote:  If you are a malay..100% you are a Muslim...
You will never see a malay in sg that tells you that he is a buddhist or a christian

My childhood friend, Zulkifli Mahmood, is a Malay and he said he is not a Muslim. You can find him at EDMW. He is still there using his real name.

I know of a Malay guy who met a Christian lady and converted to Christianity just so he could marry her. I'm not sure if he believes in the teachings of Christianity.

(06-04-2024, 02:54 PM)Ali Imran Wrote:  Neither am I offended by what he believes. We are given the freedom to believe whatever we want. 

(06-04-2024, 03:26 PM)Ernesto Wrote:  ...

Why do you believe what that guy in the video said is true? 

If he is here, I would ask him this question. Why do you believe the Bible is a reliable source of information when the facts indicate it is unreliable?

(06-04-2024, 03:15 PM)Ali Imran Wrote:  I was not forced to believe. I can choose to disbelieve if I want to. I can choose not to pray at all. So yes, we have free will in this context.

I've met a few Malays who don't want to believe and proclaim themselves a non-Muslim.

You and your bs..no malays will say they are given a free will to choose Islam.. if they are given free will..you will see plenty of malay Christians and malay Buddhists... Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes pinkpanther's post

(06-04-2024, 03:43 PM)pinkpanther Wrote:  You and your bs..no malays will say they are given a free will to choose Islam.. if they are given free will..you will see plenty of malay Christians and malay Buddhists... Big Grin

I am a Malay. I have many Malay friends, really plenty coz I am a friendly guy. So far, I have given you 2 Malays that I know who turned away from Islam. Other than that, all the Malays I know would never convert out of Islam, even if they don't practice Islam. Some may even be drinking beers at coffeeshop but they will still say their religion is Islam.

That's one awesome thing about Muslims. Once we know God is one, it's not easy to make us believe God is three or there is no God.

(06-04-2024, 03:20 PM)Ali Imran Wrote:  My childhood friend, Zulkifli Mahmood, is a Malay and he said he is not a Muslim. You can find him at EDMW. He is still there using his real name.

I know of a Malay guy who met a Christian lady and converted to Christianity just so he could marry her. I'm not sure if he believes in the teachings of Christianity.

Most malays are Muslims...even if you give or take away their free will...they will stick to Islam...this will never change..Don bs me and quote me a few minority cases....

(06-04-2024, 03:48 PM)Ali Imran Wrote:  I am a Malay. I have many Malay friends, really plenty coz I am a friendly guy. So far, I have given you 2 Malays that I know who turned away from Islam. Other than that, all the Malays I know would never convert out of Islam, even if they don't practice Islam. Some may even be drinking beers at coffeeshop but they will still say their religion is Islam.

That's one awesome thing about Muslims. Once we know God is one, it's not easy to make us believe God is three or there is no God.

Lol....plenty of people have answered the Trinity qns...if you do not believe why do you need tonask so many times?

(06-04-2024, 03:43 PM)pinkpanther Wrote:  You and your bs.

I have never said a lie, or given false information. I have an almost impeccable reputation, even when I was at EDMW. 

I know many of you would like to character-assassinate me. It's understandable considering how I am critical of Christianity in particular. OYK tried hard using all sorts of ad hominem, and he even dragged my mother here. But seriously, my integrity remains intact.

I am not a kid. I am 61 years old.

[Image: sitting-happy-wood-buddha-sculpture-bu36...883832.jpg]

(06-04-2024, 03:53 PM)pinkpanther Wrote:  Lol....plenty of people have answered the Trinity qns...if you do not believe why do you need tonask so many times?

I've asked for 2 simple proofs regarding the Trinity. So far, none of you can give me the proof from the Bible.

1. Show me a single biblical prophet or messenger sent by God who taught the Trinity. There is none. LuncheonMeat tried to give me one the other day, the great commission verses. But sadly, that verse was NOT teaching the Trinity. It doesn't say they are one God or equally God. 

2. Show me any personality from the Bible that worships a Triune God. Again there is none.

(06-04-2024, 03:33 PM)Ali Imran Wrote:  Why do you believe what that guy in the video said is true? 

If he is here, I would ask him this question. Why do you believe the Bible is a reliable source of information when the facts indicate it is unreliable?

[+] 1 user Likes Ernesto's post

LuncheonMeat.

Do you know that many Christian scholars believe the great commission verses were also forged? Do you know why? Because, in the book of Acts, many of the baptizing was done in the name of Jesus only. If Jesus had taught them to baptize in the name of the Father the Son and the Holy Spirit, why none of the disciples did that? That's why Christian scholars are suspicious of that verse.

(06-04-2024, 04:03 PM)Ernesto Wrote:  ...

Our Hadith already stands higher than the Bible, based on historical reliability. 

Christianity does not have an equivalent to the Quran.

(06-04-2024, 03:50 PM)pinkpanther Wrote:  Most malays are Muslims...even if you give or take away their free will...they will stick to Islam...this will never change..Don bs me and quote me a few minority cases....

I've done my job if you are now clear that we all can choose to believe in Islam or not.

Most of the Malays will stick to the Islamic faith because the tenets are simple and easy to understand. Even a child can understand the tenets of Islam. 

Now, try explaining to an inquisitive child the Trinity. I dare you. Big Grin