The only reason I hire Singaporeans is to fulfill the quotas and to get EDB subsidies

The only reason I hire Singaporeans is to fulfill the quotas and to get EDB subsidies. Without those, I'll be blunt, Singaporeans are too overpaid and underqualified for every role.

https://www.nuswhispers.com/confession/108726

it is true.

just like the kopi shops pay lao unkers cpf but not employed.
[+] 1 user Likes K88 shu shu's post

(03-05-2024, 10:17 AM)K88 shu shu Wrote:  it is true.  just like the kopi shops pay lao unkers cpf but not employed.

Why post anonymously when the World knows SG and SGreans are NOT CHEAP ?

If coy finds too costly for their business and bottom line, they are welcomed to move to  other *cheaper* places in ASEAN....

So why complain online ? Big Grin

You've got friendly neighbours? Grow Up! 李光耀 2013
[+] 1 user Likes Manthink's post

(03-05-2024, 10:29 AM)Manthink Wrote:  Why post anonymously when the World knows SG and SGreans are NOT CHEAP ?

If coy finds too costly for their business and bottom line, they are welcomed to move to  other *cheaper* places in ASEAN....

why quote my post ?
[+] 1 user Likes K88 shu shu's post

(03-05-2024, 10:31 AM)K88 shu shu Wrote:  why quote my post ?

Why not ? Big Grin

[+] 1 user Likes Manthink's post

(03-05-2024, 10:11 AM)Bigiron Wrote:  The only reason I hire Singaporeans is to fulfill the quotas and to get EDB subsidies. Without those, I'll be blunt, Singaporeans are too overpaid and underqualified for every role.

something is wrong with this employer.

if he wants to get EDB subsidies, he must employ expensive Singaporeans.
if he does not want to employ expensive Singaporeans, he can give up EDB subsidies.

in reality, only govt sector and MNCs can afford to employ expensive Singaporeans.
[+] 1 user Likes forum456's post

(03-05-2024, 10:11 AM)Bigiron Wrote:  The only reason I hire Singaporeans is to fulfill the quotas and to get EDB subsidies. Without those, I'll be blunt, Singaporeans are too overpaid and underqualified for every role.

in the past, employers can have 100% or 90% foreigners in the company.
now, MOM have rules to prevent this anti-Singaporean work culture.

if an employer does not feel anything wrong by having 90% foreigners in the company, there is no point having this kind of employers
in Singapore.
because this kind of employer cannot provide enough jobs for Singaporeans.

in short, if the employer prefers cheap foreigners, please pack up and get lost from Singapore immediately.
[+] 1 user Likes forum456's post

If you set up a business to earn money from Singaporeans, it's not unreasonable to hire Singaporeans. That said, the flexi work law is really quite dumb. I wonder which bird brain in MOM came up with it.

How chap cai png and zichar stalls able to hire many foreign workers? Use names of virtual local workers?

Seriously it is wise decision not to employ Singaporeans. They demand so much benefits and priced themselves out of the workforce. It is so much cheaper to employ foreigners. Now worst, they want flexible work hours, WFH, and 4 days work week because they are easily stressed and suffered mental sickness.     Big Grin

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung
[+] 1 user Likes Huliwang's post

(03-05-2024, 10:29 AM)Manthink Wrote:  Why post anonymously when the World knows SG and SGreans are NOT CHEAP ?

Ya la..
Cheapskate companies can always fly away to cheaper destinations. 
Kpkb for what purposes? 🤣

(03-05-2024, 10:58 AM)forum456 Wrote:  in the past, employers can have 100% or 90% foreigners in the company.

if an employer does not feel anything wrong by having 90% foreigners in the company, there is no point having this kind of employers
in Singapore.

can overcome the quota easily. 
just give them pr and they are considered local.
these are like toilet papers, and have near similar status as sg, except they cannot buy new flat.
but they don’t need new flats, because they have much nicer home in their homeland.

[+] 1 user Likes whylah's post

I think that question in last para is worth thinking about. What is your value you bring to any organisation.

Going back to the TS, if his company is only interested in getting subsidies and using SG as a base means likely tax free haven for 5 or 10 years. Is he/she saying that the company is actually not profitable or viable without the benefits given out by Singapore? If so shouldn't employ foreigners but instead move to a cheaper location outside of Singapore.

The only reason I vote PAP is to fulfill the 60% quotas and to get PG/Merdeka goodies and . Without those, I'll be blunt, PAP ministers are too overpaid and underqualified for every role.

Will you pay a $1 millions for a Army General like Tan Chuan Jin to be minister ?

(03-05-2024, 02:30 PM)forum456 Wrote:  The only reason I vote PAP is to fulfill the 60% quotas and to get PG/Merdeka goodies and . Without those, I'll be blunt, PAP ministers are too overpaid and underqualified for every role.

Will you pay a $1 millions for a Army General like Tan Chuan Jin to be minister ?

We follow a very old system from China where scholars competed in very tough exam, and the best of the best made it to work in the Imperial Palace.

PAP recruits scholars but because our President's Scholars are bonded in the saf, you choose to call them army generals instead of scholars. I suppose the chabors who are bonded elsewhere would shut your mouth.

I don't know what you want, how good is good for you..if you still want the best of the best from the world, then we need more new citizens. Maybe and hopefully someone from China will condescend to come here to become a new citizen and we need a million of them given our low TFR.

Observer = KILLjoy = starbugstk = Dan = lvlrsSTI = OWNER.
Trying so hard to find my Archilles Point wor. Hehe Love

(03-05-2024, 11:05 AM)forum456 Wrote:  in short, if the employer prefers cheap foreigners, please pack up and get lost from Singapore immediately.

Employer are like that one ...

I once dressed down a foreigner who complain about how ex SG and SGreans pay are and says  he will hire "more qualified" and cheaper foreigners if he got the chance.

I Googled for GDP per capital on my phone and shows him this chart...

Then with a smile at him asking - "Why don't you move out to other  MUCH "cheaper" 9 other countries in ASEAN" ?

That shut his mouth for a min.... Big Grin
[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]

(03-05-2024, 02:54 PM)Oyk Wrote:  We follow a very old system from China where scholars competed in very tough exam, and the best of the best made it to work in the Imperial Palace. PAP recruits scholars but because our President's Scholars are bonded in the saf, you choose to call them army generals instead of scholars. I suppose the chabors who are bonded elsewhere would shut your mouth. I don't know what you want, how good is good for you..if you still want the best of the best from the world, then we need more new citizens. Maybe and hopefully someone from China will condescend to come here to become a new citizen and we need a million of them given our low TFR.

Topic is about employers wanting to exploit "cheap" foreign worker and this clueless CECA-minded Oyk complains about scholars and SAF...

What relevant is there ? Big Grin

Many Large Foreign MNCs don’t even bother about EDB Grants. So if local SMEs or GLCs want the Grants, they have to compete in the open market to hire locals and for some cases, overpay them like CECA.

(03-05-2024, 03:56 PM)Manthink Wrote:  Topic is about employers wanting to exploit "cheap" foreign worker and this clueless CECA-minded Oyk complains about scholars and SAF...

What relevant is there ? Big Grin

Pay cheap foreign workers from China $1 million?   Rolleyes

Observer = KILLjoy = starbugstk = Dan = lvlrsSTI = OWNER.
Trying so hard to find my Archilles Point wor. Hehe Love

Underqualified. Why whisper NUS then?

Those foreigners who complain that Singaporeans are expensive because they want to take over our job and pay. If they take over our job, would the foreigners expect the same pay? Of course lah.

Well …. good enough … we can now tell those foreign traxhes … it's actually Singaporeans creating jobs for them  Gesti-109

KTV妹妹说,香港人无义,台湾人无情,新加坂人无智 Big Grin

another issue created generated by the almighty pap

(03-05-2024, 10:58 AM)forum456 Wrote:  in the past, employers can have 100% or 90% foreigners in the company.

in Singapore.

It is the lousy system that allows such thing to happen.
Employers only go for maximise profit.
商人无国界,只有钱能让他们停留。

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

"Singaporeans are too overpaid and underqualified"
Overpaid we maybe have to agree
but underqualified is something is govt that need to listen
how can our education sys produce underqualified,
is because degree holders flooded the market, putting older with only dip and Ite on the fence
or our U or poly grad lousier than foreign
or reskilled course half utilized by Sporeans

If so, Govt review their KPI and also prepare when AI knocking the doors.
Many jobs have to go or reduce role and pay in next few years.
Setting the quotas is essential.

So they forget why they open branch in SG.
To scam singkies monies with the help of pap.