'There is simply not enough talent': Salaries in S'pore set to climb higher

https://www.straitstimes.com/business/ec...imb-higher

Of course, we know

Only this way can PAP import more FTs

to reach 6.9 Million population

That is why I have 30 Reasons NOT to vote for PAP by now.

[Image: CCS-3100-IT-Quota-2021.png]

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 
[+] 1 user Likes Ola's post

I really hate using the word 'talent' on them. Many of them may be ok with their skills but not excellent. They cannot be called talent simply because we do not have enough of them.

This will have adverse effects. For one, it boosts the ego of these people who will think that they are better than the natives (which is not true; they simply have some skills which are needed), and then it will cause dissent among sinkies also.

Edit: In my opinion, a talent is highly sought after in the world and has skills that are among the best in the world. Just look at our so-called foreign talents, do they qualify?

If management is all new citizen and dont give opportunity to local.there will be forever no talent.

not enough doctors, not enough IT, what's been going on?

(31-05-2022, 08:28 PM)Ola Wrote:  Of course, we know

Only this way can PAP import more FTs

to reach 6.9 Million population

That is why I have 30 Reasons NOT to vote for PAP by now.

[Image: CCS-3100-IT-Quota-2021.png]

TOC.

Do you know what happened to them?

You still quite TOC as if it were a credible website?

Either you are still living in the past, or you are trying to be mischievous.

Observer = KILLjoy = starbugstk = Dan = lvlrsSTI = OWNER.
Trying so hard to find my Archilles Point wor. Hehe Love

(31-05-2022, 09:13 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  I really hate using the word 'talent' on them. Many of them may be ok with their skills but not excellent. They cannot be called talent simply because we do not have enough of them.

This will have adverse effects. For one, it boosts the ego of these people who will think that they are better than the natives (which is not true; they simply have some skills which are needed), and then it will cause dissent among sinkies also.

Edit: In my opinion, a talent is highly sought after in the world and has skills that are among the best in the world. Just look at our so-called foreign talents, do they qualify?

GCT was the one who started calling them FTs, but the oppies like you are the ones who perpetuated it for yeeears.

They are here to work, but to call the Foreign Workers may convey the impression that they are here to dig roads or build HDB flats.

Yet, calling them Foreign Talents may be a stretch.

I think we should revert to how we used to call foreigners who worked in PMET job -----> expats.

It used to be the case that expats were well paid ang mohs, Japanese and some South Koreans.  Now that we have spread the net father, there are expats who are Indians, Burmese, Thais, Chinese, Filipinos...

(31-05-2022, 09:55 PM)Oyk Wrote:  TOC.

Do you know what happened to them?

You still quite TOC as if it were a credible website?

Either you are still living in the past, or you are trying to be mischievous.

Did PAP POFMA this article?

YES or NO?

The problem with such headlines is that "tech roles" is a very broad definition when in fact only a small niche of tech related roles are commanding high salaries.

I would say easily 70% - 80% of what people know as IT / Tech roles actually overlap with BPO operations in low wage places like India and Malaysia and their salaries are being very badly depressed right now.

This sort of media hype risks generating false impressions resulting in a whole bunch of students and mid-career switch people rushing over to study whatever subject that sounds techie enough. It's going to be like the EEE, Internet and Biotech labor oversupply all over again.
[+] 1 user Likes maxsanic's post

climb higher but not enough to overcome inflation
is dat higher?
[+] 1 user Likes singlon's post

Those Sneaky CECA must be laughing even more in SG now. Salary increased
[+] 1 user Likes [[ForeverAlone]]'s post

BS...then our school do what?🤔
Teaching wrong thing.

(01-06-2022, 09:37 AM)Ola Wrote:  Did PAP POFMA this article?

YES or NO?

Don't push your luck too far.

(01-06-2022, 10:33 PM)Oyk Wrote:  Don't push your luck too far.

Why you anyhow whack and jump into conclusion

when PAP did not POFMA this article?

Are you trying to threaten others base on your nonsense?

"Not enough talent"...

...after years of having one of the best education system in the world, we end up giving jobs to talents coming from the worst education systems in the world
[+] 1 user Likes simpleman's post

(01-06-2022, 11:01 AM)Bigiron Wrote:  BS...then our school do what?🤔
Teaching wrong thing.

You know what they did?

They merged.

Primary schools merged. Junior colleges also merged.

They did not teach the wrong things. How to even teach when there are no students, so much so that the building is now empty?

And so, we have no choice but to import FTs.

Suck it up man.  Not happy, ban me.  Sheesh....

(02-06-2022, 09:23 AM)Ola Wrote:  Why you anyhow whack and jump into conclusion

when PAP did not POFMA this article?

Are you trying to threaten others base on your nonsense?

I do not believe in threatening people.  You try anything funny, I will report you.

(02-06-2022, 09:32 AM)Oyk Wrote:  I do not believe in threatening people.  You try anything funny, I will report you.

So far, you did not explain why TOC closed down

And if TOC is not credible, is Straits Times Credible?

You are jumping into conclusions

and now trying to report me

Isn't that a threat?

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapor...da-2175986

longchong tio jialat jialut LUT

Keep asking people to take skillfuture course but in the first place can guarantee job plus even you have taken it . You still need to pay and get certified hor. After that employer can give excuse you no working experience hor. What is the use? Knn

(02-06-2022, 10:36 AM)Bigiron Wrote:  Keep asking people to take skillfuture course but in the first place can guarantee job plus even you have taken it . You still need to pay and get certified hor. After that employer can give excuse you no working experience hor. What is the use? Knn

u are right
waste of time money and taxpayer money

this show our m$ are shortsighted

fail in their job
all kick out plse

This news really benefit to CECA here in SG. Bet their salary increase for sure for some.

actually sg got talents, but brain drained to elsewhere. just look at these two cai's:

https://www.zaobao.com.sg/special/report...522-860967

https://baike.baidu.com/item/%E8%94%A1%E...8F/5503306

by now too much money in india already. need to stay friendly. else funny problem start and money all get stock there then is a much bigger problem.
reduce stake in india. not enough credibility rating by their recent acts.

If you ask someone where the best place for tech startups is - many might have Silicon Valley at top of mind, but is that really still the case? 🤔

Today, tech companies in Southeast Asia are both widening their hiring pool and paying top dollar to attract talent. Recruitment veteran Tan Jin Han, APAC Vice President (Technology) at @Selby Jennings, shares insights into how mid-careerists can navigate offers and even switch tracks to join the tech industry! 💼

#SingaporeGlobalNetwork #Tech #Startups

they are bringing in tons

by one word *cannot find*

(31-05-2022, 08:17 PM)forum456 Wrote:  https://www.straitstimes.com/business/ec...imb-higher

Singapore got talent one meh? I don't have leh!

(31-05-2022, 08:17 PM)forum456 Wrote:  https://www.straitstimes.com/business/ec...imb-higher

(02-06-2022, 11:15 AM)Talent Wrote:  u are right
waste of time money and taxpayer money

You are Talent mah!