养儿防老 - is it still relevant?

if not, then what is your plan when you reach old age?

Tan xi?

(07-11-2022, 01:30 PM)fishbuff Wrote:  if not, then what is your plan when you reach old age?

NO MORE RELEVANT IN SPORE >20 YRS AGO as each yr igs getting more n more expensive beocs of pap
is so irrelevant that ex health minister encourage locals to send their parents to johore old folks home 
other countries possible

By then PAP gov sucked me dry already...

疫苗可以不打, 手枪一定要打!
疫苗可以不注射, 精子一定要远射!

Now, old parents scare of 啃老族。 Rotfl

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

Not relevant anymore. Now is parents work hard so that they can leave a lot of money to their children.

I have heard of this, the Child has a PHD. and now already asked the old parents to will the landed property to him. Angry

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

(07-11-2022, 03:19 PM)RiseofAsia Wrote:  I have heard of this, the Child has a PHD. and now already asked the old parents to will the landed property to him. Angry

I believe it will be the same everywhere that have high cost of living and property prices, cos the children will be working their butts off to pay for the huge expenses. It will be worse when they have the YOLO attitude, with little savings.

Like these Shanghai retirees' view on relying on their children:

The people that I know are saving up for their children.

(07-11-2022, 03:19 PM)RiseofAsia Wrote:  I have heard of this, the Child has a PHD. and now already asked the old parents to will the landed property to him. Angry

how about the siblings? get zero ?

You know why in China property prices are so high? That's because chinese parents have to buy houses for their sons so that they could get married. Without a house, nobody will marry them.