7 in 10 Singapore firms ready to move expat staff overseas, rent

The findings, released today, warned that the situation is “not sustainable”.

If business costs do not fall or the Government doesn’t step in to help, then “Singapore will lose its attractiveness to foreign companies which will decide to relocate their offices to neighbouring countries”.

The survey was done in collaboration with 14 European national business groups, the Singapore International Chamber of Commerce, the British Chamber of Commerce Singapore and the Canadian Chamber of Commerce in Singapore.

https://www.malaymail.com/news/singapore...seas/61818

rents need to come down at least 50% to last 2 yrs ago otherwise i i hv to pay >n > non rental property taxes

If more business firms to move overseas
Rental will Auto climb down

No weapons that forms against me shall prosper
No tongue that rises against me I shall condemn 
☝️

The govt should not renew the EP and PR for some of the lower-end earners, to release some pressure from the rental market.

so sad.... so....
[Image: Rhno1uJ.gif]

(31-03-2023, 11:31 AM)starbugs Wrote:  The govt should not renew the EP and PR for some of the lower-end earners, to release some pressure from the rental market.

That could be a solution, to bring down the price of rentals, less demand, more supply, then this downward cost of rentals will be seen......... Big Grin

(31-03-2023, 11:21 AM)Lukongsimi Wrote:  If more business firms to move overseas
Rental will Auto climb down

After moved out rents come down too late.

(31-03-2023, 11:55 AM)Blin Wrote:  After moved out rents come down too late.
Still got others coming in when rent is down
And up again and down again see saw

No weapons that forms against me shall prosper
No tongue that rises against me I shall condemn 
☝️

Foreign Companies have 5% Expats and 50%- 80% FTs. Why should we be overly concern with Expats when the problem is FTs??

Actually for some retirees and investors, renting out rooms in their flat or condo is how they get additional income. With expat and later SPass, WP all leaving there will be a gap and no one want to rent. The group especially retirees that used to earn rental income will be hit hard. One cannot please all groups of ppl.

please don't blame landlord, its a business also right. TOP level tax here tax there, they just follow.

See how hopeless 4G leaders are. Not synchronizing their hands, legs, body at all. Just want to increase gst bulldozing with no thoughts what if their Plan A goes wrong, what's Plan B. Now all kenna kaput. And not only foreign companies and their staff are feeling the hyper costs, but we are also being torture with high hawkers food prices, supermarkets veg prices, etc etc etc. Sack all these people in charge, deduct their $m salaries to pay our costs.

PLEASE read the details lah... That "7/10" complains comes from a survey from 14 Angmoh business groups

Not my problem - in fact, I welcome these AMTK "expat" exit Asia since they cannot effort the region's higher living standard... when jobs sucks back home and their banks crashing ....own countries in a mess.

Good riddance !   Big Grin Clapping

[Image: expatriate-workers-drinking-at-a-british...C1DRD0.jpg]

You've got friendly neighbours? Grow Up! 李光耀 2013
[+] 1 user Likes Manthink's post

(31-03-2023, 11:38 AM)KILLjoy Wrote:  so sad.... so....
[Image: Rhno1uJ.gif]

[Image: b48f89b3a28061b2] Big Grin

no worry

like UK leave EU

UK no EU still survive

[Image: 12ea9860-f8fe-467c-85a2-08d0c3d303cf_FINAL.jpg]

(31-03-2023, 04:19 PM)grotesqueness Wrote:  no worry  like UK leave EU UK no EU still survive

Are the Brit really happy with Brexit now ? Hmm...

Big Grin

https://mothership.sg/2022/09/sterling-p...ar-lowest/

(31-03-2023, 04:45 PM)Manthink Wrote:  Are the Brit really happy with Brexit now ? Hmm...

Big Grin

https://mothership.sg/2022/09/sterling-p...ar-lowest/

British history is not a about happiness

are the londoner happy during The Blitz in WW2?

of course not

nither do they surrender like the france where paris is spared from bombing

UK gone thru The Blitz they will go thru it AGAIN! and ride out the hardship and win the war AGAIN

(31-03-2023, 04:50 PM)grotesqueness Wrote:  British history is not a about happiness are the londoner happy during The Blitz in WW2?
of course not  nither do they surrender like the francewhere paris is spared from bombing
UK gone thru The Blitz they will go thru it AGAIN! and ride out the hardship and win the war AGAIN

Like I said, I don't F care about Brit or AMTK "happy" or not.

it is NOT SGreans nor anyone else business to be bothered with that they had "gone thru". Big Grin

The weaker ones move out, and the stronger ones come in

for example, if more starbutt move out, more luckin will move in. 这就是长江后浪推前浪的道理,适者生存

(31-03-2023, 03:52 PM)A2Z Wrote:  See how hopeless 4G leaders are. Not synchronizing their hands, legs, body at all. Just want to increase gst bulldozing with no thoughts what if their Plan A goes wrong, what's Plan B. Now all kenna kaput. And not only foreign companies and their staff are feeling the hyper costs, but we are also being torture with high hawkers food prices, supermarkets veg prices, etc etc etc. Sack all these people in charge, deduct their $m salaries to pay our costs.

Errr.....what has AMTK complaining they cannot maintain the "EXPAT" living stand in SG got to with SG gov ?

AMTK own gov cannot even provide sufficient good paying jobs back home while the Brit self-pawn with their Briexit

Then UK changed PMs x3 within a few years...with mounting inflation..

That is why they applied to join the CPTPP...a group that is focus on far far away East Asia..

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/03/31/britain-...rexit.html