This Spore Uncle Has Been Living in China for 30 Years

(23-12-2021, 12:47 PM)cityhantam Wrote:  The Chinese believe in honesty and sincerity and that the truth will triumph eventually. They are not so cunning and despicable as Angmoh media and Angmoh politicians.

I do not wish to attach moral superiority to either the Chinese or the westerners, but prefer to analyze the situation from a dispassionate point of view as much as possible.

The best summary of Chinese propaganda ineptness I've heard came from a pro-China foreign influencer (cannot recall the name and actual words already), but what he said captures  the essence of what is wrong with Chinese propaganda.

He was using the Xinjiang "massacre" and "millions in concentration camps" western propaganda as an example. The correct way to persuade and gain international following is to provide real life examples of people with story spiced up with drama. For e.g. a group of Uighur in Xinjiang live tough lives, they went through trial and tribulations, faced doubts from others and luckily someone who just "happens" to be from the government helped them, but in the end they suceeded through their own determination. Must also come with special editing effects and contemporary BGM to create the mood. Standard Hollywood script, but very effective.

But look at what idiocy the Chinese government put up on CGTN - A bunch of Uighurs dressed in traditional clothing dancing happily in the middle of a civic plaza, interviews of people who simply repeat factually what has improved in their everyday lives and worst still, get a local official to regurgitate policy in a dry and cryptic manner. Even if all of this factually true, it's a complete failure of KPI which I presume is to convince more people overseas and counter the western narrative. Unfortunately this sort of “sincere and honest” approach will likely only appeal to people who are already predisposed to view China favorably.

He said he has more freedom in China than in Sg!

Sgbutt, you have not been to China. He has lived in different parts of China for a total of 30 years.

So, who is right?  Thinking

There’s a propaganda war going on around the world against China, people only know about China’s propaganda but what people dunt realise is the western media led by the US has been spreading fake news and misinformation about China as part of anti-China campaign in order to beat China and stop China overtaking the US by 2030. When Americans visited China for the first time they realise what they heard from the US mainstream media about China is totally untrue, watch American YouTubers based in China to share their experience in China….very interesting.

(23-12-2021, 01:18 PM)lvlrsSTI Wrote:  There’s a propaganda war going on around the world against China, people only know about China’s propaganda but what people dunt realise is the western media led by the US has been spreading fake news and misinformation about China as part of anti-China campaign in order to beat China and stop China overtaking the US by 2030. When Americans visited China for the first time they realise what they heard from the US mainstream media about China is totally untrue, watch American YouTubers based in China to share their experience in China….very interesting.

Western media claimed that these Youtubers are paid by CCP to produced propaganda videos for China.

Sgbutt chose to believe these Western Media!  Angry

https://twitter.com/i/status/1473875267437441025

(23-12-2021, 11:58 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Just freedom to vote and support who I want to be my leader.
And also open access to information.

These are the more jmportant things to me.

My french friend has been in China for 10 years and he told me he really like China

(23-12-2021, 01:46 PM)revealer Wrote:  https://twitter.com/i/status/1473875267437441025

Funny video!

Mocking people who fell from height?  Angry

I Brought My Father to China | Our Travel Adventures through China!

(23-12-2021, 01:15 PM)cityhantam Wrote:  He said he has more freedom in China than in Sg!

Sgbutt, you have not been to China. He has lived in different parts of China for a total of 30 years.

So, who is right?  Thinking

he's been addicted to brainwashing by western media for more than 30 yrs
[+] 1 user Likes WhatDoYouThink?'s post

(23-12-2021, 01:36 PM)cityhantam Wrote:  Western media claimed that these Youtubers are paid by CCP to produced propaganda videos for China.

Sgbutt chose to believe these Western Media!  Angry

Actually I view these attacks very positively. Firstly, when all these supposedly "world class" international media outlets like CNN, BBC, NYT, Times, Daily Mail etc. attack these free media producers, whether they like it or not, the stature of their targets will increase significantly.

Secondly, these attacks usually lead to tit for tat rebuttals from both sides which further prolong the exposure of these freelance content creator and further encourage even more foreigners who live in China to join in. Whether they are in it for the traffic and ad revenue isn't that important as long as the end result is a virtuous cycle of more interesting content leading to more viewership which in turn generates more ad revenue.

China government really should thank these people. They've done with limited resources what these bureaucrats couldn't figure out for decades.
[+] 1 user Likes maxsanic's post

Any prc living in US says nice things about angmos? Maybe those suck angmo coks.🤣

So Xi Jin Pig got give him a PRC identity card already ah? Good leh.

(23-12-2021, 04:42 PM)Sharexchange Wrote:  So Xi Jin Pig got give him a PRC identity card already ah? Good leh.

You have a pig brain?  Thinking

(23-12-2021, 12:33 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  I never worry abt them  just the use of word "freedom" is abused.

Plse do not extrapolate to things I did not say.

ya you are right. we shdnt worry for them. we hv many of our own problems to solve

(23-12-2021, 01:46 PM)revealer Wrote:  https://twitter.com/i/status/1473875267437441025

那里还有自由可言。

https://twitter.com/i/status/1474818125757616140