Anwar: I chose to reject the salary of a prime minister

(26-11-2022, 08:04 AM)surfer Wrote:  You think he bothers what other people say? Laughing

DPM Lawrence Wong better wake up his idea lah! Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes cheekopekman's post

(26-11-2022, 08:29 AM)cheekopekman Wrote:  DPM Lawrence Wong better wake up his idea lah! Big Grin
Wake up what idea? ..... Thinking

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung

(26-11-2022, 08:04 AM)surfer Wrote:  You think he bothers what other people say? Laughing

Comes election he will repeat this again

https://www.reuters.com/article/idINIndi...6220110504

(26-11-2022, 11:07 AM)Dan Wrote:  Comes election he will repeat this again

LHL will repeat what he said, if the general election is a hard fought one.........one which the PAP may stand to lose many seats... crying

(26-11-2022, 12:25 AM)Bigbluedot Wrote:  
some one said before: " no alcohol i quit!";  will their ministers say:" no big pay I quit"?

Are you willing to work for low pay or even no pay? Ask yourself

KTV妹妹说,香港人无义,台湾人无情,新加坂人无智 Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes Tangsen's post

(26-11-2022, 11:07 AM)Dan Wrote:  Comes election he will repeat this again

Once bitten twice shy. I will not fall for his rhetoric.

tomorrow will be a better day
[+] 2 users Like surfer's post

Later overtime need to pay lah...

(26-11-2022, 01:04 PM)FangFang Wrote:  Later overtime need to pay lah...

This is done to circumvent the intended ............. Laughing

If a Minister do not have a salary, he will side line … even with salary they also side line

(26-11-2022, 01:50 PM)Tangsen Wrote:  If a Minister do not have a salary, he will side line … even with salary they also side line
It is right to assume that if a minister does not have a salary, then he will tend to moonshine........... Clapping

(25-11-2022, 11:44 PM)debono Wrote:  Your input makes much sense............ Clapping

See the people walking behind him?  Wearing Western suits.

Anwar walked in wearing a very traditional Malay costume, and the obligatory Malay songkok.

It's a dressing which sent a loud message to the bumis.   Politics at its finest, subtle yet powerful.  His dressing would endear himself to any Malay including those who did not vote for him.  I cannot for the life of me imagine any Malay looking at Anwar, wearing a costume which screams "I am one of you!" bearing a hatred so deep that he would want to kill him.

This is why I said I would be surprised if he is assassinated.  

[Image: 10326531-13.jpg]

(25-11-2022, 10:49 PM)Gemstar Wrote:  Anwar seeks a smaller cabinet.  This is the right initiatives and wake-up call to those countries that hv an overflow of ministers or mayors.
Ministers and even mayors doing duplicate jobs are simply wastage of taxpayers money.  These savings shd been used for a more
meaningful cause.

Nobody is stopping you from returning the pink NRIC we gave you, and going back to your motherland.

(26-11-2022, 02:38 PM)Oyk Wrote:  See the people walking behind him?  Wearing Western suits.

Anwar walked in wearing a very traditional Malay costume, and the obligatory Malay songkok.

It's a dressing which sent a loud message to the bumis.   Politics at its finest, subtle yet powerful.  His dressing would endear himself to any Malay including those who did not vote for him.  I cannot for the life of me imagine any Malay looking at Anwar, wearing a costume which screams "I am one of you!" bearing a hatred so deep that he would want to kill him.

Chances are that he will not be assassinated.........cos he is wearing a Malay clothing, and he will be aligned with the Malays................ Clapping
[+] 1 user Likes debono's post

(25-11-2022, 11:05 PM)Tangsen Wrote:  I wont be surprise he get assassinated

if he is assassinated 
it means 4:1 rm to s$

(24-11-2022, 11:21 PM)forum456 Wrote:  “I had announced that the first step to gain back the trust of the rakyat, so that they don’t view ministers and leaders, irrespective of party, irrespective of faith, all of them as being those who only think of salaries, interests, contracts, shares.

He has rejected "salary" which we all know is not high, which means it's not a big loss to him anyway.. Rotfl

Noted.   Big Grin

(26-11-2022, 02:59 PM)talky Wrote:  if he is assassinated 

The Malaysian ringgit had  strengthened against the Singdollar................. Rolleyes

Possible.

(26-11-2022, 03:16 PM)Gemstar Wrote:  Possible.
I doubt it will be 4:1, but perhaps, 3.4:1 Singdollar............. Rolleyes

(26-11-2022, 02:38 PM)Oyk Wrote:  See the people walking behind him?  Wearing Western suits.

Average peasants and even middle class do not have the power, those elite rich Malay will. You think this group give a shit what he wears? He run around naked they also dun care. By not taking salary, he already offended some of his so called "allies or coalition"

Well, that makes another group very happy

(26-11-2022, 04:56 PM)Tangsen Wrote:  Average peasants and even middle class do not have the power, those elite rich Malay will. You think this group give a shit what he wears? He run around naked they also dun care. By not taking salary, he already offended some of his so called "allies or coalition"

(1)  You are wrong.  The peasants have one vote each.  They are not without power collectively.  You should know this from Singapore's politics where even if one is daft, he has power when his vote is combined with others to make 39% collectively.

(2)  You are naive.  You think not taking a salary is a big thing for the rest of his team.  Not so simpur.

(27-11-2022, 12:15 AM)Oyk Wrote:  (1)  You are wrong.  The peasants have one vote each.  They are not without power collectively.  You should know this from Singapore's politics where even if one is daft, he has power when his vote is combined with others to make 39% collectively.

(2)  You are naive.  You think not taking a salary is a big thing for the rest of his team.  Not so simpur.

Ok 1 man 1 vote and Bearish …. works  nudie even 1 man 1 vote …. MY government unable to hung government.
SG, 39% still only less than 10 in a parliament of 80+
True salary is not THAT important to "HIS" team. Under table,  more important. 
BTW … what team?  Rotfl

(27-11-2022, 03:48 PM)Tangsen Wrote:  Ok 1 man 1 vote and Bearish …. works  nudie even 1 man 1 vote …. MY government unable to hung government.
SG, 39% still only less than 10 in a parliament of 80+
True salary is not THAT important to "HIS" team. Under table,  more important. 
BTW … what team?  Rotfl

Mathematics is obviously not your forte.

Why 10 people can get 39% of the votes?

Since mathematics is not your forte, I shall give you more time to think about it before replying.  You may come back in 20 years' time to reply.   Smile

(26-11-2022, 01:02 PM)surfer Wrote:  Once bitten twice shy. I will not fall for his rhetoric.
We know how is to play soft and get tricked. When game is over, they wil go back to square one. Don’t get fooled in the beginning and get regrets later.

(27-11-2022, 09:33 PM)Oyk Wrote:  Mathematics is obviously not your forte.

Why 10 people can get 39% of the votes?

Since mathematics is not your forte, I shall give you more time to think about it before replying.  You may come back in 20 years' time to reply.   Smile

Maybe … but it does not need kindergarten maths to need to conclude Anal-war will not last a full term  Rotfl