Three Malaysians enter Harvard University

https://www.thestar.com.my/news/educatio...university

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

Harvard no longer gives scholarships to one country.

(05-04-2023, 07:00 AM)theold Wrote:  Harvard no longer gives scholarships to one country.

Scholarships shd not be given to rich family(Top 20%) Rotfl

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

all chinese.

In Malaysia, I was told that one can buy good results from the school. So, nothing is great about getting into Harvard.

(05-04-2023, 07:16 AM)K88 shu shu Wrote:  all chinese.

Remember Alvin Tan the ASEAN scholar with 11As for his O level....

(05-04-2023, 07:25 AM)Clyde Wrote:  In Malaysia, I  was told that one can buy good results from the school. So, nothing is great about getting into Harvard.

Harvard is not Manav Bharti University of India.

Harvard is very good? They have knowledge we cannot find kn the Internet or from ChatGPT?

What is so great about Harvard?

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(05-04-2023, 07:25 AM)Clyde Wrote:  In Malaysia, I  was told that one can buy good results from the school. So, nothing is great about getting into Harvard.

Locally buy locally use can. Durian XO.

(05-04-2023, 07:34 AM)Rubitin Wrote:  Locally buy locally use can. Durian XO.

No, I  learned about this from some Malaysians when I was overseas. They were scholars but did badly in their oversea degree.

(05-04-2023, 07:30 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Harvard is very good? They have knowledge we cannot find kn the Internet or from ChatGPT?

Especially for financial sector, is Global Elite U
Older batch of grad often help out or groom junior grad.

Connection.
[+] 1 user Likes watchfirst9's post

The Harvard library alone is made up of many Singapore libraries/ football fields combined.

You have a reading comprehension hardship?

They are not Chinese.  They are Malaysians.

And if they walk around Bugis Junction or ION Orchard, they would be mistaken to be sinkie zoomers.  We do have a very serious TFR problem.  At this rate, the local born sinkie would head toward extinction which is actually not a bad thing.  People like you should not reproduce. Rolleyes

(05-04-2023, 07:30 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Harvard is very good? They have knowledge we cannot find kn the Internet or from ChatGPT?

Harvard had consistently been named the best university in the world.  Therefore graduates from this university are well sort after.............. Big Grin

Turn this on its head, what's so bad about Uptron?  They have knowledge we cannot find kn (sic) the Internet or from Chat GPT?

You can now use your other user id in edmw to tell the 39% to STFU about Ramesh.  Rolleyes

(05-04-2023, 08:02 AM)debono Wrote:  Harvard had consistently been named the best university in the world.  Therefore graduates from this university are well sort after.............. Big Grin

Leong Sze H has a Harvard MBA.

Harvard follows British style. Their form of diversity.

(05-04-2023, 08:04 AM)Clyde Wrote:  Leong Sze H has a Harvard MBA.

So has Mr Chew the CEO of TikTok............................ Big Grin

Singapore has 99 students in Harvard. Malaysia, 34

https://www.hio.harvard.edu/statistics

You can enter Harvard before your results are out—past records and recommendations.

(05-04-2023, 08:02 AM)debono Wrote:  Harvard had consistently been named the best university in the world.  Therefore graduates from this university are well sort after.............. Big Grin

That depends on who does the ranking.

Graduates from the Indian Institute of Technology are sought after even before they graduated.  "Sight after" is too mild a term, we should say "snapped up"

And before some of you get drunk and bring our your kkj in public with ceca ceca ceca, these IIT graduates are snapped up by US corporations like Google, Microsoft.

And in the race for 5G, Chin is now working on 6G. Where's Harvard?

Where are the Harvard students?  One of them, a Singaporean, is teaching there.  He's very famous, he has a brother who is gay.  I suppose it is really so true that those who cannot do, teach.  And those who cannot teach in Harvard give private tuition to Sec 1 boys.   They teach Sec 1 History. Rolleyes

Harvard University is a top school. Only jealous loser BBFAs who can only qualify for ITE will make snide remarks of the successful ones.

(05-04-2023, 08:07 AM)debono Wrote:  So has Mr Chew the CEO of TikTok............................ Big Grin

Mr Chew is the CEO, but the other person....?

Sour grapes. U try getting in see can or not? Laughing
[+] 1 user Likes winbig's post

Until now nobody can explain what js so great about a Harvard education. Just that it is branded and others think it is good.

How relevant js this type  of thinking in the new era of AI, analytics and rapid information age we are in.

Harvard teach some secret knowledge one cannot attain on Coursera or in YouTube Videos?

Looks like outdated thinking.

In today's world we learn continously....

If one wants to learn you don't have to go to Harvard to learn. It's all there you just have to make the effort to find it. And if you can't put in this effort, I don't see how a Harvard education can help you or is such a big deal

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(05-04-2023, 07:28 AM)Rubitin Wrote:  Remember Alvin Tan the ASEAN scholar with 11As for his O level....

sounds familiar alvin tan 
forgot already pls elaborate

(05-04-2023, 08:11 AM)theold Wrote:  You can enter Harvard before your results are out—past records and recommendations.

An outstanding personal portfolio, a good record of community and charity work, perfect scores for tofl, sat, mcat, gre and etc, and above all, a couple of excellent recommendations.

School exam results not so important for admission but important for getting good recommendations. Each school only give a few good ones for each batch of students

(05-04-2023, 07:28 AM)Rubitin Wrote:  Remember Alvin Tan the ASEAN scholar with 11As for his O level....

Yes....Malaysia Boleh... Rotfl

Yes...good US Sch.... Clapping

(05-04-2023, 08:18 AM)winbig Wrote:  Sour grapes. U try getting in see can or not? Laughing

Yes, sour grapes, Harvard U only takes in the best of the best in any cohort.................. Big Grin