TikTok CEO - a "Global" Singaporean.

(24-03-2023, 11:45 AM)Manthink Wrote:  Chew knows he is going into a lion-den with anti-China US politicians going crazy over "CCP" accusations against Tiktok even when its data is all stored in SG and US.

Where the data is stored is not a barometer of whether the data can be accessed and analysed

It's ownership of data that is key, and who pays the piper

He have shown the world his company ability..

(26-03-2023, 07:56 AM)Rubitin Wrote:  we have very outstanding people in their 30 very competitive ones. Thumbs_up
I dun find Shou Chew that outstanding 
He is just a good enough Manager

(26-03-2023, 08:10 AM)Sentinel Wrote:  I dun find Shou Chew that outstanding 
He is just a good enough Manager

We are happy to read that someone see that differently.... Are you a True Blue SGrean ?

You've got friendly neighbours? Grow Up! 李光耀 2013

Singaporean CCP member

(04-04-2023, 10:29 AM)teaserteam Wrote:  Singaporean CCP member

I am happy to share even CCP members understand regardless of white or black cat, as long as can catch mice is a good cat.

Big Grin

[+] 1 user Likes Manthink's post

(26-03-2023, 08:09 AM)FangFang Wrote:  He have shown the world his company ability..

He already doing pretty well long before the World heard of him

Chew delivered report to shareholders in 2019 when he was Xiaomi CFO. Big Grin

https://youtu.be/IjhGF_mG4d4

LW supporting TikTok by showing his trip to Washington DC. Big Grin

https://www.tiktok.com/@lawrencewongst/v...m_webapp=1&sender_device=pc&web_id=7220035109762893314

Run for president.. Kick Harimau's ass..

1. I have served the nation in a combat unit for 2.5 + 10 years. I had fulfilled my duty as a citizen, but has the country do it's part for me?
2. I don't know where the threat of CCP is, but I know the threat of CECA is already at my doorsteps
3. I had been called a CCP, JHK, Pinoy, but they never called me a CECA..
[+] 1 user Likes ArielCasper's post

(09-04-2023, 10:28 PM)ArielCasper Wrote:  Run for president.. Kick Harimau's ass..

Chew has better calling for him than running to be an "elected" president of SG...which itself has become a bad joke now...

As one of 4 major ethnic group, the 40 year old on paper would have only 25% chances since the they changed rule saying candidate must rotate between different races.

Big Grin

(16-04-2023, 05:27 PM)Manthink Wrote:  Chew has better calling for him than running to be an "elected" president of SG...which itself has become a bad joke now...

As one of 4 major ethnic group, the 40 year old on paper would have only 25% chances since the they changed rule saying candidate must rotate between different races.

Big Grin

But the rule on manage a company finance of X millions dollar revenue already ruled most of us out. Since when serve the president of a country need to be highly qualified.. truly sinkie land

1. I have served the nation in a combat unit for 2.5 + 10 years. I had fulfilled my duty as a citizen, but has the country do it's part for me?
2. I don't know where the threat of CCP is, but I know the threat of CECA is already at my doorsteps

(16-04-2023, 07:44 PM)ArielCasper Wrote:  But the rule on manage a company finance of X millions dollar revenue already ruled most of us out. Since when serve the president of a country need to be highly qualified.. truly sinkie land

Yes, the conditions laid down by the MIW will make many disqualified for the post of EP.................... Big Grin

(16-04-2023, 07:44 PM)ArielCasper Wrote:  But the rule on manage a company finance of X millions dollar revenue already ruled most of us out. Since when serve the president of a country need to be highly qualified.. truly sinkie land

This will depend on how one sees this "rule" - is that to prevent competition or to ensure competent characters fit the position, just like any hiring process...
Perhaps by you saying Chew should run for EP...it goes to show the level of trust many has on how our "Madm President" was selected..which is why I said our presidency has become a joke.

(16-04-2023, 08:28 PM)debono Wrote:  Yes, the conditions laid down by the MIW will make many disqualified for the post of EP

Give credit when credit is due - At least the SG system has shown to deliver better result than other countries.
We have seen with our own eyes those +50 Congress Clowns during that famous US "Hearing" Committee vs the Tik Tok CEO.

Joke of the town after the Congress "Hearing" session - Who is more "qualified" ? Big Grin
[Image: 1679594426076.jpg]

[+] 1 user Likes Manthink's post

(04-04-2023, 10:40 AM)Manthink Wrote:  He already doing pretty well long before the World heard of him

Chew delivered report to shareholders in 2019 when he was Xiaomi CFO. Big Grin

https://youtu.be/IjhGF_mG4d4
He was already a millionaire at 36 and served 2 yrs NS too. In 10yrs from intern to CFO of 2 top world IT company. Totally self made in his own capability and didn't rely on connections

(17-04-2023, 10:19 AM)Harry Lee Wrote:  He was already a millionaire at 36 and served 2 yrs NS too. In 10yrs from intern to CFO of 2 top world IT company. Totally self made in his own capability and didn't rely on connections

Chew definitely is the result of our Bilingual educational system + exposure to the best education the world can offer + opportunities overseas.

I may even add the NS takan experience somehow drill us in (proper) handling of psychos who demand "Yes/No" answers... especially against characters (minus the rank) whom NSF have little or no respect while in camp. Big Grin

(17-04-2023, 10:31 AM)Manthink Wrote:  Chew definitely is the result of our Bilingual educational system + exposure to the best education the world can offer + opportunities overseas.

I may even add the NS takan experience somehow drill us in (proper) handling of psychos who demand "Yes/No" answers... especially against authorities whom NSF have little or no respect while in camp. Big Grin

Yes, Chew had benefited from our bi-lingual education, and this had stood him in good stead for the post of TikTok's CEO.  Also he had a good education at Harvard uni...... Big Grin

(17-04-2023, 10:08 AM)Manthink Wrote:  This will depend on how one sees this "rule" - is that to prevent competition or to ensure competent characters fit the position, just like any hiring process...
Perhaps by you saying Chew should run for EP...it goes to show the level of trust many has on how our "Madm President" was selected..which is why I said our presidency has become a joke.

Give credit when credit is due - At least the SG system has shown to deliver better result than other countries.
We have seen with our own eyes those +50 Congress Clowns during that famous US "Hearing" Committee vs the Tik Tok CEO.

Joke of the town after the Congress "Hearing" session - Who is more "qualified" ? Big Grin
[Image: 1679594426076.jpg]

I say "Chew should run for EP." because he is the only one that I know who is not a civil servant and yet meet the stupid conditions lay out.

Don't forget, with the stupid conditions, even CTO of Apple (or equivalent position) won't qualify because of the managed X millions financially condition. Chew is lucky because he was CFO of Xiao Mi, so no matter how they argue, cannot deem him as unqualified on that criteria.

If a uneducated can gather enough votes to be a president, who is there to say he/she isn't qualify? If he/she turned out to be a bad president, then who vote who suffer. Simple as that.

Look at Poland president Lech Wałęsa.. A electrician can be a president.. Like that who can say electrician got no future.

When PM spoke of Singapore-brand and urging Singaporeans "to aim high and seek far..." in Parliament this week, Chew came to my mind.

The 40 years old SGrean professionalism and calm handling during the political-driven "hearing" in US capital last month shows the importance of  having good international reputation - and turning opportunities into successes and keeping consistent principles.

[Image: c5dcc1a1ce4820900784a535018057c7]
https://mothership.sg/2023/04/pm-lee-sin...eputation/

紐約時報記者揪著這問題不放 被TikTo CEO周受資"反殺"!

(24-03-2023, 01:15 PM)debono Wrote:  A graduate of Harvard uni. must respect............................. Big Grin

World Number One today. I think Xi's daughter graduated by now.

(17-04-2023, 10:23 PM)ArielCasper Wrote:  I say "Chew should run for EP." because he is the only one that I know who is not a civil servant and yet meet the stupid conditions lay out.

Don't forget, with the stupid conditions, even CTO of Apple (or equivalent position) won't qualify because of the managed X millions financially condition. Chew is lucky because he was CFO of Xiao Mi, so no matter how they argue, cannot deem him as unqualified on that criteria.  If a uneducated can gather enough votes to be a president, who is there to say he/she isn't qualify? If he/she turned out to be a bad president, then who vote who suffer. Simple as that. Look at Poland president Lech Wałęsa.. A electrician can be a president.. Like that who can say electrician got no future.

Errr...you clearly confusing the games of Politics vs performance-driven baseline in the Private sector.
What's the point of running for EP when your skin-colour matters in the selection process? So I don't understand WTF has this to do with Poland.

Speaking of Political game, before Chew came, Tik Tok has a Angmoh American CEO who quit because of political pressure not from China, by gov US gov.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/27/techn...esign.html

(17-05-2023, 10:49 AM)Manthink Wrote:  Errr...you clearly confusing the games of Politics vs performance-driven baseline in the Private sector.
What's the point of running for EP when your skin-colour matters in the selection process? So I don't understand WTF has this to do with Poland.

Speaking of Political game, before Chew came, Tik Tok has a Angmoh American CEO who quit because of political pressure not from China, by gov US gov.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/27/techn...esign.html
My point is what has education/job qualification got to do with EP. Every citizen should have the chance to be EP.

As for skin colour, it goes against our pledge, because our pledge say regardless of race, language or religion.

Poland show us the example that it doesnt matter better someone of low education was elected as president.

(17-05-2023, 07:07 PM)ArielCasper Wrote:  My point is what has education/job qualification got to do with EP. Every citizen should have the chance to be EP.

As for skin colour, it goes against our pledge, because our pledge say regardless of race, language or religion.

Poland show us the example that it doesnt matter better someone of low education was elected as president.
Twice president of Brazil was a primary school dropout. He was very poor and need to support family

(17-05-2023, 07:07 PM)ArielCasper Wrote:  My point is what has education/job qualification got to do with EP. Every citizen should have the chance to be EP.

Let's do a simple reality check - Everynow knows EP is nothing more than just a national Wayang-show participant while Chew has succeeded overseas without the benefit of SG gov..

None of the above has anything to do with Poland - So I fail to see your comment relevance here.

Big Grin

F...k lah. Let halimah earn the salary and go off. Talk so much cock also no use.

Get real. So long u earn SGD and spend in SG, it doesn't matter.

Smile

(18-05-2023, 01:08 PM)Niubee Wrote:  F...k lah. Let halimah earn the salary and go off. Talk so much cock also no use.
Get real. So long u earn SGD and spend in SG, it doesn't matter.

That's precisely what Chew did - he return to SG and bought a S$86 million GCB in district 10. Big Grin

(18-05-2023, 12:16 PM)Manthink Wrote:  Let's do a simple reality check - Everynow knows EP is nothing more than just a national Wayang-show participant while Chew has succeeded overseas without the benefit of SG gov..

None of the above has anything to do with Poland - So I fail to see your comment relevance here.

Big Grin
EP is nothing more than just a national Wayang-show. Agreed

Chew has succeeded overseas without the benefit of SG gov.. I have no info so no comment.

None of the above has anything to do with Poland. Go read up Lech Wałęsa.

(18-05-2023, 07:12 PM)ArielCasper Wrote:  EP is nothing more than just a national Wayang-show. Agreed
Chew has succeeded overseas without the benefit of SG gov.. I have no info so no comment.
None of the above has anything to do with Poland. Go read up Lech Wałęsa.

Ah - since you insist. The ex-Polish worker-turn-president has no say on his country direct today. Which the country today deals with China in trade and question why some of its EU "allies" says otherwise? So tell me why Poland rejects banning Tik Tok ?

Big Grin

The Polish government will continue using TikTok, including for electoral purposes, the ruling party PiS, which has also asked the European Commission to provide further justification for its recent decision to ban the social media app from staff devices....
https://www.euractiv.com/section/politic...staff-ban/

(19-05-2023, 12:14 PM)Manthink Wrote:  Ah - since you insist. The ex-Polish worker-turn-president has no say on his country direct today. Which the country today deals with China in trade and question why some of its EU "allies" says otherwise? So tell me why Poland rejects banning Tik Tok ?

Big Grin

The Polish government will continue using TikTok, including for electoral purposes, the ruling party PiS, which has also asked the European Commission to provide further justification for its recent decision to ban the social media app from staff devices....
https://www.euractiv.com/section/politic...staff-ban/

Well, even u also know he is a worker turn president 

Can that happen in sinkie land? No. Because the system don't allow an electrician to run for EP, unless this electrician is also a CFO of a mult billion company.

(19-05-2023, 12:53 PM)ArielCasper Wrote:  Well, even u also know he is a worker turn president 
Can that happen in sinkie land? No. Because the system don't allow an electrician to run for EP, unless this electrician is also a CFO of a mult billion company.

Correction - gov is NOT a private enterprise.
and running Multi billion $ enterprise like Tik Tok is unlike running a country.
So expecting CEO of a private coy to run for EP shows how unrealistic this wish can be in SG context.