To have SG's Chinese Core...we should have SAP University - George Yeo

actually does anybody takes him seriously when he cldnt even win an election?

(26-06-2023, 12:56 PM)menghuii Wrote:  actually does anybody takes him seriously when he cldnt even win an election?

No one took GY seriously, that was why he lost the 2011 GRC to a WP lead by a Teo-Chew speaking oppie leader.

Perhaps it was after quitting politics awaken George to the fact cultural affinity, is not something one should take it lightly

You've got friendly neighbours? Grow Up! 李光耀 2013

(26-06-2023, 12:52 PM)Manthink Wrote:  SG clearly believes in university rankings - this why we often hear about this MSM.

On the contrary, there is no such ranking for xxx universities having Nobel prize count since the Norwegian organsiation selection process is increasingly shown to be politically driven.
Some ppl may think that the awarding of Nobel prize is politically driven, but for nus to rank higher than Tokyo uni u think that it is justified? Do u think that the Tokyo uni professors who got the prize really did not do groundbreaking work but awarded simply based on politics? When have u heard nus or ntu announcing breakthroughs that show that they deserve Nobel prize?

I know how university rankings are decided. Decided by many factors and not just academic excellence.

(26-06-2023, 02:18 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  Some ppl may think that the awarding of Nobel prize is politically driven, but for nus to rank higher than Tokyo uni u think that it is justified? Do u think that the Tokyo uni professors who got the prize really did not do groundbreaking work but awarded simply based on politics? When have u heard nus or ntu announcing breakthroughs that show that they deserve Nobel prize? I know how university rankings are decided. Decided by many factors and not just academic excellence.

Errr...winning nobel prize hsa nothing to do with university ranking lah.
I am curious about you claim - which Jap uni university had won nobel prize and result topping a university ranking ?

https://www.usnews.com/education/best-gl...ities/asia

You've got friendly neighbours? Grow Up! 李光耀 2013