I noticed Western folks like to retire whereas our SG scare

(06-07-2024, 04:31 PM)Huliwang Wrote:  PAP under LW sure get below 50,% lah.  You see Chee Soon Juan jumping out and very noisy lately because all the old birds not around anymore and left one young calf leading who dunno what is a tiger.     Big Grin

Smile LW , I think he wanna get rid CCS , OYK those never vote for him hehe also good. Neverthless LW surely know PAP again is ruling party rah. He don't mind votes drop means CCS and OYK , Josp these people voted out but I see also hard partly their GRCs always have strong PAP voters behind.

The perception is a biased sample issue. You have to realise that the angmo retirees that we see in Asia tend to be those who worked white collar jobs and earned decent salaries. Hence they have high savings and pension, which makes it possible to retire comfortably. The less well-off angmo retirees remained stucked in their home countries, depending on food stamps, charity handouts or begging

(06-07-2024, 04:43 PM)starbugs Wrote:  The perception is a biased sample issue. You have to realise that the angmo retirees that we see in Asia tend to be those who worked white collar jobs and earned decent salaries. Hence they have high savings and pension, which makes it possible to retire comfortably. The less well-off angmo retirees remained stucked in their home countries, depending on food stamps, charity handouts or begging

Isn't the same? Some Singaporean go retire at Malaysia or Thailand as the cost of living there is cheaper and more greenery more things to explore.
Likwise , yea a lot Ang mo retire enjoy life at Thailand all along.

(06-07-2024, 02:38 PM)moonrab Wrote:  I stayed in HK before. They have more mountains to hike. Night clubbing. Bigger area in Kowloon encompasses the northern part of Hong Kong, on the mainland across Victoria Harbour. More cluttered and unfriendly to the elderly to walk about.

Normally they will travel towards SZ or GZ for more activities. Kind of like we go JB.

Singapore is a small island city, but definitely not boring la.. 
Only You don't how to enjoy it...🤣

And it is definitely more friendly user towards elderly and handicap people to move around. That's my point and I find Singapore is a better city to live in.

But then you couldn't name many of those activities that ppl do, except cycling and that it is friendly towards elderly. Thats speaks so much of it being a better placed to live in.

Ignore List: Oyk

(07-07-2024, 12:17 AM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  But then you couldn't name many of those activities that ppl do, except cycling and that it is friendly towards elderly. Thats speaks so much of it being a better placed to live in.

Why should I? Enjoying myself in Singapore is my private matter, living is a bliss 😊 over here. 
Anyway, go Google you can easily learn, don't be lazy;..

Here are some details about the cost of building and enhancing the Park Connector Network (PCN) in Singapore ¹:
- $80 million on park development
- $90 million on park redevelopment
- Over $145 million on enhancing islandwide connectivity through park connectors and recreational routes
- Total cost: over $315 million
- Target completion date: 2030
- Goal: to establish 500km of park connectors and a network of eight recreational routes spanning 360km by 2030.

You can spend days exploring the 500km pcn.  

Here are some recreation activities in Singapore;

- Hike along the Southern Ridges: A beautiful open expanse that connects Mount Faber Park, Telok Blangah Hill Park, HortPark, Kent Ridge Park and Labrador Nature Reserve.
- Stroll through Gardens by the Bay: A huge greenhouse that holds different types of trees and flowers.
- Refined culinary skills: Enroll in cooking and baking classes to refine your culinary skills.
- Discover urban farming: Visit urban farms and gardening workshops like Edible Gardens and Bollywood Farms.
- Try a new sport: Try martial arts like boxing, Muay Thai or Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu.
- Stand up paddle boarding: A fun and great way to stay fit.
- Visit museums and art galleries: There are over 30 museums in Singapore that offer free entrance fees.
- Tree top adventure course: A fun and challenging outdoor activity.
- Marina Bay Night Cycling Tour: A great way to see Marina Bay at night.

Here are some advantages of living in Singapore:

1. *Safety and security*: Singapore is considered one of the safest cities in the world, with low crime rates.
2. *Efficient transportation*: Singapore has a well-developed public transportation system, making it easy to get around.
3. *World-class healthcare*: Singapore has a high-quality healthcare system, with access to excellent medical facilities and professionals.
4. *Clean and green environment*: Singapore is known for its cleanliness and green spaces, making it a pleasant place to live.
5. *Multicultural society*: Singapore is a melting pot of different cultures, offering a unique and diverse living experience.
6. *Business and career opportunities*: Singapore is a global business hub, offering many career opportunities and a thriving economy.
7. *Excellent education system*: Singapore has a well-regarded education system, with top-ranked universities and schools.
8. *Food paradise*: Singapore is famous for its delicious and diverse food scene, with many culinary options available.
9. *Vibrant arts and culture scene*: Singapore has a thriving arts and culture scene, with many museums, galleries, and performances.
10. *Convenience and efficiency*: Singapore is known for its efficiency and convenience, with many services and amenities available 24/7.

Overall, Singapore offers a high quality of life, making it an attractive place to live, work, and play.

(07-07-2024, 06:08 AM)moonrab Wrote:  Why should I? Enjoying myself in Singapore is my private matter, living is a bliss 😊 over here. 
Anyway, go Google you can easily learn, don't be lazy;..

Here are some details about the cost of building and enhancing the Park Connector Network (PCN) in Singapore ¹:
- $80 million on park development
- $90 million on park redevelopment
- Over $145 million on enhancing islandwide connectivity through park connectors and recreational routes
- Total cost: over $315 million
- Target completion date: 2030
- Goal: to establish 500km of park connectors and a network of eight recreational routes spanning 360km by 2030.

You can spend days exploring the 500km pcn.  

Here are some recreation activities in Singapore;

- Hike along the Southern Ridges: A beautiful open expanse that connects Mount Faber Park, Telok Blangah Hill Park, HortPark, Kent Ridge Park and Labrador Nature Reserve.
- Stroll through Gardens by the Bay: A huge greenhouse that holds different types of trees and flowers.
- Refined culinary skills: Enroll in cooking and baking classes to refine your culinary skills.
- Discover urban farming: Visit urban farms and gardening workshops like Edible Gardens and Bollywood Farms.
- Try a new sport: Try martial arts like boxing, Muay Thai or Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu.
- Stand up paddle boarding: A fun and great way to stay fit.
- Visit museums and art galleries: There are over 30 museums in Singapore that offer free entrance fees.
- Tree top adventure course: A fun and challenging outdoor activity.
- Marina Bay Night Cycling Tour: A great way to see Marina Bay at night.

Here are some advantages of living in Singapore:

1. *Safety and security*: Singapore is considered one of the safest cities in the world, with low crime rates.
2. *Efficient transportation*: Singapore has a well-developed public transportation system, making it easy to get around.
3. *World-class healthcare*: Singapore has a high-quality healthcare system, with access to excellent medical facilities and professionals.
4. *Clean and green environment*: Singapore is known for its cleanliness and green spaces, making it a pleasant place to live.
5. *Multicultural society*: Singapore is a melting pot of different cultures, offering a unique and diverse living experience.
6. *Business and career opportunities*: Singapore is a global business hub, offering many career opportunities and a thriving economy.
7. *Excellent education system*: Singapore has a well-regarded education system, with top-ranked universities and schools.
8. *Food paradise*: Singapore is famous for its delicious and diverse food scene, with many culinary options available.
9. *Vibrant arts and culture scene*: Singapore has a thriving arts and culture scene, with many museums, galleries, and performances.
10. *Convenience and efficiency*: Singapore is known for its efficiency and convenience, with many services and amenities available 24/7.

Overall, Singapore offers a high quality of life, making it an attractive place to live, work, and play.

Aiya, you hold on to your opinion and I hold on to mine ok? Dun try to convince me because I've lived overseas for a very long period of time and I know what I can do there, compared to what I do here. 

Our food is nothing compared to what I can get in HK and China. Again, dun try to convince me cos I knos this is true.

(07-07-2024, 05:07 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  Aiya, you hold on to your opinion and I hold on to mine ok? Dun try to convince me because I've lived overseas for a very long period of time and I know what I can do there, compared to what I do here. 

Our food is nothing compared to what I can get in HK and China. Again, dun try to convince me cos I knos this is true.

You replied I couldn't name many of those activities that ppl do mah...🤣

(07-07-2024, 05:42 PM)moonrab Wrote:  You replied I couldn't name many of those activities that ppl do mah...🤣

Name then name lor but dun say that I'm lazy and dunno how to google. You think I really dunno what I can do in Spore meh? Besides going to the parks and shopping centres which are free, most other places are expensive like shit. If talking about parks there are much better parks overseas. Even museums here are a far cry from what I can see elsewhere.

(07-07-2024, 05:56 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  Name then name lor but dun say that I'm lazy and dunno how to google. You think I really dunno what I can do in Spore meh? Besides going to the parks and shopping centres which are free, most other places are expensive like shit. If talking about parks there are much better parks overseas. Even museums here are a far cry from what I can see elsewhere.

Ok you are not lazy..🤣

One man's meat is another's poison..cheers!