Tonight US CPI numbers ....Will it kill the stock recovery?

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/07/12/consumer...aking.html

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

It will.
Futures already red red.
[+] 1 user Likes Alice Alicia's post

I already predicted

Why you still ask such questions?

The US market tonight is likely to ignore the CPI numbers for the reasons described here

https://skyjuiceiswater.blogspot.com/202...jumpspot19

(13-07-2022, 12:09 PM)Sentinel Wrote:  I already predicted

Why you still ask such questions?

Cos u may have taken over him as the reverse indicator mah.  Laughing

Stupid EU kena play kokee daddy

Food and energy not included in the CPI lah…

You think so easy to catch inflation monster.
Wait long long! No drastic action, it wont drop. Recent tightening only reduction in 10% of money. Still have 90% of money inside the market.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

The number will not be pretty

Good news is oil prices fall below $100

(13-07-2022, 12:04 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  https://www.cnbc.com/2022/07/12/consumer...aking.html

Tonight is a rally

(13-07-2022, 12:24 PM)winbig Wrote:  Cos u may have taken over him as the reverse indicator mah.  Laughing

You mean blakang pusing like your buttside is it?

Full Moon liao la expect big swing...so simple

Biden going to Saudi. 
Oil price may drop. 
Give 'oldman' face.

(13-07-2022, 01:36 PM)Migrant Wrote:  Biden going to Saudi. 
Oil price may drop. 
Give 'oldman' face.

An unwelcome guest!
Really very daring to go there at this moment. Rotfl

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

He was given the title of Zhuge Liang but now uplorry. No joke!

https://www.ndtv.com/world-news/opec-hea...4572/amp/1

(13-07-2022, 12:43 PM)RiseofAsia Wrote:  Food and energy not included in the CPI lah…

Wait long long! No drastic action, it wont drop. Recent tightening only reduction in 10% of money. Still have 90% of money inside the market.
R u saying food energy nothing to do with inflation and market will fall badly tonight?

(13-07-2022, 12:43 PM)RiseofAsia Wrote:  Food and energy not included in the CPI lah…

Food and energy are included lah. It's called consumer price index. We consume food and energy of course they are included.

(13-07-2022, 02:36 PM)winbig Wrote:  Food and energy are included lah. It's called consumer price index. We consume food and energy of course they are included.

You consume food and energy meh? Really ah?

(13-07-2022, 02:43 PM)Sentinel Wrote:  You consume food and energy meh? Really ah?

Oh I forgot u consume offerings for the dead. No wonder u dunno. Rotfl

(13-07-2022, 02:48 PM)winbig Wrote:  Oh I forgot u consume offerings for the dead. No wonder u dunno. Rotfl

I was going to say you consume red candles like Tangsee, but then again, maybe you consume sheet instead

Inflation worse than expected.
Dow plunge. Many traders are shorting like crazy for quick profits.

[Image: HAxQyfv.jpg]

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

(13-07-2022, 08:44 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Inflation worse than expected.
Dow plunge. Many traders are shorting like crazy for quick profits.

[Image: HAxQyfv.jpg]

The shorts covering will be coming very soon

(13-07-2022, 08:49 PM)Zannn Wrote:  The shorts covering will be coming very soon

Actually  I detect buying so market will bounce up soon.

(13-07-2022, 09:04 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Actually  I detect buying so market will bounce up soon.

This time yr system is correct

https://www.investopedia.com/articles/07...eindex.asp

Over the years, the methodology used to calculate the CPI has undergone numerous revisions. According to the BLS, the changes removed biases that caused the CPI to overstate the inflation rate. The new methodology takes into account changes in the quality of goods and substitution. Substitution, the change in purchases by consumers in response to price changes, changes the relative weighting of the goods in the basket.

The overall result tends to be a lower CPI. However, critics view the methodological changes and the switch from a COGI to a COLI as a purposeful manipulation that allows the U.S. government to report a lower CPI.

William's alternate CPI calculation showed that the U.S. inflation rate surged to over 16% in the Spring of 2022, or more than double official CPI figures.

(13-07-2022, 08:49 PM)Zannn Wrote:  The shorts covering will be coming very soon

Those in shorts better cover fast wor

(13-07-2022, 11:07 PM)Zannn Wrote:  Those in shorts better cover fast wor

Adding more short wish me luck   Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes cwc29's post

(13-07-2022, 11:28 PM)cwc29 Wrote:  Adding more short wish me luck   Big Grin

If Ah butt said long you ka ka short sure win de  Tongue

https://youtu.be/Kl_4WxQc4fI
[+] 1 user Likes singlon's post

As expected, the market generally ignored the CPI. At one stage around 1:00pm, it went up 400 points to cover the gap. Now observe if it will get back up again; if so, there is a good chance to see some lights ahead or else, it will go down to test the supports.

[Image: Screenshot-2022-07-14-090801.jpg]