Tourists arrival 2023: Malaysia 18 mio Vs Singapore 13.6 mio

."Tourism Malaysia: Industry close to pre-pandemic level, 18 million tourists last year surpassed target"
https://www.malaymail.com/news/malaysia/...d%20target

"The number of international visitors arriving in Singapore doubled in 2023, according to an article by Bloomberg.

The number of arrivals reached 13.6 million, with most of them coming from Indonesia, China, and Malaysia. The total was only 71% of the international visitor arrivals recorded in 2019.2 Feb 2024"

Malaysia is so much bigger than red dot, how come only got 18 million while Spore managed to attract 13.6 million?
[+] 3 users Like LittleBirdStreet's post

(23-02-2024, 12:24 PM)Scythian Wrote:  "The number of international visitors arriving in Singapore doubled in 2023, according to an article by Bloomberg.

Were they in S'pore to launder their money?

Over the years, Singapore Govt, SIA and Tourists Board advertised and promoting Singapore as tourist destination.

Yet, on records, the results were not satisfactory..

(23-02-2024, 02:25 PM)Scythian Wrote:  Over the years, Singapore Govt, SIA and Tourists Board advertised and promoting Singapore as tourist destination.

Yet, on records, the results were not satisfactory..

main reason not achieving the target is EXPENSIVENESS!!

ANG MO LADY PAID $120/** FROM AIR SHOW  SITE BACK TO CBD HOTEL.THAT IS MORE EXPENSIVE THAN IN AUSTRALIA 3 X MORE EXPENSIVE THAN IN MALAYSIA

(23-02-2024, 02:17 PM)LittleBirdStreet Wrote:  Malaysia is so much bigger than red dot, how come only got 18 million while Spore managed to attract 13.6 million?

I went to Malacca. Counted as one tourist.

On the same SBS 170 that day were many boomers who just dropped off at JB and would return later the same day. Counted as many tourists.

Over and over, Malacca sells Dutch Square and Admiral Cheng Ho. Bus loads of Chinese go there to stand in front of a stone that says I  Heart Melaka and take a photo.

Meanwhile Singaporeans who go there would head for the Malay chendol stall across the road.

Nothing much else. To see to do.

Jonker Street?

Waste of time.

Malacca has a population density in my guesstimation 1/15th of Singapore's. The economy there is in a really bad shape.

Observer = KILLjoy = starbugstk = Dan = lvlrsSTI = OWNER.
Trying so hard to find my Archilles Point wor. Hehe Love

(23-02-2024, 02:17 PM)LittleBirdStreet Wrote:  Malaysia is so much bigger than red dot, how come only got 18 million while Spore managed to attract 13.6 million?

Singapore ranked No.1 world's highest IQ
No.1 Best airlines
No.1 Best airport
World's highest paid politicians

How come Lost to Malaysia..?

singapur

13.6 million aka tourists breakdown

13 million came here
for jobseeking+medical+哥哥可以请我吃饭

600,000 came here
cuz
too rich and stupid to even be here

Do we count those in transit? Now, few people dare to transit in the Middle East.

(23-02-2024, 08:37 PM)theold Wrote:  Do we count those in transit? Now, few people dare to transit in the Middle East.

Malaysian factory workers coming in everyday added as tourists?

(23-02-2024, 07:48 PM)Scythian Wrote:  Singapore ranked No.1 world's highest IQ
No.1 Best airlines
No.1 Best airport
World's highest paid politicians

How come Lost to Malaysia..?

Lost?
You really pea brain le...🤣🤣🤣
Getting smaller from each post..🤭

(23-02-2024, 08:37 PM)theold Wrote:  Do we count those in transit? Now, few people dare to transit in the Middle East.

Those transit passengers given few hours free tour @ Orchard Road, exit Changi Airport  are considered and  added as arrival.

(23-02-2024, 08:50 PM)moonrab Wrote:  Lost?
You really pea brain le...🤣🤣🤣
Getting smaller from each post..🤭

Malaysia beaten Singapore with hands down..
Total failure

(23-02-2024, 02:25 PM)Scythian Wrote:  Over the years, Singapore Govt, SIA and Tourists Board advertised and promoting Singapore as tourist destination. Yet, on records, the results were not satisfactory..

Remember how S'pore was promoted as a Medical Tourism Hub, but our doctors and hospitals in the private sector decided to cut the throats of foreign patients to put that initiative to a premature death?  

(23-02-2024, 08:56 PM)Scythian Wrote:  Those transit passengers given few hours free tour @ Orchard Road, exit Changi Airport  are considered and  added as arrival.

The Football Association of S'pore (FAS) counts the spectators given complimentary tickets, players, referees, team coaching staff, ushers, ball pickers, press and vendors selling refreshments etc. in the reported attendance for S'pore Premier League games. This is how statistics are gathered in S'pore.  

My Aussie ex- colleague said she went to Malaysia for one week holiday

"It was Horrible!"

referring to the hygiene, cleanliness . . .

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 

(24-02-2024, 04:26 PM)Scythian Wrote:  Malaysia beaten Singapore with hands down..
Total failure

You happy can liao..🤣🤣🤣

Singapore so tiny island can get 13m tourists is considered not bad Liao.

No weapons that forms against me shall prosper
No tongue that rises against me I shall condemn 
☝️

(24-02-2024, 05:21 PM)Lukongsimi Wrote:  Singapore so tiny island can get 13m tourists is considered not bad Liao.

Only the pea brain doesn't understand it..🤣🤣🤣
Or purposely present to be goondu..🤭

(24-02-2024, 05:24 PM)moonrab Wrote:  Only the pea brain doesn't understand it..🤣🤣🤣

Hatred lah

☝️
[+] 1 user Likes Lukongsimi's post

(24-02-2024, 05:24 PM)moonrab Wrote:  Only the pea brain doesn't understand it..🤣🤣🤣
World's No.1 EU PISA test
World's Highest IQ
World's richest country
World's best airlines
World's best airport

Yet, TKO by an unknown

Half come here to spread their legs!

(24-02-2024, 05:27 PM)Lukongsimi Wrote:  Hatred lah

Yep 
Hatred until becoming goondu 🤣

(24-02-2024, 06:47 PM)moonrab Wrote:  Yep 
Hatred until becoming goondu 🤣

Wasted so much money on publicity, only to generate 13 mio arrival is suspicious.

Nothing to cheer about..

(24-02-2024, 05:27 PM)Lukongsimi Wrote:  Hatred lah

SG Politicians are world Highest paid, so, in order to justify, must be result oriented - 13 mio is lousy.

While Malaysian leaders are so lowly paid yet, can generate 18 mio arrival at ease in 2023.

(24-02-2024, 07:46 PM)Scythian Wrote:  SG Politicians are world Highest paid, so, in order to justify, must be result oriented - 13 mio is lousy.

While Malaysian leaders are so lowly paid yet, can generate 18 mio arrival at ease in 2023.
Important is how much money being made not how many people came

☝️
[+] 1 user Likes Lukongsimi's post

My has more sceneries, cultural, architecture sites, bigger number is normal.
My needs perhaps more than us as they have bigger population to fed.
[+] 2 users Like watchfirst9's post

(24-02-2024, 07:37 PM)Scythian Wrote:  Wasted so much money on publicity, only to generate 13 mio arrival is suspicious.

Nothing to cheer about..

Peanut la, just a drop in the ocean...🤣
Shua Ku...🤭

(24-02-2024, 08:41 PM)moonrab Wrote:  Peanut la, just a drop in the ocean...🤣
Shua Ku...🤭
Hongkong 34 mio tourists arrival in 2023 comparison with Singapore - it's making Singapore, a dwarf.

"The Hong Kong Tourism Board (HKTB) announced provisional whole-year visitor arrivals of 34 million in 2023, with four million visiting in December.

24 Jan 2024"

(24-02-2024, 05:21 PM)Lukongsimi Wrote:  Singapore so tiny island can get 13m tourists is considered not bad Liao.

"KUALA LUMPUR: Passenger traffic at airports throughout Malaysia recorded a double-digit growth in the past two months after the government introduced 30-day visa exemptions for visitors from China and India beginning Dec 1.

Transport Minister Anthony Loke Siew Fook said in a video uploaded on Facebook on Saturday (Feb 24) that the growth was a good development to drive the tourism sector and economic growth and would help strengthen the Malaysian ringgit."